Saying goodbye to Cali. Any tip on growing in Oregon?

• Thread starter MendoCruz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Howdy......1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Oregon
2) (bottom of page)

CAREGIVERS: Oregon's medical marijuana law allows for designated primary Caregivers and defines them as "the person that has significant responsibility for managing the well-being of a person who has been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition." The primary Caregiver is not the patient’s physician and must be at least 18 years old. The medical marijuana Patient can have only one (1) primary Caregiver. The following is Oregon's statute regarding medical marijuana Caregivers: Or. Rev. Stat. §§475.302(5); 475.312(2) (2007).

Places to start when relocating to Oregon, and you can pay taxes on Cannabis thru the IRS. You will get a tax stamp
and good luck! Very pricey for one gram back in the 90's, so imagine the cost now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marihuana_Tax_Act_of_1937

Food for thought......Come stay awhile keep your grows small for 1 year. 13th month inquire bill about averaging and then bump up your crop.:) For you old timers here something to consider.;)

I do lots of research and don't believe everything I find, so I research more (had a internet
research biz back in the wild west days of the internet)

frebo

frebo

Growing in S. Oregon and northern Cali is nice because of the weather but is also the cheapest place in the WORLD to buy marijuana. Black market prices have dropped to $800-$1000 an lb. and the dispensaries would be paying $1600 an lb. if ANY city or county would allow a dispensary. The northern part of Oregon is a lot more liberal than Jackson and Josephine counties but the weather isn't so nice too early in the fall.
Things should be interesting about ballot time in November when Oregon and several other states legalize recreational use.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Howdy....Forgot about that one...thanks Medusa
So@indicabush how are they stacking cards if a caregiver can only have one My friend owns disp says that's how there running around 40 patients in one location. I know address is same.

indicabush

indicabush

So@indicabush how are they stacking cards if a caregiver can only have one My friend owns disp says that's how there running around 40 patients in one location. I know address is same.
Medusa....I'm not understanding the question. Are we talking about the primary caregiver (1) or the dispensary?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Medusa....I'm not understanding the question. Are we talking about the primary caregiver (1) or the dispensary?
primary...nothing to do with disp...on a farm running caregivers on cards

indicabush

indicabush

primary...nothing to do with disp...on a farm running caregivers on cards
Farm...caregivers...cards...:confused: Oh boy, very curious, loophole somewhere I would imagine...good fortune for
someone.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

I think you misunderstood, a patient can have only 1 caregiver but you can be a caregiver for more then 1 patient. I've never heard of the farm utility discount, what is this?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Farm utility discounts are great basically if you grow in a separate building (a shop/Barn) you can claim it as a farm utility and get discounted rates I believe you must also have its own breaker box they will put in a separate counter outside it moves slower or they prorate the price not sure exactly how it works but saved me thousands

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Just so there is no confusion about this you must claim it as a shop and say you are using large equipment like car lifts and air compressors all the time not " ITS AN INDOOR GARDEN" lol hope this helps anyone reading about getting bills down

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I guess also I should give you my five cents on growing in Oregon........... RULE #1 What ever you do don't partner up with anyone (this means two gardeners owning one garden) This can only lead to trouble in a very short amount of time. RULE #2 be ready for the entourage of people wanting large amounts for letting you grow with their card ( 50%-70%) of all six is what a lot of them expect. RULE # 3 Pertaining back to rule number one and two Be absolutely sure if you do get another persons card that you investigate this person fully or make sure it is a close family member or friend you can trust RULE #4 This one is important so hear me out Your home is like a bank safe now that you are in Oregon no one I repeat NO ONE that is not directly involved in your personal life as a close friend or family is allowed in people these days get those green eyes and will sometimes do anything to hurt you and your family to get what you have and in my opinion that should come first protection of home and family RULE#5 do not consent to searches of any kind without a warrant or identify yourself as a medical grower without probable cause (such as caught in the act of consumption)

now mind you these are my own personal rules and guide lines that I choose to live by after moving to Oregon and seeing how things work I am a hoopa native who live and was raised in the triangle so this was all new and strange to me never did I think the ommp community could be so different but its not an open deal in this state that everyone has come to accept and allow in small towns even tho im sure there are some triangle comunitys they are rare in my experience so take it with a joint and remember im just very precautious these days as there have been enough greedy people or just plain nosy neighbors who are not good to people like us out of fear greed and envy

frebo

frebo

It is rediculous in S. Oregon(Jackson and Josephine counties).
The religious RIGHT is fighting the opening of OMMP dispensaries in the cities and the counties. Up north all the cities are more liberal and have allowed them as approved by state law. We are circulating petitions to try to offset the whole church congregation showing up for the city council meetings. Please find a petition and show up at your city council meetings if you live here.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Wow I am surprised at what I am reading. I lived all over Oregon from 94-2009 and never had a single issue there,.... In Eugene , Ashland and Bend the cops were super mellow about medical growers and in Ashland and Eugene they seemed to be mellow about all growers unless you were causing problems. I agree with the prices... the best of the best is going for about 1800-2600 pound there... You can get AAA+++ for about 150-175 ounce no problem. and much cheaper if you know people. I hope to get back that way one day.. I just love the mtns and the ocean... Oregon takes the cake for me on places I have lived... fricking love that place.

Oh Ya don't get it wrong its still a super place to live and grow the millenials will win it has just become such an issue with us being in between Washington and California. Things have changed a bit here Eugene is still a lot cooler than most places but not the best place to grow. Right now with all the trafficking from one state to another in attempt from cali kids going to Washington and Washington kids headed to cali thinking it is easier to sell there at the time and everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side if you get my pun. with all the debate going on around the community right now it just seems a lil less quiet as it used to be but could change very soon my town did put a law/moratorium in to prohibit them for a year but it was a mutual agreement from the ney sayers and the yes voters in our area we want to wait for Washington to stabilize its taxation and sales system so we have something that is proven to work to base our system off of

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom