"saving electricity"

• Thread starter sizzahash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sizzahash

...I read this somewhere and they use the 12+1 and save MONEY!!! they say 2, set your timers on your next veg @ 12 hrs on 5 1/2 off 1 hr on 5 1/2 off and repeat.

They said the 1 hr in the middle of the sleep, fools the plants and keeps them vegging. .. The 12+1 gives them the rest they need, the growth you want and the lower electric bill... and 4 bloom.. 11 ON and 13 off for bloom. they cut the light an hr a week for the last 3 weeks and the last day or two, no light at all. they said This really pulls out the essential oils and all the fragrance and makes it danker.is this true or do plants need 18/6....:420:

B

Boots Sugarleaf

18 at least for veg if you want good production, but flowering with 11 hours will work fine....and maybe the last 2 days of dark does something to stress more oils out

S

saltr

12 hrs on 5 1/2 off 1 hr on 5 1/2 off and repeat

is this the ben franklin sleep schedule for plants? someone told me about this a while back, thinking that the hour of light inserted within the dark cycle would "give extra energy to the plant." This was posited by the same individual who recommended 12/6 flower cycles (18-hour days) to decrease flowering time; sounds like commercial-grow logic to me. i'll be sticking to 18/6 veg and 24-hour flowering days.

R

Rolln J

when I was in amsterdam in 93 folks were talking about running 12 hour days - 8/4 for veg and 6/6 for bloom thinking they could cut the amount of real days to harvest in half - wonder how that is working out for them...

M

mrdizzle

you could veg with 12hrs, then have a 125w come on of the other 6hrs. this would keep your bills down. I heard that plants only photosynthesis about 8hrs of light a day anyways; don’t know how true that is thou

J

jockbo

unless you are growing commercial with 10k plus in wattage, the savings arent worth the risk, i have tried many ways, and its just not worth thinking about

quit spending your harvest money on the newest fad supplements and just pay the electric bill

Well said.
Whatever you pay in electricity is going to be a fraction of retail price. bargain!

M

mrdizzle

droppin 2gs a month for power, no matter what fraction, isnt as fun as your making it out to be

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

If u guys want to save money just run ur lights about 13 1/2 to 14 hr a day straight thats all they need to keep them in veg, the longest day of the yr of sun light is just under 16 hr, I keep my moms/clons on 16/8,.........GM

M

mrdizzle

yea the more you use the more it cost, its all about % over baseline

J

Janus

Light = yield

If you turn the lights off there is no photosynthesis.

As far as shortening the flowering cycle by reducing the daylight hours, I don't know.

In the end, if the logic too complex:

Light = photosynthesis = yield

Top Bottom