sap dripping from my plant? sap?..

• Thread starter jordisgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

Hey all. i was tying down a branch about a month and a half ago. i snapped a branch almost off. it was only attached by a thread. it was even wilting. i took a piece of the grdn wire and got the meat to touch then tied it in place. it worked and the branch is healthy as hell but now there is a yellowish clear sap dripping from the seam....it tastes like pot like when u chew on a wet stem. any clue? normal?

J

Jalisco Kid

I have never experienced that. If I have a bad break I repair it then drip hot wax from a candle over in to seal the wound and seal in moisture. I would say try that and forget about it. JK
If you don't just keep an eye out for insects.

J

jordisgarden

yeah its pretty wierd. i checked the plant this morning and now its seeping from 2 spots right where the branch attaches to the main stem. but its not affecting it in a bad way so oh well. i just thought it was wierd.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

What your describing is called Guttation, and what your seeing is a sap exudate.... At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude (most oftenly) through special leaf tips or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational ascent. This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red(The red colour is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties; The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium) This sap usually contains a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. Upon drying, a white crust remains on the tissue surface. Guttated sap exudates most commonly exude from cannabis, along both sides of the leaf axil, where the petioles attach to the stem. Though Guttations typically exude(in most plants) through modified leaf stomata known as hydathodes, in cannabis guttations most commonly exude at the leaf axil, or another part of the stem via a stoma ..... It's no worry really, but that sap is effectively a delicious meal for any would be insects and pests, so I would seal the wound with wax just like JK said to keep from attracting any unwanted visitors.... Take care brother!!

J

jordisgarden

Thanks friends. wow i bet i wouldnt have found this info for 10 years on my own. so its no big deal? cool. now i was wondering can taste tell you how well flushed the plant is? jorge says ripping off a leaf and tasting the liquid can tell you how clean a plant is. i love it i learn something new every day here. this place fuckin rules

J

jordisgarden

Thanks friends. wow i bet i wouldnt have found this info for 10 years on my own. so its no big deal? cool. now i was wondering can taste tell you how well flushed the plant is? jorge says ripping off a leaf and tasting the liquid can tell you how clean a plant is. i love it i learn something new every day here. this place fuckin rules

R

Rabbi

I've always use honey for it's antibacterial and anti microbial properties and never had pests because of the honey. then just tie the broken branch back into position. garden wire works best on large plants.

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not agree with jorge much but he is right. It takes years to tell the difference though. JK

J

jordisgarden

...then i was like oh i hope that came from the plant.. what i did do was put some on the end of my cig and when i lit it it smelled the whole house out of the killer ganja.
hey rabbi. you use honey huh? what benefits do you get from it. do you use it to feed the microbes

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Ive found this sap stuff on my plants,buds,stems in the past and it taste well sweet lol

and i thought it was thc lmao

thanks Misselvis for the info

J

jordisgarden

yeah boy i have a bag of the sour in my pocket and its stinking out my pharmacy....one guy just walked by me and said." dam they must have that killa medical shit here"....not yet bro, but the moment we can i will.

Landslide

Landslide

Just found this at the bottom of the pot in my hydroton is this the sap you guys are describing

IMG 20180417 094431
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

The power of snake oils. We call it sandbagging where I come from.

Ask a career grower and he'll say its guttitation or hash tips. But it's foreign sugars. Aka fake frost. Aka 20% yield boost. Aka flavor booster cuz it makes scentless failbud smell like Southern tea. Aka sweetner. Aka tastes like chit cuz your smoking molasses.

Here comes the flock of sheep to tell you some lie, like "molasses is a complex carb, the plant doesn't absorb it"

K

kansabis

The power of snake oils. We call it sandbagging where I come from.

Ask a career grower and he'll say its guttitation or hash tips. But it's foreign sugars. Aka fake frost. Aka 20% yield boost. Aka flavor booster cuz it makes scentless failbud smell like Southern tea. Aka sweetner. Aka tastes like chit cuz your smoking molasses.

Here comes the flock of sheep to tell you some lie, like "molasses is a complex carb, the plant doesn't absorb it"
It should be eaten by the microbes not uptaken by the plants,too much use of sugars and carbs these days most of it isn't necessary.

Top Bottom