San Jose HempCon?

• Thread starter Backward_Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Backward_Z

Anybody been to any of these previously? What's the skinny?

H

HighPriority

No, I haven't but i'm going to this event for sure. Are you planning on going?

B

Backward_Z

I dunno--that's why I was asking. San Jose is a little far a drive for me.

C

CALIPURP

wut up art mann has a cool show on travel channel he went to the hempcon in la and from what i saw it looks cool im goin hope to see some cool ish..o yea u can smoke too i might never leave..:very_first_smiley::character0113:

C

CALIPURP

bump..HEMPCON WHO IS GONNA BE THERE ? IHOPE TO SEE SOME BREEDERS THERE

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looks like it should be a good one. Looking like I will attend.

S

SUPERBABY

I went to the one at the Cow Palce in SF in April..

it was lame.. like a giant head shop.. only two hydro displays and they were just lame trailers...

no undercurrent setups or anything even remotely new..

I did get people hawking vaporizers of all shapes and joint rollers at me constantly...

then I went into the medical part where clubs were selling weed.. I was not impressed with quality AT ALL...

I had like 4 or 5 free edibles from different clubs and I didn't feel a thing.. (lemonade, cookies, brownies, candy..and nada)

Basically some shitty, hastily put together event some greedy promoter is putting on because MMJ is hip..

rent out a nice big venue, charge all of the clubs dying for exposure a pretty penny for a booth and charge a bunch of curious stoners $25 to see...

I would've rather gone to a concert or something entertaining at the same venue instead of milling around to a bunch of head shop booths

big deal that you can smoke there.. you can smoke at a concert too.. and be entertained..

it's not like anyone's giving away any weed.. (or anything of value for that matter)

I was not impressed..

sorry to throw shit in the sock, but just my experience.. save your $ and see a cool concert or something

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
^^^^its only 18 bucks at the door:giggle^^^^

gtd:passingjoint:

S

starzandskarz

went to hempcon yesterday and sad to say i wasnt too impressed. small setup nowhere near as big as the cow palace hemp expo. listened to the "prince of pot" speak about his MLM hemp network and basically ruined my high. bruce perlowin and his associates are there to ruin what rights we have worked so hard to earn, shit the guy even admitted he had only smoked a handful of times in his life because it make him paranoid! they are not about helping sick people obtain high quality and safe medicine but about industrializing the industry and turning themselves from millionaires into billionaires. As far as prop 19 goes they swear that medical patients as myself will not be effected by the passing of the bill however it was unclear on whether or not you have to register with the feds to grow your own medicine if the law passes. If you have never been to an event like this you might find it exciting but keep an open mind when listening to most the guest speakers because these guys are not there to help the medical mj movement in a positive way. One question i was unable to have answered, as a patient in a place like this signing up for all these free samples and being put on the dispensaries list as their patient, what happens when you got 50 different samples and signed up for 50 collectives? are they all legally allowed to grow for you or just the most current place that you have visited?

F

frostedlove

I was there and I agree it was retarded in all aspects. It was a "just come to get your medical card and a free joint" Not worth the cash. 40 bones for me and the wife.
I wonder too if all these collectives are growing more plants for me and all the collectives I have signed up for????

Top Bottom