Sanctuary Soil Empire Builder

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JJP53

Stop by the hydro store today and was telling the guy at the store that I was going to try doing an organic grow and he started telling me about Sanctuary Soils Empire Builder. He was telling me that it is similar to subcools soil. Has anyone on the farm tried this soil. What kinds of results did you get?

S

slap14

Stop by the hydro store today and was telling the guy at the store that I was going to try doing an organic grow and he started telling me about Sanctuary Soils Empire Builder. He was telling me that it is similar to subcools soil. Has anyone on the farm tried this soil. What kinds of results did you get?

I gave it try a little while back when I was using Subs recipe. It seemed ok but I did have a lot of gnat problems with that batch of mix so I stopped using. It may not have been the Empire Builder but chose not to take a chance and switched to something else.

Slap

socalval

socalval

I ran through 4 cu ft . half of it was coir besides the ph flux It was ok kind of weak for the price . Tried a bag of buckaroo castings and a bag of victory , claims its just as good as ffof . Its not imho it looked and felt dead .

N

noone88

I am using it. It works well. It comes precharged and trace copper. Only feed with beneficials, soil amendments, and root excelurator for the first 3-4 weeks. Do not feed with Calmag for the first 3-4 weeks.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I'm currently using this and compost tea, plants seem to love it. I

socalval

socalval

I am using it. It works well. It comes precharged and trace copper. Only feed with beneficials, soil amendments, and root excelurator for the first 3-4 weeks. Do not feed with Calmag for the first 3-4 weeks.

Whats the cal mag effect ......in flower ?

Danknbeans

Danknbeans

I would not recommend there soil (empire builder) to anyone. I bought 2 bags, everything I put into started freaking out within 3 days. almost lost a cple strains cause of it. Only tried because guys at store repped it hard they have since learned better I was not the only pissed off dude. Did not use any nutes just water. Ime only buy this stuff NEVER.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I would not recommend there soil (empire builder) to anyone. I bought 2 bags, everything I put into started freaking out within 3 days. almost lost a cple strains cause of it. Only tried because guys at store repped it hard they have since learned better I was not the only pissed off dude. Did not use any nutes just water. Ime only buy this stuff NEVER.

Must've been a bad batch;)
Nah, I've used it up until now, solely, from the start of my grow in December. I haven't experienced any issues. I guess I should refrain from recommending anything but I wouldn't not recommend it. The only thing I feed is ACTs that I brew and water thats it and things are going very well. I wonder if anyone else had issues with it.

Danknbeans

Danknbeans

I guess I should also refrain from being so emphatic about not using it but I've gone through hundreds of bags of soil. The guys at the shop were always trying to get me to use it. After telling them I was good they gave me a bag to try... First bag 9 months ago, was ok. Leaves canoed up a little growth was kind of slow. They vegged ok. Second time was about 1 1/2 months ago I just needed a little bit of soil. Guys at shop said they changed something and it should be better so I tried this time shit started freaking out w/in 3 days leaves curling up rust burns everywhere plants started throwing a ton of one leafers. Ive used roots humboldt dr q ffof happy frog black gold and sunshine #4 and never had any of the issues i had with this stuff. Almost lost a strain I've been keeping for 3 yrs now just my experience but will not be using again.

Danknbeans

Danknbeans

I do most of the time anymore. Unless i dont have time or get lazy. . . Most the time just being lazy :)

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Sorry to hear you had issues, perhaps I shall reflect on that. Making soil is always a great move but I was kinda in a rush and didn't wanna wait months for my soil to inoculate so I kinda rushed out and bought Empire. I asked the guy at the store about the canoeing leaves which I also experienced, LMFAO, he said my ACT was too hot and to pull back from using it. I mixed up an epsom salt foliar spray with a little calcarb and done. I had to use it every week for a few weeks then I just started adding a little handful to my ACT then watered. Empire definitely won't keep your calmag hungry plants happy for a long period.

BTW Danknbeans... "I have seen your baseball, only they don't call it a baseball.... "

organicozarks

organicozarks

A decent soil mix with 25%-30% compost, and Compost tea once a week, and you should never ever see any form of deficiency, everrrrrrrrrrrrr. Deficiency's are for the hydro guys. :)

Your plant will take what it needs once you provide the correct environment for it.

Danknbeans

Danknbeans

BTW Danknbeans... "I have seen your baseball, only they don't call it a baseball....

Hahaha. Was starting to wonder if any one would put the 2 together.

EVOKE

EVOKE

that shit is garbage... i bought a few bags i ended up throwing all my plants in the trash... i will NEVER buy this shit again lesson learned...

chadkush

chadkush

This stuff seems like something you would want to mix in with ur soil. Btws where can i find canna terra professional plus soil at? That shit seems like some good dirt from the reviews ive seen.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Fuck, don't do it.
I was convinced by a friend of mine, a pretty good grower too but this stuff fucked some of my ladies up. :/ as stated by many above I had some definite problems with the empire builder. I have four ladies given to me by a friend in this soil and he swore by it. I've been seeing a bunch of one leafers, and then a bunch of leaves going necrotic and dying off.
I numbered it down and have been treating those problems with no success and couldn't figure out why.
Today one guy at the hydro shop explained to me the many nats they were seeing come out of bags, and the inconsistent nature of the soil and that there were certain reasons they didnt carry every soil. "We're not Home Depot" he said.
But as he described what they saw as problems I knew that was the exact things going on with my poor girls. I also have a bunch other ladies in different soils getting the same reg and are loving life..

I've recently been using vermifire and I really enjoy it personally, I also use mykos drops from xtreme gardening with it.

chadkush

chadkush

WWell shit dude sorry to here about ur girls dieing. Hope you get it worked out. Ive never herd of vermifire i guess i should find out what it is.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Honestly, I'm pretty dissapointed cause i really wanted the soil to be as good as I heard. I also have another buddy I spoke with today who bought his own bag seperately but he says he hasn't experienced any problems yet??

Vermi fire info: http://www.vermicrop.com/vermifire

All the guys at the hydro store said it was hot right out of the bag, I threw a mykos slow release drop in with each of my girls as well. No burns when I put em in either, and all those ladies are loving it. Is seems to be pretty rich, its got great drainage and there's hydrotan in which probably helps. They also offer a vermi- T ready to go which is supposed to revamp the soil but I've been told by folks who bought their brewer its just a worm castings tea of sorts, so after trying it once I just use my own ACT.

What do you know, lol, I just picked up another bag today so here's a flick just to show you it's really something I am currently using and would suggest to you!

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya their soil was garbage I bought a few bags of it and tossed it also. Only product of theirs I would recommend is their hydro mix.

Top Bottom