Same strain.. same feeding.. ones different

• Thread starter MagicNative1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MagicNative1

MagicNative1

So I've been on this deal where I'm trying to pop a seed ruffly every 3 weeks so later on hopefully I'm closer to always being able to provide myself a constant home source of medicine and smoke...

On of my females for the most part is looking great.. she's still got some signs of heat stress, but doing well..

My other plant is this one in the picture.. I am kind of thinking it's a male.. it sprouted and since hasn't stop trying to become a very large plant as fast as possible... I don't necessarily mean overall appearance as in just a big bushy plant tho.. it just keeps stretching.. doesn't mean it's a for sure male obviously, but 🤷🏻‍♂️...

Honestly I have like 300+ seeds right now so I'm not even trying to look at options like tricking it into an early preflower to see if it grow pollen sacks or anything... I can just up root it and toss the soil..

But with that being said in the same IDK category, without doing any of those things to get a confirmation I still want to treat ""it"" as a viable plant because it may very well still come out to be a fem.. it just might be possible personal traits per phenom.. again idk.. idk the strains lineages or it's name even...

So what's my problem then.?.?

The plant that doing ok it maybe only 2 weeks max ahead since I'm trying to keep the rotation I needed a for sure back up if the first didn't workout..
This second one has a stretch disorder, lol, that I'm hoping isn't anything but I had it to far from the lights starting out so.... Streeeetch......
But this second plant in the last few days has started displaying yellow dots.. they're pretty uniform, running in straight lines in each section of the leaf going from the leaf vein out to the leafs edges of that section.. their not just randomly scattered all over... But they are literally all over just in uniform lines throughout..

I don't think it's Nitrogen def or tox for the most part.. not 100% it's not septoria, but the spots aren't necessarily turning dark even tho over time one or two spots have started browning... But they aren't blackening either.. I started thinking maybe mag def/tox... But was leaning more towards deficiency..

This isn't my first grow by far but I also don't want to say I'm exceptionally fine tuned either... Just hoping to get some insight..
I start to add another dose of cal mag to my nutrient bottle but have yet to as of tonight because I don't want to over do it.. plus I'm not really seeing any kind of tip burn either so I don't think it's nute burn... Idk what do y'all think... Hoping I get a few good answers here that'll make sense without jumping to 20 different conclusions

Same strain same feeding ones different
Same strain same feeding ones different 2
AKgrow

AKgrow

What are you feeding it? Are you adjusting pH for your feed? What are the numbers before and after adjusting? What brand/type of pH measuring device do you use? To me it looks like pH problems.

MagicNative1

MagicNative1

Right now I'm just using basic Bush doctor wholly mackerel 3-1-0 , Myco Chum, and a Cal-Mag... I have been kinda up and down a little on humidity and temperature isn't fluctuating much yet here but I do try to keep somewhere around 70's... The water here is pretty set at about 6.4 and I have checked it before when I first started running to see if the pH changed drastically when using these 3 items but it didn't swing that much at all.. maybe I tested it to soon and it's swung out of the 5.8 - 6.4 range but again I didn't think of that.. 😂 mostly because the other plant is getting the same feeding from the same mix and isn't showing any of these signs..

And also yeah I know I need better nutes and such as well these are what nutes I still had on hand so I ran with it..

AKgrow

AKgrow

Somewhere around 70's, meaning during the day? Does it get cold at night?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Please, turn on some regular white light when you take pix. It's very difficult to diagnose 'blurple or HPS Yellow" pix.
May we have a picture of the plant from the side?

MagicNative1

MagicNative1

Somewhere around 70's, meaning during the day? Does it get cold at night?
I probably float within 10 degree's throughout the entire day.. right this second I can't afford to keep everything optimal because about 3 months ago when I was walking back from my break to work which is right around the corner from the house and I was hit by a car and they ran.. I haven't had any type of paycheck or even a single FMLA check yet in 90 days...
So I pretty much just keep the trailer warm enough for me n the dog and somewhere close usually around 70 or so.. so that's what I shoot for majorly just to keep the plants good.. I also have 4 fans running one on the plants and 3 more in the trailer just to help circulation..

MagicNative1

MagicNative1

Please, turn on some regular white light when you take pix. It's very difficult to diagnose 'blurple or HPS Yellow" pix.
May we have a picture of the plant from the side?

Look at the stretch on this thing in just those few nodes

IMG 20211118 014025
IMG 20211118 014053
IMG 20211118 014214
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Good stretch. It looks like a Sativa at this point. It's too early to tell anything else.

MagicNative1

MagicNative1

Good stretch. It looks like a Sativa at this point. It's too early to tell anything else.
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking too as far as the sativa, I usually prefer just a slightly lower structure at my base.. but I did keep adjusting her a little day by day until I got to the point where she just stopped stretching up so much... Right now I'm waiting to see this 5th node progress a little more and when it quits sitting mostly upright.. ✂️✂️✂️. As soon as I see her start dropping that 5th node leave down in full light absorption mode I'm going to top it and do another unconventional mainline so I can run 4 closely pack mains until she needs her next top idk probably a few weeks from now or so..

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Keep us posted! I am currently running two plants each of Ca. Orange and chocolate mimosa, these plants could not be any more diff. In each case one has just doubled size. Terps are the same Bud structure the same, but each one totally outgrew the other. All conditions exactly the same. I lay this off to hybrids. While one may heavily show an indica trait the other showing the sativa. I’m still seeing this even after several generations. Good luck with the ladies!

MagicNative1

MagicNative1

😂😂😂 that's pretty much exactly what's happening.. I've gotten like 300 seeds.. they are all from the same plant... I pulled them myself, but ones growing nice robust healthy looking, nice leaf structure and her leaves are short squat fat little suckers like she's a indica... But this other is shooting up tall has nice elongated leave and it's not liking half of what I've been doing as well as the other and ""it's"" looking more like a sativa and idk Ive been thinking male. But idk for sure yet... completely different plants tho

Latest posts

Top Bottom