Sanctuary Soil and Feed Hydro Mix

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

What's up guys. So it was time to fill some new pots and I went into my local shop looking for my usual canna an grow stones and found this new product. Its made in the central valley and is coco, triple washed perlite, lava rocks. And let me tell you so far I love this stuff. It comes in 2 cu/ft bags for around 21 bucks, and runoff ppms were similiar to canna. This stuff is really light already but I still mixed 10 percent grow stones into the mix for extra aeration and crannies for bennies. Ill let yall know how it goes but I was grinning at spending half what I intended on spending on canna. Also each bag had roughly 5 gallons more than 2 cu/ft (15 gallons). Great value, keep an eye out my left coast people.

Sanctuary soil and feed hydro mix
Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I've been hearing good things about this mix. Definitely want to give it a try next round.

I know you said it's pretty light but whats the percentage of coco to perlite/rock roughly?

Glad to see someone posting about it.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

What's up chron. Funny you say that, I emailed Sanctuary Soil and Feed asking the same question and never got a response. If I'd guess I'd say 60 coco/ 40 mixture of perlite an lava rocks from my guesstimations. Right now I'm vegging in 3 gallons and they look right on point with the girls in the recycled 50/50 canna/hydrocorn mix. I paid 60 percent less for my medium mixture this run though between changing from hydroton to growstones and canna to big city. Gotta love something that saves a grower money at no expense to quality control, especially in an industry where the profit margins get smaller annually. Also check out growstones instead of expanded clay products that require dirty clay pits and quarries. Their made from recycled old bottles and are a 1/3 of the price and also come in 2 cu/ft bags. Good for the earth. Good for your wallet.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

If you pay more than $16 for a bag of canna coco you're getting fucked. I can't get the hydro mix for less than $20 here but they make just a pure coco product called dutchman that's around $18. You mos def need to aerate that one just like canna.

I dig their stuff but I had some runoff come out the bag at 1200 ppm. Guys swore up and down that it was from gypsum he adds. I guess he's one of (maybe the only) coco maker that has full control of his process. He charges with gypsum instead of calcium nitrate like plagron, canna, and everyone else. They just purchase their charge from a third party while the sanctuary guy does it all himself. It's a more old school and hands on way to process coco. It's not bad to support that.

Having said all of that I buy plagron stuff, lowest ec out the bag that i've found and they're the ones who make canna coco.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I bought a pallet of their hydro mix, got a pretty good deal and didn't have any crazy high ppms on the other end of the flush on any of the bags, I guess I picked up a decent batch. That sucks to hear other people are having issues. As far as being charged with gypsum I have no problem with that. I usually ammend my soil outdoors with gypsum also, stuffs crazy slow releasing. Ive had a good experience with this stuff and I haven't had to turn on the cement mixer for the indoor garden in months.

Top Bottom