Santa Marta Colombian Gold smoke report

• Thread starter johnursery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

InvisibleM

Thank's! I love this strain, C-Gold. Have been growing this strain for 35 years. Still have the same strain, Land Race I picked up in Columbia 36 years ago. Still the best I dealt with....

Just curious what the flowering time is on your CG? I had a 25 year old mostly indica I let go a couple of years ago, but I do remember the Columbians and Thai sticks of the 70's.

S

SLO Grown

Just curious what the flowering time is on your CG? I had a 25 year old mostly indica I let go a couple of years ago, but I do remember the Columbians and Thai sticks of the 70's.

Good question btw. I have 3 monsters in the greenhouse at 13 weeks in. Going to let them go another week, so 14 weeks is a good estimate. I backedcrossed her again for the 10th time so I will have some fresh seeds next year. The are awesome you should see them! About 8+ feet and lime/lemon in smell! Each time I grow CG I have many different pheno. This time two are pretty close rock hard spears 2-4 ft long the other is more harry with small leafs but the smell is unreal prehistoric like a real trip like the freshest air you have ever smelled with a lemon lime blast! A real pleasure!

convex

convex

Love this thread, and love SMCG!!!

Have SMCG from a few different sources, look forward to when I get ahead of things and can do some pollination!

Cheers

johnursery

johnursery

i didnt ever take flowering dates or flip dates but im guessing i was at least 16 weeks in, had a few small problems with hight and humidity staying constant (sometimes to dry) so that may have added to the flowering times...but IMHO theres somthing special and different about it that makes it SO worth the wait!

O

organickat

Ive been talking to RM and he has some amazing new lines hes working on and he's got some old school genetics (sativa and indicas) He's really going back to the the org genetics that alot of us miss

M

MTM

Reefs love potion is the strain used to make sativex in england,the you tube vidio says they purchased the cut of LP from a canadian breeder,they show you love potion clones vegged and flowered from clone and these LP from clone were about 7 ft tall

johnursery

johnursery

Reefs love potion is the strain used to make sativex in england,the you tube vidio says they purchased the cut of LP from a canadian breeder,they show you love potion clones vegged and flowered from clone and these LP from clone were about 7 ft tall

that love potion had so many good pheno's though! from the rootbeer pheno, to the lemon pledge pheno i wonder which one they used?

S

SLO Grown

Hey SLO Grown if you are talking about reefs santa marta how many runs did you do? and how many phenos you did observe? please share your experience..
stay secure

No these seeds were not purchased from a vendor. They were picked from buds on a trip to Santa Marta Columbia. And back crossed for fresh seeds every 2--3 years. Most pheno are 3 consistent ones, spear like and clump like. All are the same when it comes to potency, nothing like one gets from a Despensary far stronger and cleaner. Land Race is what bud should be not hybrid poodle pot.

S

SLO Grown

Did I understand you right: the colombian variety you maintain has lemon flavor to it?

Yes some lemon. Some have a sweet earthy sent. Some I can't explain. One thing is certain a long cure is highly reccomended for chemical convertion.

S

sagancampfollower

know this thread is old but I just saw it. In 2004 I ordered Love Potion and Newberry from RM. He sent Skunkberry and some unlabelled seeds. I grew them out and they strectched a good 8 feet or more. I'm not good with smells and taste but remember the plants had a silver hue in certain lighting. The "buds" such as they were looked like clumps of pine needles. The smoke allowed me to be high for the first time since the early 80's... music sounded alive like it used to when I smoked sativas over 30 years ago or used psychedelics. Up to 2004, pot would make me feel claustrophobic and clinging to the trap door, so to speak. I've always assumed it was SMCG. Does anyone have a clue?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
my CG that I got last year while I was in Santa MArta smells like really over ripe mangos. Its my favorite. I had three females and kept 2. One finishes at around 65 days, the other goes to 80 but I usually take her at 70ish.

ELBURRO

ELBURRO

Breeder
Supporter
Capular are you sure it is gc and not mango biche that you got in santa marta.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I have some Santa Marta CG beans in my stash......might have to go through them and see if any pop

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Capular are you sure it is gc and not mango biche that you got in santa marta.

I got the beans in santa marta from a good, well connected friend. He said its landrace. Other than that I dont know.

What is mango biche?

Mango is not really the right description of smell. Its very ripe fruitish with floral tones and a little baby poop as well. all three phenos I got smelled the same, but were a little different in structure and finish time. My favorite is the #1. it will go purple and very colorful at the end around 80 days. It has a very strong odor. mega carbon required.

johnursery

johnursery

know this thread is old but I just saw it. In 2004 I ordered Love Potion and Newberry from RM. He sent Skunkberry and some unlabelled seeds. I grew them out and they strectched a good 8 feet or more. I'm not good with smells and taste but remember the plants had a silver hue in certain lighting. The "buds" such as they were looked like clumps of pine needles. The smoke allowed me to be high for the first time since the early 80's... music sounded alive like it used to when I smoked sativas over 30 years ago or used psychedelics. Up to 2004, pot would make me feel claustrophobic and clinging to the trap door, so to speak. I've always assumed it was SMCG. Does anyone have a clue?

sounds like it but also might have been the love potion backcrossed to the SMCG i think it was the LP 2.0, then again reef worked with so many good sativa's it'd be hard to know for sure...

ELBURRO

ELBURRO

Breeder
Supporter
Cap
Mango biche is very common strain that is grown in sierra. It would be considered landrace and it just lot more common.

jyip

jyip

hey johnur,
wats up? i finally finished up mota's ruby red,,, red columbian X's G13Mikado,,,,60 days,,,, 2 week cure,,,, has that strong G taste to it,,,,good even head/body high,,, STRONG slight;ly skunky smell to it,,brought some to a lil party and peeps ke[pt saying it smelt like pot there,,hehe

hope alls good man,,,i just got another attitude t shirt yesterday, also got sagmartha nl#9, eva's jamaican dream 42 day flower fora sativa,,, barneys g13 haze, subcool's agent orange, dairy queen ,chernobyl,

Top Bottom