Samsquamch (test grow)

• Thread starter PrairieBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

#8 is a Whorled Phyllotaxy

I am amazed that no one has noticed the whorled phyllotaxy plant...

Post #9 - 2nd pic. middle plant and 7th pic
Post #10 - Plant #8 + pic below it, also last pic in the post
Post #19 - Last pic
Post #21 - Second last + last pic in post

It started out normal and at 3rd branch it whorled. Whorled Phyllotaxy is a genetic anomaly (mutation), where as Trifoliate is a characteristic leafset (describing plants that are supposed to have 3 leaves).
I have had 2 males with this whorled mutation in past grows, I culled them both. One of them changed back to normal branching after 4 th node and the other had lackluster performance (vigor issues).
Now on the other hand I have also had a stellar female that was whorled , she sure was a looker. I Fimm'd her between 5th and what would have been the 6th. I ended up with 3 heavy mains, and like 6 laterals....nice even canopy (flat-top). Potency was up there and she yeilded heavy (6zips/3gals).

On to this plant (#8), I believe the whorled trait may have been passed through the "Blue" in this hybrid . But then again it's been known to happen to 1% of a population of 100. I will probably cull it, female or not .... I dont fancy a plant in my garden that may or may not grow out of its mutation( I want stabilty). Then again, it may turn out to be a freak "sport" pheno. Who knows? Mutants have been known to produce some potent meds.

Some pics of #8....

001115.JPG

00984.JPG

004117.JPG

01264.JPG

01356.JPG

01168.JPG

Some random shots/close-ups of new growth.....

01457.JPG

02725.JPG

03422.JPG

03618.JPG

03719.JPG

02232.JPG

03027.JPG

02138.JPG

01937.JPG

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Thanks gents....so far it's been easy keepin them happy....should be some aggressive veg action as they start to stretch their legs and take hold!

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Not much traffic through here ... I guess you all just want to see flowers.
Here's a short update...
I did some pinching and bending on all the plants...I want to bush them out before next transplant and keep them short as possible. They recovered exceptionally well ...some started sexing due to maturity (7-9 nodes).... some very strong smelling phenos in there!
I wont bore you all any longer with grow details (unless asked of course)....you may notice I am at war with Gnats.

January 10th

00991.JPG

00887.JPG

01461.JPG

01175.JPG

01074.JPG

003127.JPG

02040.JPG

January 15th

00794.JPG

03227.JPG

04416.JPG

02824.JPG

01645.JPG

symbiote420

symbiote420

Nice #s bro! that last unrevealed plant might be a female too, it seems like the males show themselves first. I got 8 out of 12! I'm having a little gnat battle too, but they'll be toast soon. I was thinking the same thing PB, it seems nobody likes commenting on veg pics.....but around the 6th week things pick up, usually lol. What kind of lights are you under? your growth looks pretty impressive! and those holes in the stalk, are they from supercropping em? Keep up the good work mang!

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Heya Sym bro...yep should end up with 7 females outta 10 ....excellent percentage!
Feckin' gnats eh'...yeah lots of views/window shoppers passing through...cant wait to blow these girls up in flower. I have them under a 430 hortilux for now...holes in the meristem are from pinching/bending/crushing. You keep up the good work also my friend and thanks for commenting!

blazer

blazer

Hey prairie boy those are looking real nice bro very healthy and branching nicely looks like you been taking some good care of em can't wait to see how they progress!:stonedsmilie:

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Looking perfect again Prairie :) Any plans for your males?

Jimmynitz

Jimmynitz

Pisces Genetics
Very happy plants!

7 out of 10...yippie!! Gotta love that! :)

I'm digging the overall structure on what I've seen so far. These where not named "Samsquamch" for nothing, LOL! I think for tree growers that use UC's or MPB's, yeilds on this variety could be outta this world, imho.

B

bckwht

I love th structure..really excited to get some Pisces in my life soon

winta

winta

hey prairie how u been bro? the babies look very happy thanx for sharing!

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Thanks to all for stopping by and commenting! Things slowed down here for a bit due to my battle with temps,humidity and those fuckin pesky gnats are still being bothersome. I am gonna push these girls to their limits in the yeild dept.... so some more veg time and training for a cple more weeks. I am very happy with the overall performance and traits these plants are expressing so far...gonna be a bitch to keep smell under control though. Jimmy is spot on with the name of this hybrid...structure is dictating some monster plants lurk within and talk about stench!!
Heya Winta! Good to have you stop by my friend...hope all is well with you and the family.

Top Bottom