Samsquamch (test grow)

• Thread starter PrairieBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr_rodzilla

mr_rodzilla

Your ladies look extremely healthy --- im sub'd for the rest of the show ---------- So u r running straight organic fertz...... are you bubbling all your nutes!

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Your ladies look extremely healthy --- im sub'd for the rest of the show ---------- So u r running straight organic fertz...... are you bubbling all your nutes!

Thanks for stopping by and the nice words...if I use organic based ferts I always aerate/bubble for 24 hrs. My soiless mix pretty much has everything covered for full term ...maybe a bloom booster at weeks 5-7 in flower, thats pretty much it.

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Well I have good news and bad news....good news is I should be able to finnish this test grow but I may not have the stellar results I was hoping for.
Bad news is... I am not only at war with fungus gnats but root aphids aswell. I spent quite a few hours digging in my pots and around the rootzone...pulled out the microscope and identified the little fuckers. Purchased some azamax and mosquito dunks...going to foliar spray the azamax and follow that with a soil drench of mosquito dunks (soaked 1 tablet (crushed up) in 5 gallons of warm water for cple hours. I also purchased some Diatomaceous Earth that I will cover top of soil with and add more sticky traps. This the first time I have had root aphids ever...I believe they came from the bale of Sunshine#4. I will not transplant into fresh soiless mix until things are under control..they are still in 1 gallon pots and are rootbound all to hell.
And if that wasnt bad enough check this... my sewer line in the basement has a crack in the old cast pipe from our neighbours giant Elm tree's roots. Seems the roots were in search of water and found their way into the flanged coupling and expanded it to the point of fracture causing sewage to seep into the soil and water from washing machine to back up into basement (where my grow is) . I snaked out the drain with a powered snake I rented from casa depot ..used the different bit heads that came with it. The hole cutter bit really chewed the shit out of the root blockage and gave some temporary relief for now....we had to get the city workers to come in and scope the line and they gave us the details as to whats up. Well that just sucks...now they want to replace the whole line to the street with new pipe. Thing is they want me to remove the 12"w by 20' long by 6"(thick) concrete floor slab or pay someone to do it.They(city) only cover costs from outside house to street main line, this line runs directly under my flower room (non legal). So now I have to tear down and relocate all my equipment and any thing that makes it look like a grow room. This is not good for me or my wife and has stressed us both right the fuck out...it has to be done cause they are coming to inspect further in a week or so. We have no place to accommodate these plants within our house...I have an older camper that I may retrofit into a flower area as I dont have much choice, problem with that is its poorly insulated for this type of subzero weather...I'm pretty sure I can make it work though until all work is done in the basement. Yeah man I am shaking it rough and not looking forward to the security aspect of all this...the plants are going through a rough time and now this enviromental change is something they dont need to face.
I will do my damnest to pull this off and show the potential of these plants...they are real troopers so far, so please dont judge my pics of them as they have been through hell lately. I will post pics tonight or early tomorrow for sure, again sorry folks for this hiccup but it is what it is and I hope you all understand.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Bro, hit up Capulator on here and snag some of his bennies... Reports are saying they wipe out the gnats and RA's.. Good luck brotha!

Jimmynitz

Jimmynitz

Pisces Genetics
Damn PrairieBoy that sucks to hear bro. Look into Cap's bennies like Surfr said, and best of luck in battling the root aphids. For the gnats get yourself some Microbe Lift BMC ftw...forget those dunks, they suck and get expensive quick...the BMC is like one drop per 20gal..although I use one drop per 5 gal just to make sure. Kills em DEAD with the quickness everytime.:)

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry to hear PB seems like your getting some good advise, hope you get it taken care of..

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

shit bro, sorry to hear.

i had the EXACT same thing happen to me half way thru. i've been in the process of dealing with it since AUGUST. first thing the city did was send a contractor to snake the line. then he had to get video footage to verify the damage was on the city's end(which they would pay to fix). problem was he couldn't get the cam past a trap in the main line. so i had to get a floor cleanout put in, then have them come back for the footage, then wait 1-2 months for their decision, and then have the contractors come and do the work. Here's where it gets good and will help you out...i found three contractors that do sewer line replacement with no dig!!! basically they send a liner down the pipe n then force in an epoxy to set, all the while they pressurize the line so the liner expands out. pretty trick. total cost outa my pocket for the floor cleanout and the liner install was less than a hundo! city covered most of it. i was able to squeeze a crop in after i had the tape sent in.

i did the exact same as you, rentin the snake from the depot...numerous times! except last time i rented it i got it all backed up on itself n it was stuck 50 ft out! wound up gettin it straight but after that cleaning i said next time its gona be the city's job.

bro, i know exactly what your goin thru and i feel your pain. atleast you might be able to salvage the girls.

hopefully you can find a contractor that does no dig sewer replacement and your downtime will significantly be reduced(they did my liner in 1 day!!).

aside from that the plants were looking primo :yes

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Many Thanks guys!
All the great advice given has encouraged me to keep on keepin on...I hit up Capulator and am working on getting some bennies. Jimmy I spent 40 bucks on 6 mosquito dunks..no kiddin on expensive shit. I havent noticed many flyers this morning so...will see how this goes for now. Tyler...you feel my pain and frustration eh bro...you definately been there with what I am going through. I am not to sure if your procedure of (liner-epoxy) will work in freezing temps (epoxy setting/curing)..but i will enquire come monday for sure. Thanks bro!

Well here are some not so great (quick pics) of the ladies...remember that they have been in 1 gallon pots for quite awhile now and are definately rootbound. I didnt up pot them do to the pest plague...dont want to introduce pests into new soiless mix until eradicated 100%.
I think you tree farmers will love the structure of these ladies as they are a tree growers dream plant..lots of branching . If I was to throw them in flower right now in the 1 gal. pots I guarantee you I could pull 2-3 oz. easily from each with some organic tea feedings. The smells are off the charts man...good thing i have it in check ( can 100 w/ 700cfm vortex 8", can 50 w/ 400cfm 8" vortex, 2 vaportek 4000 with 120 day neutral cartridges. I pull through the 100 and push through the 50...the vteks are the only control I am using at this time and are doing okay set at 4-5.

0629.JPG

01080.JPG

01268.JPG

01180.JPG

02045.JPG

01943.JPG

01359.JPG

02434.JPG

02235.JPG

02628.JPG

02540.JPG

02928.JPG

02728.JPG

03323.JPG

03231.JPG

03032.JPG

03721.JPG

03624.JPG

04024.JPG

03919.JPG

04121.JPG

04223.JPG

04516.JPG

0441.JPG

04320.JPG

04713.JPG

04622.JPG

05115.JPG

0491.JPG

05313.JPG

05213.JPG

04223.JPG

0441.JPG

04320.JPG

04713.JPG

04622.JPG

04516.JPG

05115.JPG

0491.JPG

05313.JPG

05213.JPG

04223.JPG

0441.JPG

04320.JPG

04622.JPG

04516.JPG

05115.JPG

0491.JPG

04713.JPG

05116.JPG

05314.JPG

05214.JPG

0588.JPG

05512.JPG

05413.JPG

06112.JPG

06012.JPG

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

......sorry bout the dbl pic posts....wake n bake can do that to me.

mr_rodzilla

mr_rodzilla

those are gonna grow legs when u flower them. sending some karma your way!

Latest posts

Top Bottom