sanitizing equipment and house for mold and blight

• Thread starter BuBBleboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BuBBleboy

So it has been a few months since I have had my room up due to the mold/blight issues I acquired from the rose bushes that surround my current house (they have it BAD!) and I made a rookie mistake of not chopping and spraying those bitches to twigs.

Good news is I am moving, starting fresh in a plant-less house. I was wondering if anyone had advice on the best way to keep any mold spores from traveling with my equipment and house on the initial move. To my understanding mold can hang out for months until the right conditions permit it to grow, and I am scared it is in my clothes, couches, and everything else. I thought of using a buffer house to clean all my equipment at least, but that is pretty unreasonable for all my house hold items... any advice on this one... cleaning products, methods, ect. all is helpful, take it easy everyone, enjoy the weekend!

S

SkyHi

Maybe a bomb? Fungacide bomb thats is...either bomb the house your in before you move your stuff, or the new one once you move your stuff in.

G

gorillaseeds

Ozone is the answer you can sterilize everything but the plants, it may kill them.

B

BuBBleboy

Ozone is the answer you can sterilize everything but the plants, it may kill them.

like an ozone cleaner tube looking thing.... im thinking maybe that will help to keep them from getting spores in the room once they are in? However, I don't know if that will get mold out of my couches though, or keep it from traveling with me, will it?

B

BuBBleboy

Maybe a bomb? Fungacide bomb thats is...either bomb the house your in before you move your stuff, or the new one once you move your stuff in.

Any brands/chemicals in particular?

I thought about putting everything in my new garage and bombing it with fungalflor brand fungus bombs. I tried it as a preventative when i cleaned my room out and re did it and that didn't last(or work to my knowledge) . And when I used it as a last resort once my girls had blight again it fried them to a krisp. So I don't know how will this will work, especially on my household items and furniture...

It says that the bombs are made for citrus tress and only outdoors/or in a properly vented greenhouse... any other brands anyone knows about that will sanitize, and stay relatively safe?

My roommate suggested steaming everything? but i don't know if that will kill spores either.

Top Bottom