Saw Blades WTF?

• Thread starter Rubijon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rubijon

Having a issue. I am running OG kush with Canna nutes. PPM level is 800 the hottest it gets in there is 77 and humidity levels are about 45 to 50%. They are under T5 lights 20 hrs a day.

Can anyone help with why my leaves look like saw blades? Any info is appreciated.

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2011-08-24_17-36-49_485.jpg

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2011-08-24_17-36-57_38.jpg

http://i777.invalid.com/albums/yy55/Rubijon_Graham/2011-08-24_17-37-17_836.jpg

R

Rubijon

It started off as one or two leaves on a plant but is quickly getting worse.

B

Budshoteyes

First time I have ever seen that! I'd post in the sick plant forum too!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

What the Hell... That's very fuckin Wierd.. That's the craziest plant ever.. I've never ever seen anything like that.. I hope is makes the craziest bombast buds ever good luck.. Sorry I wasn't any help

audius

audius

kinda surprized seamaiden hasnt chimed in on this. that girl knows about everything when it comes to weed.

blazer

blazer

If seen some do.something like that with super high humidity the leaves were huge!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have no idea. It looks like a phenotypic expression, but if it's only just being grown into then....?

Almost doesn't look like weed, ya know? Wish I had an answer, could help. How's it looking otherwise? If it's growing as it should be otherwise, I'd ride with it, see what happens.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, too. I think it looks very cool. But, I also think that cannabis would make a fantastic landscaping plant, especially after a fellow I know online showed a photo of some plants growing poolside at his new ocean-front home in South Africa. The workers toked every day he said, and would throw the seeds and such to the side. They looked gorgeous!

R

Rubijon

I have the mama for these I clone them and have ran this strain a few times now and have never had this happen to any of them.
Im stumped!

S

Sea Of Green

I believe that's a bit more than phenotypical. It's much more likely a mutant.
Often, the term "phenotype" is incorrectly used as a shorthand to indicate phenotypical changes observed in mutated organisms...
I've been around awile and I've never seen a plant do that. But that's only the second strangest mutant I've ever seen though.

Australian Bastard Cannabis(ABC) most definitely wins first prize in that category.
1651-8-554-Mvc-009f.jpg

1651-8-732-Mvc-014f.jpg

1651-8-422-Mvc-009f.jpg

1651-8-569-01150013.jpg

1651-8-7-ABCprofile.jpg

1651-8-6-ABCtop.jpg

4292-abc_leaves.jpg

4292-ABC_1.jpg

Click here for the Cannabis Culture article on the discovery of Australian Bastard Cannabis.

Click here for the update article five years later.

R

Rubijon

So if they are mutant should I yank them? Also does this mean that when I clone more off of Mama they will do the same?

S

Sea Of Green

In biology and especially genetics, a mutant is an individual, organism, or new genetic character, arising or resulting from an instance of mutation, which is a base-pair sequence change within the DNA of a gene or chromosome of an organism resulting in the creation of a new character or trait not found in the wild type.
Oh no, don't yank them! That type of thing is probably EXTREMELY rare. I would love to experiment with them. By all means do clone some of them, and/or keep cloning their mutant mother. And, if they do keep turning out the same as the mother, try to maintain this mutation for investigative purposes for as long as possible. It technically wouldn't be OG kush anymore, it would no longer be of that strain's genetic line. It would be a new strain, so you'd need to give it a new name too.

C

CaptainObvious

my only thought is that it could be a somatic mutation that occurred when the seedling was very young. anything else would require seeds, and I very much doubt it's due to some sort of environmental exposure like the nutrients or something. I've had a few odd mutants over the years with breeding experiments, but nothing like that! Keep her!

I

ibTheMan

I believe that's a bit more than phenotypical. It's much more likely a mutant.

I've been around awile and I've never seen a plant do that. But that's only the second strangest mutant I've ever seen though.

Australian Bastard Cannabis(ABC) most definitely wins first prize in that category.
1651-8-554-Mvc-009f.jpg

1651-8-732-Mvc-014f.jpg

1651-8-422-Mvc-009f.jpg

1651-8-569-01150013.jpg

1651-8-7-ABCprofile.jpg

1651-8-6-ABCtop.jpg

4292-abc_leaves.jpg

4292-ABC_1.jpg

Click here for the Cannabis Culture article on the discovery of Australian Bastard Cannabis.

Click here for the update article five years later.

Broski, i dont know what your smoken, but that aint weed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There was a member of a private forum I belong to who's in Oz. He said he'd been working on what was basically a disguised weed plant. I can't remember his nick, but he always signed off with 'have a good one' or something like that. He didn't put up a whole lot of pix of his grows, but those he did were mindblowers. It didn't look like weed at all.

That's pretty wild, but I see no reason why it can't be done as long as the mutated genetics are preserved.

nuttso

nuttso

I have the mama for these I clone them and have ran this strain a few times now and have never had this happen to any of them.
Im stumped!

ok now this is gettin strange. put one clone in soil and look what will happen. I'm no scientist, but if the mama looks good i doubt it is something in the genetics. Seems like your conditions are good. 800ppm @0.7 ?

Top Bottom