Sassy's Sungrown 2017

• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sassyfemme

Got a question for anyone who may know the answer; last summer, my female plants were pollinated accidentally by a male out in our garden, so I have lots of seeds, and in one case, I would like to see if I can geminate some but to date, none have popped, what's going on, is it that the seeds are too young, not developed enough or is there some other reason ? :)

cannabeans

cannabeans

From my experience... If it takes more than a day for seeds to crack ( if they are not old seeds)
I would throw away and try again...

S

Sassyfemme

From my experience... If it takes more than a day for seeds to crack ( if they are not old seeds)
I would throw away and try again...

I will wait a couple more days before discarding them, just in case. :)

Toaster79

Toaster79

A couple of images of the seeds that I'm trying to crack, it's day 3. Deep Purple by JOTI x Girl Scout Cookies.

Those look fine to me. Try putting them in a fridge for a week or two and pop them then. If they didn't get the winter part of the life cycle they might not get triggered even if mature enough. After taking them out of the fridge they should show tails in 12-24 hours. If not, well they're no good. But some cold should defo help.

Last edited:
S

Sassyfemme

Those look fine to me. Try putting them in a fridge for a week or two and pop them then. If they didn't get the wimter part of the light cycle they might not get teiggered even if mature enough. After takimg them out of the fridge tjey should show tails in 12-24 hours. If not, well they're no good. But some cold should defo help.

Great idea, will give this s shot for sure. :)

Toaster79

Toaster79

After having a second look at those two pictures the majority does seem to be immature ecxept for those really dark ones. Does any of them have any stripes?

S

Sassyfemme

After having a second look at those two pictures the majority does seem to be immature ecxept for those really dark ones. Does any of them have any stripes?

No stripes, mostly a green colouring.

S

Sassyfemme

Update: been working on weeding out any males and getting rid of them, so far found a few. Been topping and fiming and making some clones to compensate for the ones lost after sexing. Thought I'd post a few images, in one image, leaves are yellowed and it was due to too close a proximity to a 600w HPS, that I have since moved further away and all seems to be getting back to how it should be. :)

DSCN3106
DSCN3110
DSCN3112
DSCN3115
DSCN3116
DSCN3123
S

Sassyfemme

Here is a small update of preparations for my garden, all plants are still indoors but will be planted in outdoor garden first week of June. The list of strains has grown;
Ace of Spades AK 47
Gods Blue Cheese ( JOTI )
Deep Purple ( JOTI )
Afgooey
UBC Chemo

Azad ( an Hash Plant strain the Kashmir region of Pakistan ) G13 x Cheese ( Gheese )
Deep Purple x AK47 ( Indigo 47 )
Kryptonite x Durban Poison
818 Headband ( Cali Connection )
Gods Candy x Bubba x Grape Kush
Moby Dick x Grape Kush
Kosher Kush
Pineapple Chunk
Red Dragon x Blueberry
Lowrider
White Russian
AK47 x NYCD
Lemon Kush x Grape Kush x Grape Ape

DSCN3381
DSCN3385
DSCN3388
DSCN3390
S

Sassyfemme

On another note, we will have a second garden area this season, had some holes dug and will supplement existing native soil with some locally made compost, perlite, bone and blood meal. The native soil up this way, I have learned, is very rich, consisting of sand and loam, rich in minerals and somewhat rocky ( was at one time, thousands of years ago, a costal area of a sea long disappeared ).

So, even though holes have been dug, I am keeping the soil, just mixing it in order to further loosen it up and add extra nutrients and hoping for a beautiful crop. Here are a couple of images of the new site.

DSCN3401
DSCN3402
jipp

jipp

On another note, we will have a second garden area this season, had some holes dug and will supplement existing native soil with some locally made compost, perlite, bone and blood meal. The native soil up this way, I have learned, is very rich, consisting of sand and loam, rich in minerals and somewhat rocky ( was at one time, thousands of years ago, a costal area of a sea long disappeared ).

So, even though holes have been dug, I am keeping the soil, just mixing it in order to further loosen it up and add extra nutrients and hoping for a beautiful crop. Here are a couple of images of the new site.
looks like a nice spot for some holes. laughs.. keep us updated.. i like out side grows.

chris.

Latest posts

Top Bottom