Santa Marta Colombian Gold smoke report

• Thread starter johnursery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnursery

johnursery

alright been putting this off long enough here goes:
Thanks to FastForward for the new smoke report template You dont have to use this, its just an option for you all

THC Farmer Smoke Report

INFO
Tester Name : Johnursery
Strain : Santa Marta Colombian Gold
Method Smoked : freshly cleaned glass bong

APPEARANCE

(insert photo here where possible)

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Lemon Zest
Associated smells of bud : floral fruity

TASTE

Dominant flavour : Lemon rind
Associated flavours : peach pit

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) 10
- cough factor? : yes/no No

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body) 95% Head 5% Body
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 7
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 3 hours
Use : Daytime/Bedtime Absolutely Daytime!
Munchies? : yes/no Yes
-----------------------------------------------------

I had condensed the flavours from those images into a flavour and taste list below, but I think it might overcomplicate matters....or rather, Marco's is very thorough and already covers that, so why reinvent the wheel? This is meant to be a quicker version and I figured what better way to describe a taste or flavour than a one liner (e.g. citrus with skunky undertones). Here it is anyway. If you want it in I can put it in, but I think shorter is sweeter atm.

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
ammonia (x) - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity (x) - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus (x) - orange () - lemon (X) - lime (x) - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

floral (X) - perfume () - blossom (x)
minty (x) - methol (x) - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody () - incense (x) - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar (x) - pine ()
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY
earthy () - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky ()
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees ()

so far in all my years of smoking and growing this is the tops for me, my favorite, a holy grail top shelf head smoke, easy to bring me right next to a zen state only to be aware of it just out of reach as my mind keeps wandering, extremely introspective yet no paranoi at all in fact calming and relaxing, soothing yet upbeat and very awake...makes me happy like a mood booster its very hard for me to describe but i can say as someone whos been on alot of meds for PTSD that this makes me happier with a better outlook than anti-deppresants ive used in the past, makes me more relaxed than anti-anxiety meds ive been on, and moreover helps my overall ballance...now this is all subjective and based on my experiences but im looking forward to having one of my friend's i served with coming to visit soon and having the opportunity to hear all his thoughts on this bud...very uplifting hard to pin down why though...
as far as growing this was not an easy pleaser espescialy indoors but growers with some patience and practice should be able to handle her if they know what to expect from a sativa growth structure, also this landrace has a good amount of variation still, there is realy only 1 standout female out of the 2 packs i popped but there were some other good pheno's just like the diff pheno's that were in the Love Potion from reeferman except obviously no rootbeer pheno from the g13 side...
very up high but not speedy, doesnt make me wanna run around and clean but does make me wanna get up and go outside which is opposed to my hermit like behavior i normaly display...its very up but very relaxed, so hard to put into words, good social bud for a circle smoke...its not realy potent but that doesnt displease me at all strangely....anyway im done rambling for now, time to enjoy the rest of this bowl :D

Santa marta colombian gold smoke report
Santa marta colombian gold smoke report 2
Santa marta colombian gold smoke report 3
Santa marta colombian gold smoke report 4
S

SLO Grown

Thank's! I love this strain, C-Gold. Have been growing this strain for 35 years. Still have the same strain, Land Race I picked up in Columbia 36 years ago. Still the best I dealt with....

johnursery

johnursery

Thank's! I love this strain, C-Gold. Have been growing this strain for 35 years. Still have the same strain, Land Race I picked up in Columbia 36 years ago. Still the best I dealt with....

thanks for stopping in, yea i could see myself growing this for 35 years too lol

BlackBart

BlackBart

Use to buy Keys for $ 225.00 way back in the late sixties . Still some of the best I have ever had . Love to have some beans of her .

A

A.Sherman

I bet you recieved alot of PM's after this post.

O

organickat

Great review reef hooked me up with alot of his new and older crosses and harmony is my fav so far but love potion is up there

johnursery

johnursery

ive not tried the harmony but the Love Potion is 2nd on my list as favorite strain grown or tried so far, if you liked the LP youll love the pure SMCG, i saw alot of the variations that were in different phenos from the original love potion...just needs some stabalizing IMO but its nice to be able to do that yourself when it comes to landraces

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

alright been putting this off long enough here goes:
Thanks to FastForward for the new smoke report template You dont have to use this, its just an option for you all

THC Farmer Smoke Report

INFO
Tester Name : Johnursery
Strain : Santa Marta Colombian Gold
Method Smoked : freshly cleaned glass bong

APPEARANCE

(insert photo here where possible)

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Lemon Zest
Associated smells of bud : floral fruity

TASTE

Dominant flavour : Lemon rind
Associated flavours : peach pit

Harsh/smoothness : (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) 10
- cough factor? : yes/no No

BUZZ

Profile : Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body) 95% Head 5% Body
Potency : (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 7
Duration : (approx length of buzz, from first hit) 3 hours
Use : Daytime/Bedtime Absolutely Daytime!
Munchies? : yes/no Yes
-----------------------------------------------------

I had condensed the flavours from those images into a flavour and taste list below, but I think it might overcomplicate matters....or rather, Marco's is very thorough and already covers that, so why reinvent the wheel? This is meant to be a quicker version and I figured what better way to describe a taste or flavour than a one liner (e.g. citrus with skunky undertones). Here it is anyway. If you want it in I can put it in, but I think shorter is sweeter atm.

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT
turpentine ()
metallic ()
ammonia (x) - urine () - vinegar ()
bleach ()
lotions () - plastics () - glues ()

SWEET
fruity (x) - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () - citrus (x) - orange () - lemon (X) - lime (x) - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti frutti ()

floral (X) - perfume () - blossom (x)
minty (x) - methol (x) - spearmint () - peppermint ()

SPICY
woody () - incense (x) - hardwood () - sage () - juniper () - cedar (x) - pine ()
basil () - garlic () - dill () - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate ()

MUSKY
earthy () - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () - dry ()
animal () - bird () - rodent () - gamey () - skunky ()
botanical () - hay () - autumn leaves () - trees ()

so far in all my years of smoking and growing this is the tops for me, my favorite, a holy grail top shelf head smoke, easy to bring me right next to a zen state only to be aware of it just out of reach as my mind keeps wandering, extremely introspective yet no paranoi at all in fact calming and relaxing, soothing yet upbeat and very awake...makes me happy like a mood booster its very hard for me to describe but i can say as someone whos been on alot of meds for PTSD that this makes me happier with a better outlook than anti-deppresants ive used in the past, makes me more relaxed than anti-anxiety meds ive been on, and moreover helps my overall ballance...now this is all subjective and based on my experiences but im looking forward to having one of my friend's i served with coming to visit soon and having the opportunity to hear all his thoughts on this bud...very uplifting hard to pin down why though...
as far as growing this was not an easy pleaser espescialy indoors but growers with some patience and practice should be able to handle her if they know what to expect from a sativa growth structure, also this landrace has a good amount of variation still, there is realy only 1 standout female out of the 2 packs i popped but there were some other good pheno's just like the diff pheno's that were in the Love Potion from reeferman except obviously no rootbeer pheno from the g13 side...
very up high but not speedy, doesnt make me wanna run around and clean but does make me wanna get up and go outside which is opposed to my hermit like behavior i normaly display...its very up but very relaxed, so hard to put into words, good social bud for a circle smoke...its not realy potent but that doesnt displease me at all strangely....anyway im done rambling for now, time to enjoy the rest of this bowl :D
Whatever camera you used is a really good one on the upside, on the downside...it looks like the buds were sprayed with sugar water for more weight (from the darkness of the calyxes it seems....) but then im just some brutha on the otherside of the computer...where abouts did you pick it up at? and do you have the lineage?

PS, get some really good "bud trimmin' chicks"...(the ones with dreadlocks... :) and have them mani up them buds...(itll cut down on the harshness even more and swing from less a citrus to a more robust earthy taste)

johnursery

johnursery

thanks for stoppin in tokenblack, dont worry they werent sprayed i grew them myself...they were from reefermans SMCG...i didnt manicure as good as i coulda but that doesnt bother me cause i give a final cuticle scissor trim before i load a bowl and let the trim, and alot of the calyxes from the main stems fall back into my jars so i can use that for my blunts and J's, i only grow for myself so id never have to worry about having so much i cant trim it myself

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Looks nice man. I'm not into the couchlock thing myself. In fact I'd rather have anti-couchlock strains for the headstash. I wish more exotic sativas could be found. Best I ever had was thai stick back in the late 80's. Freaking electric buzz.

johnursery

johnursery

thanks organicyumyum, no cut i just selected it from seeds had 2 good males i couldnt decide between so used them both to make more beans :)

i hear you there darth fader i realy like a nice clean sativa perma grin although for my sleep problems i do like a good indica unfortunately i havent found the ultimate sleep indica yet...that thai stick sounds lovely, i deff hear you on wishing more exotic sativas were available but it does take alot more patience, skill, and space to grow long flowering sativas so i can see why some commercial breeders arent using them, but some breeders are and i think more will when theres more demand which will happen when people get burned out from strong foggy indicas and go back to sat dom strains like what happened in the 90's lol

B

BluntForce

makes me want to grab a pack and then do the love potion X myself. I hear reefs Nepalese highland is a good LR Indica but more stable than these. I can't recall... are these (SMCG) listed as an IBL? Great smoke report by the way, love that up sativa high that has you gigglin like a kid if you have enough, great memories... seems like it's getting harder and harder to find this kinda herb these days. Maybe it's just me?

johnursery

johnursery

there listed as an IBL but there is still alot of genetic variation in there IMO great for pheno hunting or creating your own IBL line from your favorite phenotype, cant comment on the highland nepalese as ive not grown it though...peace

B

Biggestpothead

I got two mixed pack of Gage and my worst fear is to end up with some landrace 14 week Colombian gold or colombian black. Those strains along with the landrace cross Willie nelsons are the plants I would probably pitch due to flowering times. I want the sour grapes and sour lemons and the blackberry pie

johnursery

johnursery

well good luck on your mixed packs, ive not grown gage's gear before so i cant comment on there colombians, but i will say if your worst fear was getting a long flowering sativa then dont buy mixed packs, not everyone has the patience skill and taste for some of these legends...but theres plenty of crosses with quick flowering times, and bag appeal, for those with less concerning tastes, fact is thats what most breeders are trying for because thats what most greedy growers want...not saying that your one of those greedy growers who only wants somthing thats trendy or hip or "fire" that finishes fast and sells faster...just saying its well worth the wait for those with patience and high standards for top shelf head nugs...sorry if i came off like a d*ck but im not sure where your comming from posting in this colombian gold thread saying your worst fear would be to end up with a strain im very passionate about, i put a lota work into growing and making selections for future grows and even wrote a smoke report on this

B

Biggestpothead

No prob john it's just pure sativas take way too long to flower and aren't worth the effort. I can run two cycles of higher yielding high quality shit in the same time of one cycle of the pure Colombian gold. I heard the high is great but not in my best interest financially cause I smoke ALOT. Not to mention I want some kinda body high too. U asked y get a mix pack? Uh the variety of great strains for a low price. I got 12 seeds for 40$ check Gagegreen.org or attitude to understand y when u see his shit. Peace

jyip

jyip

bphead
u r in the WRONG THREAD dude. if sativaa arent your thing, u should run towards whatever floats your boat, BUT you shouldn;t knock Johnnursery cuz he likes SMCG....

nice lookin bud there JN!! it looks very similiar to the LP#2 i had grown b4 from rms...dont mind the knucklehead mmy friend, not everybody can have good taste, and know we have an perfect example of that typa guy

it looks like the buds were sprayed with sugar water for more weight

sugar water,, how old r you?? i bet that sugar watered weed taste like burnt sugar huh? geez, r u really serious here?

i dont understand how smcg attracts silly posters talkin bout sugar water n mixed packs of beans...wow!

B

Biggestpothead

bphead
u r in the WRONG THREAD dude. if sativaa arent your thing, u should run towards whatever floats your boat, BUT you shouldn;t knock Johnnursery cuz he likes SMCG....

I didn't knockem I said smcg probably has a great high but the flowering time is not practical for MY use.

i dont understand how smcg attracts silly posters talkin bout sugar water n mixed packs of beans...wow!

The idiot has spoken, many great cuts were found in mixed pack for ur info. Learn something...If u know what ur doing u should have no problem identifying a strain. Especially a Chemdog, a Thai, or a purple indica strain from the rest.

Top Bottom