Saving Cost On Lighting

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I was wondering if it's possible to run lower wattage during veg than in flower?

My lights cost me a pretty penny so this is where the biggest savings could possibly be found.

My lights don't get extremely hot so if run at a lower wattage they could be placed very closely.

If it's going to come down to lower quality or more grow time than it doesn't make sense. I'm really just wondering if in a single grow room if you can run lower wattage while in veg compared to the same plants during flowering?

G gnome

G gnome

I was wondering if it's possible to run lower wattage during veg than in flower?

My lights cost me a pretty penny so this is where the biggest savings could possibly be found.

My lights don't get extremely hot so if run at a lower wattage they could be placed very closely.

If it's going to come down to lower quality or more grow time than it doesn't make sense. I'm really just wondering if in a single grow room if you can run lower wattage while in veg compared to the same plants during flowering?
I wud say yes absolutely. Generally plants r alot shorter and smaller in veg than in flower. I use 630w to veg plants that will ultimately be under 2k

S

Shawnery

Thanks for the opinion which I'm sure is based on experience and research.

S

Shawnery

Common sense is a byproduct of experience and research(education).

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Going from t5 for seedling- dimmed 600w from 50%/75 %to pre teen- 600w for rest of veg- 1000w for one week to 10 days before flip to flower. Running lower watts for veg is how everyone I know does it. Why would anyone have more watts in their veg room in lighting then in their flower room?

S

Shawnery

I run one room and was simply unaware of the light needs of a veg vs. a flower.

So I have one room with 4 lights and a total of around 1500 watts but equal to 600w hps each. That's real light meter numbers not some crazy led equivalent math equation.

I'm installing dimmers on them before the next grow. What percentages do you think I should run for new clones/early veg then in mid to lat veg. Obviously running full power in the flowering stage.

Thanks and yes I know I still have tons to learn which is obvious considering the post.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

like the G said yes is the answer. I use approx. 600 + watts of t5 HO for smaller veg runs. Keeps them bushier and short node distance. Set them up real swell for flowering under flowering lights.

S

Shawnery

Run each one at 150w for a total of 600w?

Thanks for the replies!

Latest posts

Top Bottom