Sativa Dominant Genetics But Can Only Allow 36" When Finished.

• Thread starter burn1down2k
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn1down2k

burn1down2k

currently rocking indicas dominants and keeping them topped and using Low stress training to keep them at 3 feet. I really want to try some sativa dominant (blue dream or Sour Diesel) for the energetic high.
I have also packed in the indicas with 26 in a 4 x 8 table.

Could an sativa dominant like the blue dream fit into this method? I have always assumed sativias are too tall and the wrong plant for mysetup.

thoughts? Merci.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

currently rocking indicas dominants and keeping them topped and using Low stress training to keep them at 3 feet. I really want to try some sativa dominant (blue dream or Sour Diesel) for the energetic high.
I have also packed in the indicas with 26 in a 4 x 8 table.

Could an sativa dominant like the blue dream fit into this method? I have always assumed sativias are too tall and the wrong plant for mysetup.

thoughts? Merci.

Sounds like you want to Bonsai a Sativa.

Why not grow Indica/Ruderalis crosses?

Sativa are known for stretching,

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like you want to Bonsai a Sativa.

Why not grow Indica/Ruderalis crosses?

Sativa are known for stretching,
Why grow Ruderalis?
You can train a Sativa to grow outward I grew blue dream for ever it doesn't stretch that bad just train properly and flip when smaller to compensate for the stretch

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Why grow Ruderalis?
You can train a Sativa to grow outward I grew blue dream for ever it doesn't stretch that bad just train properly and flip when smaller to compensate for the stretch

Ruderalis has three things going for it.

1. Smaller size
2. Higher CBD which I need
3.auto flower.

Best thing i ever found for my Crohns was Northern Lights. A Ruderalis/Indica cross.

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

thanks for the feedback. i'm looking for the high energy high of a sativa. it sounds like if done properly blue dream might be what i am looking for inside. Northern Lights does interest me. I will read up on Ruderalis.

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

Why grow Ruderalis?
did you find the blue dream was fine packed in nice and tight together, or does it need a bit more space? Looking to keep my 26 plants on a 4 x 8 table going.

Limonene

Limonene

Blueberry hash plant by bodhi seeds might be a good strain for you. Blue dream x g13hashplant.

Ive ran it twice myself, very nice and extremely frosty, some phenos have a full on blueberry twang, a fast finisher too and super dense. Minimal stretch when flipped.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can do it! I love my Satties and so they're what I grow, indoors or out and lines like the Sour D do great indoors using this method IMO.

Best way is to go sea of green style, let them veg til they're no more than 12"-15" tall (if you let 'em get to 18" you're going to have to supercrop). 1-2gal pots are what I like best. If you're limited in plant counts and are going for larger pots, you're going to have to spread them out like gravekat mentioned.

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

You can do it! I love my Satties and so they're what I grow, indoors or out and lines like the Sour D do great indoors using this method IMO.

Best way is to go sea of green style, let them veg til they're no more than 12"-15" tall (if you let 'em get to 18" you're going to have to supercrop). 1-2gal pots are what I like best. If you're limited in plant counts and are going for larger pots, you're going to have to spread them out like gravekat mentioned.

thanks for the note. As far as sativias go, is your favorite sour d? i have never tried a quality sativa dominant besides jack herer... As per the previous recommendation (Blue dream x g13hashplant.) i have been looking at sativa dominant but with the indica influence to keep em shorter. Possibly Cinderella99 (Herer x Shiva Skunk).

Unfortunately there is no dispensaries where i live, so i am going to grow something out without trying it.

I want it all, strong taste, tons of crystal, good yeild, sativia high but shorter plants.

Any strain recommendations are appreciated.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
C99 would be a good fast flower. Blue dream . some phenos of sin city's original line which are blue power(squat power hitting indica) and other clone only

BudBogart

BudBogart

I started training our blue dream early through cages. Then I super cropped the heck out of it keeping it, like all my other strains at six foot (8 foot wide),
Still, once I stopped the super cropping when they started flowering they quickly stretched to over 8 feet. I am no expert by far, but blue dream would be about the last plant I would try and contain, on par with Bubba Kush. Also the blue dream are taking forever to finish.
Loud dream is taking 2 blue dreams crossed together, yet all of my loud dream is smaller, shorter more compact than the blue dream, yet still produces well. Enjoy the sativa, only way to go!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As far as sativias go, is your favorite sour d? i have never tried a quality sativa dominant besides jack herer
Actually, if I could get the Jack that would probably be my favorite. I don't have one favorite, it's like asking my my favorite color. My answer is ALL OF THEM! Sour D is a good one, the Blue Dream is also very good but she definitely comes with a caveat--take her to FULL ripeness.

I've also done a couple of C99 crosses, they're to be respected as well and they're fun to grow, tend to be hardy and easy keepers.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Actually, if I could get the Jack that would probably be my favorite. I don't have one favorite, it's like asking my my favorite color. My answer is ALL OF THEM! Sour D is a good one, the Blue Dream is also very good but she definitely comes with a caveat--take her to FULL ripeness.

I've also done a couple of C99 crosses, they're to be respected as well and they're fun to grow, tend to be hardy and easy keepers.
Your caveat to let her go to full ripeness couldn't have come at a better time. I am trying to decide what to do about four days of modest rain starting Friday. Thanks, it'll help my decisions.

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

i think im gonna give the cinderella-99 a try (55 days finish). it sounds almost to good to be true. Blue dream x g13hashplant was too hard to find seeds. G13 Haze sounded good but the 80 day flower time was a little daunting. Gonna rock another 55 day strain beside her ..a Indica (Norther Lights x BlueBerry).. thanks for the replies.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oooo! I wanna try that NL x Blueberry cross!

<No try, DO!><she admonishes herself>

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

Oooo! I wanna try that NL x Blueberry cross!

<No try, DO!><she admonishes herself>
me too, just about to harvest, so i got my babies lined up for the next run already (lsd and holy grail kush) but i will be rocking these strains in march.

Top Bottom