Santa Fe Dehumidifier

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oxanaca

oxanaca

So im looking for an energy efficient dehumidifier. Something that can I can use nonstop for the next 5 years with minimal problems.

Two models that have caught my eye are this very enery efficient lower output model

http://santa-fe-products.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=36

And this higher performance, lower energy efficiency model, but still pretty frickin efficient compared to a walmart dehumidifier
http://santa-fe-products.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=36

They both cost the same. +-2100$ But the impact uses 20 % less energy per volume of water. And the maxdry dual sucks out 50% more h2o per hour.

oxanaca

oxanaca

I should add I am currently running 7 gavitas, @1150w. But will be steping up to 16 gavitas hopefully next fall.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

have 2 dual xt's
one is about 5 years old and the other is about 3 years
the old one is set just above 60% and the new one is at about 67-68%
the mr slim pull most of the vapor and the dehuey's are for excess and night cycle
never had a prob with either unit

fwiw

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I run the Sante fe max dry XT 155 pint a day and it's a great dehuey but it sometimes falls behind in my 8k sealed, I supplement with another small one from home cheapo when needed. If your running 16 gravitas you will probably need 2 max drys. That being said I will try out the dri-eaze 205 printer for my next dehuey purchase in hopes for 1 large one per room.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Dri-eaze 7000lxi LGR is the model you probably want.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

I remember @midwestdensies, got a santa fe for one of his past grows. He spoke highly of the unit. I believe the thread was "harem's hideout". SkĂĽna

oxanaca

oxanaca

I picked up one of these a month ago. http://revolution.drieaz.com/

Got the tip from Texas Kid.

Great product.
I like how its so light and portable but its output is almost half the max dual xt. And it removes 4.5 pints per kwh. Down from the max xts 7.2 pint/kwh and the impacts 8.8 pints/kwh.
Plus its only $200 less than the santa fe models.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I hear yah. I got mine on promotion, it was being sold for $1615.00 all October. Yeah it has has other bells and whistles the pump will pump up to 20 feet vertical. I, like wobs, am running mr. slim(s) and they really move some water. I pull 4 to 5 gallons per day with evaps alone and probably another 3 to 4 gallons on the revolution.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
How much water will you use to irrigate your plants?
Split in half and that is generally will cover how much dehumidification that is needed.
Plants will transpire the moisture.

Example:

Estimated 126 gallons to water all plants in one room with 21 lights.
Air conditioning removes 15-20% of moisture.
1 - 205 pint dehumidifier is estimated to remove 25.6 gallons.

Air conditioning up to 25.2 gallons @ 20%. Min 18.9 gallons @ 15%

51.2 gallons + 18.9 = 70.1 gallons. Should cover watering up to 140 gallons per day.

I use 2 5 ton air conditioners and 2 -205 dehumidifiers for a 21 light gavita room.

Quest is also made by thermastor. Rated for 24/7 use in grow rooms. They honor the warranty if used in a grow room.
Same features different brand. I picked up the dual 205 for about 1900. Retails for 3k

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Split in half and that is generally will cover how much dehumidification that is needed.

Example:

51.2 gallons + 18.9 = 70.1 gallons. Should cover watering up to 140 gallons per day.

I use 2 5 ton air conditioners and 2 -205 dehumidifiers for a 21 light gavita room.

Quest is also made by thermastor. Rated for 24/7 use in grow rooms. They honor the warranty if used in a grow room.
Same features different brand. I picked up the dual 205 for about 1900. Retails for 3k

Damn lead thats a calculation ive never seen before,badass and a real help to someone trying to figure dehuey size.

smokie

smokie

http://www.sylvane.com/dri-eaz-phd-...jB_5ClDtkU5pFNgkTSi6421UFChs0sF2tQBoCVjDw_wcB

dri-eaz-phd200-main.png

I spoke with Dri-Eaz and they said the PHD200 will work just as good as the Revolution LGR.
They said the LGR can take you into the 20-30% humidity vs the PHD will easily keep you in the 40-50% humidity. It looks like the same one with out the half blue case.

$1800 vs $1100

oxanaca

oxanaca

Example:

Im gonna get a quest 155. It should do the trick for now. I want to check out some industrial dehumidifiers for my next location. I Dont think im gonna stop at 16 lights.

Tony69

Tony69

The Santa Fe Max is an excellent dehuey. Runs smooth with out any vibrations. I wish they made them 220volts. I was running a Santa Fe classic which would not keep up with a 9k Gavita room, installed the Max running on its own and it had no problem bringing the humidity down.
The service at Santa Fe is excellent, I had the blower go out on my Classic and they sent me one for free even though it was out of warranty.

A

advanced396

The Quest 205 runs great & there made by Santa Fe for the hydro industry. I've been running one in a 20 light sealed room with 10 tons of air day time RH 45 to 50% and night time 65%. The Quest 205 pull 205 Pints at 80 degrees.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Interesting article on LGR dehueys,
http://www.icsmag.com/articles/91689-what-is-an-lgr-dehumidifier-more-than-what-you-may-think
Not sure we need them as we want to control humidity,not get rid of it completely.Definitely more efficient though.

I do see ur point. I like them bc of the fact they can pull down deeper. At the end of flower I can be down to 25% during the day. It gives the room and the plants that much more of an arid environment to simulate drought conditions before chop. I run my Phoenix Max 200, 24 hrs a day from start of week 6 till end.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I ohnestly did not know what an LGR was until you posted deacon,then i started to look it up.Ive run santa fe's for years and none are LGR units,you are right though an LGR will pull deeper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom