Say it isn’t mold..

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

Picked up a batch of clones the other day and we’ll idk if i caused some mold to grow (it was it was hot as hell yesterday) or.. these clones that should be mold free might have came with the mold. out of twenty of these only this one has showed any sign.

could it be that i happened to simultaneously let these dry out way too much in this heat?? cause when i got home today this one along with like 6 others were wilted pretty good.

Say it isnt mold

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Indeed PM, hit it with sulfur, 1tsp/gallon of water, light mist, also helps get the ph in check. Don’t hit it with any oil based stuff for at least 3 weeks if u use micronized sulfur

bankcee

bankcee

so these were around my other clones, what should i start treating those. i was already spraying them nightly alternating plant therapy, spinosad, and neem oil. is there anything else i should do or stop doing?

bankcee

bankcee

Indeed PM, hit it with sulfur, 1tsp/gallon of water, light mist, also helps get the ph in check. Don’t hit it with any oil based stuff for at least 3 weeks if u use micronized sulfur
and when you say a sulfur? like a sulfur burner method? unfortunately, these clones are in a small clone tent is there a form of sulfur i can spray?

bankcee

bankcee

Yea spray, it’s called micronized sulfur, it’s only a few bucks mist all big box stores carry them, and spray with a good clean spray bottle, 1tsp to a gallon dilution , and just needs a spritz light off
so barely cover the plant or just spot spray? what about prevention on the rest of my try of clones?

bankcee

bankcee

Yea spray, it’s called micronized sulfur, it’s only a few bucks mist all big box stores carry them, and spray with a good clean spray bottle, 1tsp to a gallon dilution , and just needs a spritz light off
plus i have my lights going on at 2 am and off at 8pm should i wait til then to spray or kill lights temporarily to spray real quick? if so how long should i leave light off after i spray?

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Tell your seller. He might replace it. At the very least you'll give him a heads up so he can look out for it.

After you treat it, try to water without wetting the leaves and keep a little fan going. If it's PM, it will will spread if the leaves are wet. I find USB fans are perfect. It almost looks like botrytis.

In any case, I'd definitely isolate that plant. Get it out of the same room as the others. If the sulfur doesn't fix it, you might have to top it and hope it's old enough to regenerate.

bankcee

bankcee

thabk
Tell your seller. He might replace it. At the very least you'll give him a heads up so he can look out for it.

After you treat it, try to water without wetting the leaves and keep a little fan going. If it's PM, it will will spread if the leaves are wet. I find USB fans are perfect. It almost looks like botrytis.

In any case, I'd definitely isolate that plant. Get it out of the same room as the others. If the sulfur doesn't fix it, you might have to top it and hope it's old enough to regenerate.
thanks man for the input. i can completely dump the plant in the picture. haven’t noticed any mold on the others so my biggest desire is to treat the others to prevent it from taking over the rest of my plants..

bankcee

bankcee

got in contact with the company i purchased from, they said it was build up from sulfur that they used to spray plants as a preventative.. that he’s almost positive that what i posted here isn’t mold. anyone else believe this statement?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I’d say have him replace the one or 2 bad ones, still hit em with sulfur as a preventative.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I would be in contact. They probably don't know about it. (Let's hope). They should compensate or replace them for ya imo.

bankcee

bankcee

I’d say have him replace the one or 2 bad ones, still hit em with sulfur as a preventative.
you mentioned something about avoiding oil based products for a few weeks.. i sprayed neem the day before they wilted but i always use neem in my rotation at the same rate same time 10 minutes before lights out. should i wait to use the sulfur?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
you mentioned something about avoiding oil based products for a few weeks.. i sprayed neem the day before they wilted but i always use neem in my rotation at the same rate same time 10 minutes before lights out. should i wait to use the sulfur?
Yea never mix oil with sulfur in fact the fact that the clone supplier stated they had hit it with sulfur prior to sale and u hit it with neem maybe the reason for the wilt. So I’d say “wash” your clones off with soapy water ,”dawn “ soap 2-5 drops to a spray bottle of water and just give em a good rinse to remove all oils, may repeat that in a few day and go low light for about 2 weeks, increase the light distance from canopy and this should stop the wilt and burn.
it’s very important that details like what you spray that helps in the diagnosis. Also always ask the supplier if the plants for pertinent info like what they may have treated it with prior to purchase , help you not spin yr tail when issues do happen. But indeed the oil mixed with the sulfur and caused the burn. Phytotoxicity occurs with light interacting with the sulfur causing an acidic reaction that burns the leaves

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Agree sulphur is the ticket, but check dosage rates. I have 92% micronized sulphur and I use it at 1Tbsp per liter according to the label directions. You cant really overdo it with powdered sulphur sprays. At least I've absolutely caked plants with it before with no negative effect.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Yea never mix oil with sulfur in fact the fact that the clone supplier stated they had hit it with sulfur prior to sale and u hit it with neem maybe the reason for the wilt. So I’d say “wash” your clones off with soapy water ,”dawn “ soap 2-5 drops to a spray bottle of water and just give em a good rinse to remove all oils, may repeat that in a few day and go low light for about 2 weeks, increase the light distance from canopy and this should stop the wilt and burn.
it’s very important that details like what you spray that helps in the diagnosis. Also always ask the supplier if the plants for pertinent info like what they may have treated it with prior to purchase , help you not spin yr tail when issues do happen. But indeed the oil mixed with the sulfur and caused the burn. Phytotoxicity occurs with light interacting with the sulfur causing an acidic reaction that burns the leaves
***Castile Soap...

Top Bottom