Sasquash Rosin Press

• Thread starter Maxigurl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

when I say 80-85% yield I am talking of 8-8.5 grams Rosin from 10 grams of dry sift.
To get high quality dry sift, the yield are pathetic, so turning that into 80% return making rosin is easy, but what did it take to get you to that point? 10 lbs of shake to get a few ounces of high quality sift( say 3 ounces)which will only make a 2.4 ounces of rosin at 80% return. That is not an 80% return IMO because it took 10 lbs starting material to get there. So 10 lbs to 2.4 ounces..... In other words.

Maxigurl

Maxigurl

Rosin only makes sense financially if you have access to large amounts of good shake for cheap. Flower rosin has too low of a return and the flower ends up being worth more than to make it into rosin. Dry sift or bubble to press into rosin is the only way to go financially. However, unless you start with very fresh very high quality shake and use a low micron screen to sift and low micron pouches to press, your end product will be dark brown and smell like shit. You get out what you put in, like anything else. Can't get chicken salad from chicken shit. So to do all of this and for it to make sense as a sole business venture, one must have tons of good shake. We do it here as a side project. It makes cents this way also to repurpose "waste" without chemical solvents. But do not go out and buy 100 units of shake from your neighbor and think that because it's "the chronic" that it will make fire rosin. FRESHness is key........ And harvest time. Amber trichs=Amber Kief=DARK brown rosin..strain specific too, not all strains make good rosin. Just jaw flapping... Peace
Thanks for the feedback soil .
Yes I do have access to shake , I have lots on deck now that I want to use and have a few friends that just basically give away trash bags full of shake . many people in my area are gravitating towards rosin from other forms of oil and hash for many different reasons. I see a growing demand for it at least on a local level .
In really exited to experiment with different strains to see what is best and what gets the clearest honey .
I think you are right , sift and hash is the way to go ! I don't plan on pressing my precious flowers .
Thanks again for the feedback and info . I will post later on my progress wich will be soon as I'm ready to buy a press. I'm going to go ahead and just buy one rather than build one .

The Dawg

The Dawg

Yummy :smoking:
IMG 5848

Latest posts

Top Bottom