Sassy's garden 2014

• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reyes plants

reyes plants

How are the teas made i want to make one somtime. And what does it consist of??i also had another qs if my nutrients all say organic on them does that mean there good for the enviroment as well

S

Sassyfemme

How are the teas made i want to make one somtime. And what does it consist of??i also had another qs if my nutrients all say organic on them does that mean there good for the enviroment as well

Reyes, I really don't know much about store bought nutrients, except that most of them contain salts of a sort that helps chelate the nutrients so that they are more easily absorbed by the root system. These salts tend to accumulated and can eventually block the intake of nutrients. There may also be other chemical elements involved. Bottom line for me, I prefer working with plants outdoors, in soil, period. As for the teas, I'm sure there are threads on the forum that deal specifically with them. I use worm casting compost and maybe a little guano for the vegetative stage, while for the flowering stage, I had flowering guano to the worm casting compost as well as a little blackstrap molasses. You will need to get yourself a bubbler ( aquarium pump ).

S

Sassyfemme

A close-up of a young bud from one of my 818 Headbands ( Sour OG ), notice the purpling, it's due to rather cold nights up this way. :)
818 Headband flowering

S

Sassyfemme

On the off chance that someone can point me in the right direction, I received these seeds from someone, he calls them Berkeley Dream, when I enquired about the genetics, he didn't really seem to know exactly. I grew a couple just the same, and have just harvested the plants. For anyone who has grown Blue Dream or any other strain that had Blue Dream in it, does this look like there's some of it's genetics in it? Not going to send off a sample to a Lab, just hoping to have a clearer idea of what I have. I can say that it is very sticky, extremely dank and haven't yet tried it as I have it drying.

Dream1
Dream
Sept1 Berkeley Dream buds
Sept4

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Looking good Sassy :) Most blue dreams are sativa leaners, and have big skinny leaves
That plant looks like its more indica leaning..but, that doesnt mean it doesn't have BD in there :rolleyes:
If you like it....Then, it really doesnt matter does it? :)

And I looked again, it looks like you have lots of 3 fingered leaves..
I think that's an OG trait :) (FWIW)

S

Sassyfemme

Looking good Sassy :) Most blue dreams are sativa leaners, and have big skinny leaves
That plant looks like its more indica leaning..but, that doesnt mean it doesn't have BD in there :rolleyes:
If you like it....Then, it really doesnt matter does it? :)

And I looked again, it looks like you have lots of 3 fingered leaves..
I think that's an OG trait :) (FWIW)

Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards a ' it looks yummy so I'll make use of it strain ', lol. Yes, it does have plenty of three and five fingered leaves. The cola are good seized and the smell is oh so yummy. You are right though, totally an indica leaning plant. Thank you for taking the time to answer my impossible question, seeing as the person who gave the seeds to me even said he just put a couple of strains together and doesn't remember what, he now also says there's no Blue Dream in it. Hehehe, oh well, will make for some good smoke and whatever else I get around to doing with it. :D

S

Sassyfemme

Big Freeze ( BC Bud Depot's The Big x Freezeland ), it would be a little taller but when I planted it, I did so on an angle so that about a foot or more is more horizontal than vertical. As it is, it's about 6 feet and a half or more.
Sept10 Big Freeze

Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese, over 6 feet and about 7 feet wide.
Sept10 Durban Poison x UK Cheese

A few 818 Headbands, aka Sour OG
Sept10 Headbands

Cali O. flower
Sept10 bud Cali O

Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese flower

Sept10 bud Durban Poison x UK Cheese

818 Headband flower
Sept10 bud Headband

Nebula x Juan x Big flower
Sept10 bud Nebula x Juan x Big

White widow flowering
Sept10 bud WW

Supercharge

Supercharge

You're going to have your hands full come harvest! Hope you have some trimmers ready to help you.

S

Sassyfemme

You're going to have your hands full come harvest! Hope you have some trimmers ready to help you.

Hi Supercharge, :)

Yes I do, and at different times as well seeing that not all those strains will finish together. Still, another 3-4 weeks, maybe even a little more. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
On the off chance that someone can point me in the right direction, I received these seeds from someone, he calls them Berkeley Dream, when I enquired about the genetics, he didn't really seem to know exactly. I grew a couple just the same, and have just harvested the plants. For anyone who has grown Blue Dream or any other strain that had Blue Dream in it, does this look like there's some of it's genetics in it? Not going to send off a sample to a Lab, just hoping to have a clearer idea of what I have. I can say that it is very sticky, extremely dank and haven't yet tried it as I have it drying.

View attachment 438676 View attachment 438675 View attachment 438673 View attachment 438674
That doesn't look like any Blue Dream I've ever seen, looks much fatter, and the buds on the BDs I've seen tend to "rope" around the stalk, not build up into little footballs. But, if this is an F2 or some such of a particular Blue Dream, that could explain why it looks so different.

Your Durban Poison and Nebula shots look more like Blue Dream to me. They're all looking wonderful! Did you get any of that snow?

B

barefoot

lookin' sweet Sassy........always appreciate one who works outdoors/organic.............

tended the Nebula seasons ago and had great results...............

all the best in a dry finish.................

ganj on................

S

Sassyfemme

That doesn't look like any Blue Dream I've ever seen, looks much fatter, and the buds on the BDs I've seen tend to "rope" around the stalk, not build up into little footballs. But, if this is an F2 or some such of a particular Blue Dream, that could explain why it looks so different.

Your Durban Poison and Nebula shots look more like Blue Dream to me. They're all looking wonderful! Did you get any of that snow?

Hi Seamaiden, :)

You're right, it doesn't have anything to do with Blue Dream or any cross involving Dream. It's definitely indica dominant. The person who named it that, when asked about what strains he crossed, could not recall, so it goes to making butter and such. The Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese is a local Quebec cross that seems quite stable ( I grew one of them last summer and it had the same structure and it's been cultivate for a few years by the breeder * Barefrog * ? ). The Nebula xJuan x Big is looking nice and I'm looking forward to testing it. :) No, no snow yet, that fell in Alberta, I'm in Quebec, but nights are getting cold, and in the past few days, even daytime temps are cool. Still have at least three weeks to go.

S

Sassyfemme

lookin' sweet Sassy........always appreciate one who works outdoors/organic.............

tended the Nebula seasons ago and had great results...............

all the best in a dry finish.................

ganj on................

Hi Barefoot, :)

The Nebula x Juan x Big cross is looking yummy, not very big but I'm sure it will make up for size in quality. This is the time when we tend to get a lot of rain, so dangers of PM and botrytis ... treating plants preventatively with milk/water solution.

S

Sassyfemme

This is a flower image of one of my 818 Headband plants, here's the thing, it's supposed to finish in about 8 weeks, now I noticed it begin to flower around mid-July, maybe even third week of July, so by my count, this would bring finishing time around end of September but maybe I'm wrong ... anyone able to help. I'm at 46º, somewhere in Quebec.
Sept13headband bud

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never gone by the descriptions, I go by my eyes. That plant looks like it has a few weeks to go yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom