sannie or chimera need input

• Thread starter bobman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobman

ok, i have fallen for the hype too much lately. after coming back to growing after a 10 year layoff I have yet to find anything above just average. I am between sannie's extema and ko kush or chimera's shnazz #2 or mental floss for my next try. I have read mostly good on all strains but i have noticed an increase in hermi reports for all strains listed. any input much appreciated this shit is driving me crazy!

R

Radio_Dread

i have run the KO Kush from sannie. very fast growing and flowering. it was ready at 8 weeks. good smell and smoke. ZERO hermies

B

bobman

Thanks radio,

the ko kush is the one strain I have not read a hermi report on. Overall it was a keeper for you? How was yield? I really do not care so much about yield but I grew durga mata and I could not get over .28-.3 grams per watt and i tried to do it several different ways.

S

SSHZ

From experience, I can only comment on the Sannie's gear. I've grown both, along with Hericules, Anesthesia, Chesseberry Haze, Madonna. Personally, the Anesthesia was the strongest of all but had a long veg period and below average yield. Very potent. No hermies in the lot. Sannie's gear is cheap, consistant, generally easy to grow, few if any hermies, but it's not "A" weed- but a solid B or B+ for sure.

I'll also mention reading many great things about Chimera's beans. Personally if I was you, I'd grow the Snazz- I've read absolutely KILLER grow reports on these.

Lastly, much of what is out there today is quite similar. And I'm still a firm believer that the "old day" strains were better than most of todays. But not all. The trick is finding the keepers-the occasional EXCEPTIONAL plant!

B

bobman

thanks sshz
you nailed it right on the head. That is where i am leaning but a solid b or b+ sounds really good to me now. I could not agree more on the strains from the 90's. Everything I grew back then was gold many keepers. I grew under 1000 watt hps flood lights from grainger supply that I had to rewire. what a fire hazard and they weighed a ton. My conditions were horrible but I still got .5-.7 grams per watt of dank dank weed.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah yeild wasnt too great either. it could have been improved with a longer veg. but like sshz said the high didnt pack that punch that killer does, but it was good smoke for sure

L

lime6161

I like your thinking. I have all of those going now.

KO kush,ex,heri in veg now. pack of each. lookin good so far.

Grew out the floss and the snazz2 3x. Snazz2 won that battle. I kept the snazz2 for the pure dank smell, great wieght, and the stone a solid B+. The dry sift from the snazz is crazy.

No hermies at all (c-4) was another story.

S

SSHZ

Bob- I'm actually meant the 80's but the 90's weren't bad either. The problem today is everyone with a garden thinks they are "breeders". Most are hacks with little true knowledge of what they are doing.......

I grew the original Snazzleberry years ago- it was the F1. Very nice, still one of my favorites. I'm assuming the F2 and F3's are similar but often later seed generations are quite different from the originals. Mothers die, genetic drift, etc. causes unlimited changes in the genes. Just ask Serious Seeds, where it's most obvious.

Bob again- I've found from experience that when yields are as low as yours- it's caused by 2 things: either the strain is a light yielder or not enough light. Almost anything can be trained to produce big numbers if you pinch the plant back a few times over a long veg period. Regarding light, for me it's always light vs heat. Would love to add more light but heat buildup (only in the summer) drives tempts too high after a few hours.

Z

zombywolf

I can only speak for the KO Kush on your list. I mean rock hard and dense sticky bud. High is stronger than avg-will fit your need on that. If you are looking for you-great choice. For yield-lacking.

F

frogeye

Go with the killing fields,good yielder,potent all for a great price.The herijuana is good but not as strong as it used to be. This last run was kinda dissapointing maybe i got a not so great batch not sure.Sannie also give some killer freebies.Another 1 is ace seeds Panama strain good yield and potent as hell.If you dont mind the wait go for some of the new mr nice haze strains or sssdh.Alot of really good herb out there even the bodhi lemon thai would be a good choice for a good price.good luck bud

B

bobman

That's why I like this place people know their shit.

Lime looks like a hell of a line up. I will be very interested in your results. I was also thinking about the c4 but I have read just enough iffy information about it to scare me off.

SSHZ looks like you have me by a couple of years but i could not agree more. Funny you mention serious seeds I have the opportunity to run ak again so I will see what happens. As far as yield goes I am lucky enough to have a good space and plenty of light. I tried so many different things with that strain and always the same results.

zomby yes ko seems pretty good but how bad is the yield? I just phased out a plant I could not get over .3 grams per watt no matter how hard i tried. I would like to avoid that but I wish I had that strain now.

frogeye if I were going that route i was thinking sannie's jack over killing fields but both seem really positive. I would like to go mr nice but i dont know when they are coming out and i need to get going now.

B

bobman

I know you guys are going to think I am neurotic but I might just go with a joey weed strain and a strain from beanho. I have yet to see a review on beanho stuff so i might take the plunge. Something is just not feeling right about sannie or chimera right now. I read so much and have had such bad luck I am always second guessing myself. But joey weed has been on my list for a while, a lot longer than these two. I dont know I am so confused.

J

Jalisco Kid

I have a c-4 going on 6-8 cycles,no herms. Both breeders have some nice herb to offer. JK

K

Karma Genetics

Where is my hermie's ? hi hi hi......

I would go for some Chimere when having the choice of those, You know he is a treu breeder.

He doesn't work from a closet.

Z

zombywolf

Bobman,

Yield on KO- about 25% less than normal. A normal untopped indica mix might yield .6 of an oz dry per plant-this one maybe .45. What you might look at instead at Sannie's is Extrema- same Heri, but adds Chemdog D-a better yielder than the kush in KO. Should be a real head buster. Chimera-Calizahr, Grapefruit/Blueberry, Schnazz all good.

S

SweetIslandFunk

Ive had no herms with my extremas, just a bad m/f ratio

S

SSHZ

I found the Joey Weed and Nirvana beans were cheaper but also was not impressed with most of their stuff. I try to stay with the basic N.L. or W.W. items when ordering from them. Killing Fields takes a real long flowering time but may be Sannie's best item. Very good yields are possible from the K.O. Kush with alot of pinching and a 6 week veg period. If not, low yield is to be expected. If you want a strong Herijuana- go with his Hericules which is Herijuana X Shack. Very strong med's!

O

Old HAGgler

I WOULD LIKE YOU ALL TO STOP RIGHT THERE.
my KO hermed on me.
i had pictures of it too..... radio dread saw em.
not BAD, but enough to give me a couple beans here and there.
it got to high 80s for two or three days, so it may have been stressed out,
but none the less they did appear.

and as for the heri i ran that too, and man if that shit USED to be stronger i wouldnt want it, i smoke good sativa all day, and one hit of that heri and i am ASLEEP. like i try soooo hard to just keep my eyes focused and looking straight, but it doesnt happen.

im running fems from sannie right now as well as some indica mix (herijuana, jackberry and anesthesia) as well as more KO.

closet or not however he produces his beans, i've had 100% germ, and the guy is downright legit. customs picked my shit up TWICE and he still sent em. SUPER stealth might i add. my word may not be much buy i def vouch for sannie in price quality and service. word.

Top Bottom