Sativa strain recommendations for 2x2x4 grow tent.

• Thread starter munchie725
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

munchie725

Me and m,y brother have a shared grow in his bigger tent but from where he paid for everything he gets to pick the strain and prefers indicas. I have my own tent I'm wanting to start a person grow for some sativa but my tent is only 2x2x4 and from what I'm reading most sativas like to grow tall.

figolus

figolus

I'm settling in, I have the same problem as you, my tent is 80x80x160cm and I'm going to do sativa. g13/haze, super silver haze and mexican sativa.

I was thinking of going with 3 x 7l smartpots or more

and your choice:

1 week of growth and flip in 12/12

2/ make an apex cut and a lst

3/ a mainlining

basically I don't know what's the best. so I'm going to see what the farmers think about you 👍

DontStopBelievn

DontStopBelievn

"Sativa" dominant strains do tend to have a longer internodal stretch, but there are ways you can cheat this. ScrOG is a tried and true method, where you crop the plant, then bend its branches under a 1" to 2" mesh, trim it to make a bunch of smaller colas rather than a main central cola. Another way, much easier to implement, is the classic method of FIM or cropping. FIM is similar to cropping, but you try to clip the top of a chute to encourage multiple branches emerge to act as multiple colas. LST by pinching stems and tying them down is similar to ScrOG, in concept, inducing the side branches to produce a bunch of colas, but it doesn't involve the complexity of a screen.

As far as strains, a classic is Lemon Haze or really any kind of haze. Same goes for Lambsbread strains.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Maybe don't veg them to long would help. And like above, bend them like Beckham.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
How many weeks are you thinking of? If we make a scrog... It takes a veg time.
I'm thinking 4 to 5 weeks minimum, but I've seen plants grow really fast... maybe a foot tall would be a good guide. I've yet to grow a pure sativa and word is they stretch for 4 to 5 weeks after the flip. My last (sativa dominant) grow stretched about two feet in just 3 weeks. Topping the plant would slow it down too. I saw it mentioned to just start the 12/12 lighting from the get go (with a pure sativa). Worst case scenario would be cutting the thing in half if you missed timed the flip (which I've done). Still got some nice flower from them. I'd do a Sativa dominant hybrid in a 4x2. Super Silver Haze, Blue Dream, Pineapple Express, Strawberry Cough, Jack Herer, Amnesia HAze, Durban Poison, are some popular ones to choose from.

Last edited:
figolus

figolus

Thank you for the answers, it's nice of you. I don't know why but I feel like I'm going to give a shit about my mexican 🤣🤣🤣 sativa... But hey, at least I'm going to learn how to grow sativa in a small box.

Thanks you @Week4Bytch and @DontStopBelievn 👍👍👍

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Thank you for the answers, it's nice of you. I don't know why but I feel like I'm going to give a shit about my mexican 🤣🤣🤣 sativa... But hey, at least I'm going to learn how to grow sativa in a small box.

Thanks you @Week4Bytch and @DontStopBelievn 👍👍👍
Keep us posted please. You got this.

figolus

figolus

Keep us posted please. You got this.
No problem, I'll make a grow diarie. I'm finishing my current session 12/12 from seed and I'm embarking on the sativa adventure, at the choice Mexican sativa or super silver haze or g13 Haze ,I already have the seeds, I'm thinking of using 7l Smartpots

Latest posts

Top Bottom