Scammers preying on new growers

• Thread starter Lockebox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

I've only got like 200 followers on instagram, what a f****** douche lol. I believe I will keep my $86, has this ever happened to y'all?
Scammers preying on new growers 2
Scammers preying on new growers

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You never know tho bc companies give out lights like crazy. Spider farmer sent me lights and I didn’t have a big following. They just want the marketing and then I keep the light after the grow journal. However they never asked for shipping charges they just send it no questions asked. Besides when the grow journal is starting lol.

Lockebox

Lockebox

You never know tho bc companies give out lights like crazy. Spider farmer sent me lights and I didn’t have a big following. They just want the marketing and then I keep the light after the grow journal. However they never asked for shipping charges they just send it no questions asked. Besides when the grow journal is starting lol.
I was really hoping it would be something like that but I've heard about a bunch of these scams going on where they charge you shipping and then you never get anything. Something I was told and I'm going to stand by is never accept a sponsorship that asks you to pay anything. I'm too broke to get scammed man 🤣
Screenshot 20220908 045637
Screenshot 20220908 045649

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When some anonymous clown tells you he can't mess up this relationship we tryna build, you just have to stuff some random quantity of money in an envelope and send it somewhere. Anywhere. 🤣

Anthem

Anthem

LMAO I know right! What got me is 'we are going to direct you how to make payment fast easy' the hell you are haha get outta here dude
That sounds like the scammers out of India. There is a guy on You Tube who goes after them. He has a voice box so he sounds like an old lady. When they try to steal his identity thru logging into his PC he goes to work on them and deletes everything on their PC. Guys name is Perogy or something.

Lockebox

Lockebox

I pity the fool that tries to put one over on us. There never was a sponsorship -- just pay us $$$. If organizations approach you and want to send you their gear, let them pay the freight, or Fughetaboutit.
Dang right that's what I've always thought. Y'all can send me gear all day if it's for free 🤣

Blastfact

Blastfact

The scammers are everywhere. Some can even be local to you. Real fun to catch them local or phone/marketing boiler rooms for we see your car warranty and those types of morons. It's worth a night in jail to do them in if you even get arrested. Nobody likes them including cops, da's and judges in my part of the world. The scammers are the woese they have ever been the last two years or so because of the issues the world has been facing. So keep buying all that china junk you can get your hands on.... Scammers have been hitting everybody. Car/truck/motorcycle parts, reloading componets like primers, powder, bullets, brass and hardware, folks that grow, Rx you name it. They are now hitting folks that buy a lot of there food online and have it shipped to them and scammers that act like loan sharks. People who haven't done things right are now even taking out short term loans to buy food and fuel.

F

figgie

sponsorship's always include the shipping (at least in the automotive, electronics, computer world). That is why depending on some products, nearly impossible to get sponsored and on others, much easier.

The biggest items for legit sponsorships are CONTRACTS! Yes sponsorships are a binding contracts for you and the company.
This requires the "sponsoree" to showcase a product at certain events, online etc, speak on the products merits (and if a company is good, they even want to know the bad) in exchange the "sponsor" supplies the product/s to the sponsoree at no cost or a significantly reduced cost.

Out of that sponsorship agreement, the sponsor might/will expect MEASURABLE results based on key performance metric, ie, sponsoree did a local fair and gave a code to use on the sponsor's site for x% off (it is how they can track if the sponsorship can persist or not).

If there is no contract, MORE than likely it is not legitamate. A DM/IM is not a contract...lol

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
sponsorship's always include the shipping (at least in the automotive, electronics, computer world). That is why depending on some products, nearly impossible to get sponsored and on others, much easier.

The biggest items for legit sponsorships are CONTRACTS! Yes sponsorships are a binding contracts for you and the company.
This requires the "sponsoree" to showcase a product at certain events, online etc, speak on the products merits (and if a company is good, they even want to know the bad) in exchange the "sponsor" supplies the product/s to the sponsoree at no cost or a significantly reduced cost.

Out of that sponsorship agreement, the sponsor might/will expect MEASURABLE results based on key performance metric, ie, sponsoree did a local fair and gave a code to use on the sponsor's site for x% off (it is how they can track if the sponsorship can persist or not).

If there is no contract, MORE than likely it is not legitamate. A DM/IM is not a contract...lol
Not with Spiderfarmer, They asked me if they could sponsor me a light, I said Okay, Whats the catch....just do a grow journal.....okay...they've sent me lights & tent...no contract, I post here anyways...I could always just say thanks I'm done and stop posting if I wanted to. Its not like they'd come after me for the equipment.......Not all offers are scams but f you gotta send money up front then that's a hard NO!

josefrahl

josefrahl

I love screwing with scammers. Nothing like ruining there day or week.
Yeah, when I used to have a phone I'd mess with them. Always claiming they're giving you stuff free, but need your CC number for shipping. I would keep them on the phone for a couple hours while doing something else. Keep asking questions, telling them how great everything sounded, then saying it sounds like a scam. They get all defensive trying to convince you it's not. Then go through the whole question/great deal/scam line again. You can go through the process a few times before they'll get really pushy and irritated. Finally 'no thank you' at the very end. Lol.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Not with Spiderfarmer, They asked me if they could sponsor me a light, I said Okay, Whats the catch....just do a grow journal.....okay...they've sent me lights & tent...no contract, I post here anyways...I could always just say thanks I'm done and stop posting if I wanted to. Its not like they'd come after me for the equipment.......Not all offers are scams but f you gotta send money up front then that's a hard NO!
Man that sounds like a dream LOL maybe one day

D

dean1963

i have a home phone that never rings except from scammers, everyone that needs to phone any of us has out cell numbers.
anytime it rings i answer and tell them hang on and i'll get whatever info they want, then put them on hold and go about my day.
costs me nothing and keeps those pricks from not scamming anyone else for however long they stay on the line before hanging up.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i have a home phone that never rings except from scammers, everyone that needs to phone any of us has out cell numbers.
anytime it rings i answer and tell them hang on and i'll get whatever info they want, then put them on hold and go about my day.
costs me nothing and keeps those pricks from not scamming anyone else for however long they stay on the line before hanging up.
Ya we are the same here, most calls are scammers so we don't answer unless we recognize the phone number. If its some one we know they'll leave a message if we don't pick up. Scammers don't do that.

Top Bottom