Sap Bubbles

• Thread starter ent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ent

I get these when using botanicare's sweet in soil. The clear ones were cropped a week early, but when the plants are mature the sap turns amber. The clear one is the goo. The amber one is green crack.

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7291.jpg

IMG_7412.JPG

IMG_7403.JPG

Does anybody else get these? Let's see some more pics!

D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
I use sweet and have never noticed that.. Are you sure that is what is causing it?? How much do you use per gallon??

C

centralcoastbud

I've got a buddy that has this happen as well.. i'll get him over here

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

I get it every now and then,I always thouhgt it was a thc gland gone mad.I have had it on various strains,with different nutes,I grow in soil.

E

ent

I use sweet and have never noticed that.. Are you sure that is what is causing it?? How much do you use per gallon??

I'm pretty sure it is sweet that is causing it. I showed another grower and the first thing he asked was 'do you use sweet?'. hit the nail on the head. i only use 3-4 products and sweet is one of them. i use about 10 - 15 ml/gal during bloom.

I get it every now and then,I always thouhgt it was a thc gland gone mad.I have had it on various strains,with different nutes,I grow in soil.

I'm not sure it has any of the active ingredients, ie thc or cbd's. Although they full melt, i believe that is just the glucoses. I could be wrong though. I don't get enough at a time to really test and i don't notice a difference as if it were a little fmcd on top of a nug.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

What your describing is called Guttation, and what your seeing is a sap exudate.... At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude (most oftenly) through special leaf tips or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational ascent. This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red(The red colour is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties; The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium) This sap usually contains a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. Upon drying, a white crust remains on the tissue surface. Guttated sap exudates most commonly exude from cannabis, along both sides of the leaf axil, where the petioles attach to the stem. Though Guttations typically exude(in most plants) through modified leaf stomata known as hydathodes, in cannabis guttations most commonly exude at the leaf axil, or another part of the stem via a stoma .

Top Bottom