• DEA
  • GOVERNMENT
  • LEGALIZATION
  • POLICE
  • POLITICS
  • USA
  • WASHINGTON
Screen%20Shot%202014-01-17%20at%204.51.12%20AM-530x347.png
CANNABIS CULTURE - Drug Enforcement Administration Chief of Operations James L. Capra is afraid of marijuana legalization – terrified, in fact.

"Going down the path to legalization in this country is reckless and irresponsible," Capra dramatically told U.S. Senators Wednesday at a hearing on drugs when asked about the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington. "It scares us. The treatment people are afraid, the education people are afraid, law-enforcement is worried what is going to happen."

Capra's theatrical performance seemed about as sincere as an 8-year-old describing the boogie-monster under his bed that ate his homework, but I actually believe him. I think he's telling the truth.

He and the other Prohibition Profiteers are scared shitless. They are afraid of losing their jobs.

They're afraid to give up that source of endless income, the blood-soaked money generator called the Drug War that keeps prisons filled and provides ever-expanding budgets to police departments across America.

If marijuana and other drugs were legalized, there wouldn't be much of a need for a Drug Enforcement Administration.

Though he may truly be afraid of marijuana legalization, Capra's comments were laced with emotional rhetoric, deceit, and outright lies.

"In every part of the world where this experiment has been tried, it has failed, time and time again," Capra told the Senators while waving his arms frantically through gasps and feigned incredulity.

Though there are few examples of countries actually legalizing recreational marijuana for sale in stores, marijuana use rates in the Netherlands are shown to be much lower than in the United States. This exhaustive Cato Institute white paper study by Glenn Greenwald on drug decriminalization in Portugal also proves Capra wrong.

You bet Capra, his DEA goons, and the rest of the Prohibitionists are scared.

Scared to lose the cash crop called the Drug War.

• SEND BY EMAIL
  • PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION
  • ADD NEW COMMENT

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
....but, what about the children? lol
We're nukin' 'em at Fukushima and San Onofre. Nuke the kids!

God! He feels so strongly about it! Eek! I think he's got a chance in Hollywood.

GAH FEINSTEIN!!!!! Why ARE WE KEEPING HER AND BOXER??????????????????

Oh my God, gotta let the anger and frustration about this one go, but... damn it, it's hard.

Last edited:
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
BLA BLA BLALALAL I just don't know what we are going to do for income after MJ becomes Legal, the 80 year old fuck is crying b/c he wants the Fed to enforce the Law, JUST REMEMBER ALL YOU OLD FUCKERS IN WASHINGTON YOUR GOING TO DIE OFF AND THE NEW GEN IS OVER THIS B/S...:finger:

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

JUST REMEMBER ALL YOU OLD FUCKERS IN WASHINGTON YOUR GOING TO DIE OFF AND THE NEW GEN IS OVER THIS B/S...:finger:
No disrespect, but if you believe that the legalization issue is divided along "age", you're mistaken. I know of more than a few "young'uns" that feel cannabis should remain a Schedule 1 drug.

ZONER

ZONER

Scare Tactics: DEA Chief Terrified of State Marijuana Legalization

By Jeremiah Vandermeer, Cannabis Culture - Friday, January 17 2014
FOLLOW:
  • COLORADO
  • DEA
  • GOVERNMENT
  • LEGALIZATION
  • POLICE
  • POLITICS
  • USA
  • WASHINGTON
Screen%20Shot%202014-01-17%20at%204.51.12%20AM-530x347.png
CANNABIS CULTURE - Drug Enforcement Administration Chief of Operations James L. Capra is afraid of marijuana legalization – terrified, in fact.

"Going down the path to legalization in this country is reckless and irresponsible," Capra dramatically told U.S. Senators Wednesday at a hearing on drugs when asked about the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington. "It scares us. The treatment people are afraid, the education people are afraid, law-enforcement is worried what is going to happen."

Capra's theatrical performance seemed about as sincere as an 8-year-old describing the boogie-monster under his bed that ate his homework, but I actually believe him. I think he's telling the truth.

He and the other Prohibition Profiteers are scared shitless. They are afraid of losing their jobs.

They're afraid to give up that source of endless income, the blood-soaked money generator called the Drug War that keeps prisons filled and provides ever-expanding budgets to police departments across America.

If marijuana and other drugs were legalized, there wouldn't be much of a need for a Drug Enforcement Administration.

Though he may truly be afraid of marijuana legalization, Capra's comments were laced with emotional rhetoric, deceit, and outright lies.

"In every part of the world where this experiment has been tried, it has failed, time and time again," Capra told the Senators while waving his arms frantically through gasps and feigned incredulity.

Though there are few examples of countries actually legalizing recreational marijuana for sale in stores, marijuana use rates in the Netherlands are shown to be much lower than in the United States. This exhaustive Cato Institute white paper study by Glenn Greenwald on drug decriminalization in Portugal also proves Capra wrong.

You bet Capra, his DEA goons, and the rest of the Prohibitionists are scared.

Scared to lose the cash crop called the Drug War.

• SEND BY EMAIL
  • PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION
  • ADD NEW COMMENT
DRINK DA KOOL AID ..... DRINK DA KOOL AID..... yuuuummmmm

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
No disrespect, but if you believe that the legalization issue is divided along "age", you're mistaken. I know of more than a few "young'uns" that feel cannabis should remain a Schedule 1 drug.
this puzzles me...

Have you asked them why?

Its a known medicine..it has been for 5000 years
How can anyone say its a Schedule 1 drug??

How can you know people like that?

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Cannabis is so threaputic it even helps meth heads feel better i guess :rolleyes:

View attachment 369490

Yeah..think of the children man!
View attachment 369493
View attachment 369495

Meths KING in AZ. All my yrs of smoking I've never lost teeth or stole from family or prostituted myself for a dime bag . The clear ignorance and hatred of our beloved plant must stop! It's all because of BIG OIL and old suppressants who don't want the True knowledge of this glorious plant to come to light!

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

this puzzles me...

Have you asked them why?

Its a known medicine..it has been for 5000 years
How can anyone say its a Schedule 1 drug??

How can you know people like that?
I don't know...I live and work in the real world. There's a lot of people who disagree with my opinions/beliefs that I know.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Just watched, ok tried to bear threw that show called the TEST, god what a dumb show, anyway the girl on there is addicted to Heroin, and her family is going to stop helping her, she is wrecking even her mother's marriage they said, I keep seeing all theses people with METH/Heroin problems, but haven't seen anyone on there with no teeth or holes in there skin like this new cools drug do, or how about Breaking Bad, Meth is sooo cool now right..:wideyed:

the_plight_of_a_lady_on_meth.jpg

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

No offense Dave, but making a point because you know a few people is really dumb. Read any current study on the topic, please. I'm not saying the links below are 100% accurate, but they way more scientific then claims made because you know a few people.

outwest

http://www.people-press.org/2013/04/04/majority-now-supports-legalizing-marijuana/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165539/first-time-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

No offense Dave, but making a point because you know a few people is really dumb. Read any current study on the topic, please. I'm not saying the links below are 100% accurate, but they way more scientific then claims made because you know a few people.

outwest

http://www.people-press.org/2013/04/04/majority-now-supports-legalizing-marijuana/

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165539/first-time-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

Why is it so hard to beleive that someone could have a different point of view than you or the majority of people their age?Shit i know 75 year olds that are for legalization and daily tokers and also young people that are totally against it and would never touch a doobie,I say to each their own,I wont tell you how to live your life and you dont tell me how to live mine.This crap of people forcing their will upon others is bullshit and it goes both ways.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Read any current study on the topic, please.
Seamaiden and I read, discuss, research cannabis on a daily basis. We are also politically active and are probably but a handful of people here that have actually spoke publicly in favor of cannabis. I know a little bit about the topic.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Why is it so hard to beleive that someone could have a different point of view than you or the majority of people their age?Shit i know 75 year olds that are for legalization and daily tokers and also young people that are totally against it and would never touch a doobie,I say to each their own,I wont tell you how to live your life and you dont tell me how to live mine.This crap of people forcing their will upon others is bullshit and it goes both ways.

Easy, fish. Who said I couldn't believe anything? Who's forcing anyone to do or think anything? I totally believe there are young folks against weed. I also believe they are in the minority amongst their peers, and that gap decreases with older generations.. That's all.

Seamaiden and I read, discuss, research cannabis on a daily basis. We are also politically active and are probably but a handful of people here that have actually spoke publicly in favor of cannabis. I know a little bit about the topic.

I challenged your statement, not your credentials, which are admirable, but not super relevant.

outwest

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Easy, fish. Who said I couldn't believe anything? Who's forcing anyone to do or think anything? I totally believe there are young folks against weed. I also believe they are in the minority amongst their peers, and that gap decreases with older generations.. That's all.

I challenged your statement, not your credentials, which are admirable, but not super relevant.

outwest
My credentials are absolutely relevant. When was the last time any of you went to a town hall meeting to discuss legalization? When was the lasst time any of you sat in a meeting with county officials and had a "one on one" with your Federal Representative (in my case I discussed it w/ Dan Lungren) legalization? Well...I have. And I'm here to tell you that there are many (and I mean many) young folks who do not believe that marijuana should be legalized. My original response was to address the idea that older folks are against legalization whereas younger folks are for it. Wanna talk absurd? I'll say that the idea that the lines are drawn along age groups is absurd.

Don't believe me? Walk into any Baptist Youth Group meeting and ask to have a discussion on the legalization of marijuana...I guarantee that you will not receive a warm reception. When I speak, I don't talk out of my ass. I speak from direct, observable experience.

Top Bottom