scared to use neuts...

• Thread starter theslums
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theslums

i gave my plants 1/4 tsp of floranova grow a week before they went into flower and two of my plants got burned. one took it better than the other im jus afraid to switch over tothe bloom because it has double the phosphate in it (8%) grow >(4%) jus dont wanna burn them again... madium is soil and there in the 3rd week of flowering so its time

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Did you mix it in water first and then give it to them or just drizzle 1/4 tsp around the plant?

K

Kennie_B

Depending on what soil your using: amended or not & if you transplanted right before bloom they may not need anything just yet. Just my op!

P

paulycali

Whats brand of soil did you purchase? You must have bought some soil with time released nutrients in it. What happened was your soil just released nutes and then you apllied more. Its not your fault just dont by soil with time released nutes built in. Thats a no no since you dont know when the soil released nutes to the plants. Maybe theres soil ammendements in there! Need more info

T

theslums

theres no neuts in soil im using pro mix #4 only two plants though blue cheese and super lemon haze. so how much bloom should i use 2 drops??? cause the bloom has 8% phosphate. thats y i want to use the foxfarm bloom lower # and organic

P

paulycali

I am not familiar with floranova nutrients but if your having problems just switch to the fox farm which is organic but not 100% organic and thats stuffs easy to mix and use. Potassium and phosphate are some of the building blocks to getting bigger yields. Its a must use and have in the garden area!

How are you ph ing your nutrient solution? Also you said 1/4 tsp per what "gal,liter"?

C

Carson

I am afraid of newt's. The little slippery bastards freak me out.

O

Oregonic

Could you walk us through your watering process a little?
For example I use a gallon jug and use that to poor into my mixing jug, add nutes, check ph and then water 1 gallon at a time to my soil. Everyone does it different and there is no perfect way, but nutes don't matter if your watering with to high/low PH.

If you are using tap, get a reservoir and a couple of air stones and let it sit before watering.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
floronova is concentrated and fairly strong. I recall using the labeled rates gave me almost 2000ppm! Which would burn many strains.

Some strains (like some Hazes) can also be sensitive to nutes and/or too much nitrogen.

If you have a tds/ec meter good thing to have.

Basic steps for watering
1. Shake bottle violently
2. Mix well with water at 1/4 strength
3. Check ppm/ec and ph (ppm too low add more nutes)
4. Wait 1/2 hour check ph again. Same as in step3? Then you can water. Got more time let it sit overnight then check next day.

Reason for this is to make sure the ph is stable. Additives can also effect the ph.(rhizotonic, silica, humic,fulvic)

In addition to over fertilizing causing burning. ph shift can also burn.

Watch the plant next few days and see how it reacts. Then maybe increase the dosage, but is not always needed. Less is more sometimes plus is easier to add more food and get a plant up to speed. Burnt leaves cannot be recovered like underfeeding can.

Want to be extra careful? Water with a small amount of ph'd water. (just enough to get the medium moist)

Then feed with the food. The pre-watering is supposed to help prevent any burn.

I find the flora series kicks ass (price and ease) once you get the hang of the dosages and making sure it is mixed well.

Hope that helps.

L

Lost

You still did not answer how you added the floranova. We need this info to help you.

I am going to go by what you said exactly and you simply addeed a 1/4 teaspoon to your plant with little or no water. YOU HAVE TO MIX NUTES WITH WATER.

joeca1i

joeca1i

But if there not big plants,just use water,until they look like there hungry.

T

theslums

leadshed "violently shake" haha but yea i use gal jugs 1/4 isnt even a 175ppms im going to switch to foxfarm cause this floranova shit is kickin my ass right now. my ppm in the tap water is 116-125. so im just gonna switch to foxfarm and in the meantime ill mix up a kelp meal tea cause the "danny trevino" needs alot of potassium; the thing is they need phosphate they should be good until i get foxfarm this week. o yea there 24days old

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My granddaughter laughs her ass off and shakes her shoulders going, "BOO-OOOBS!" when I shake my FloraNova.

It's pretty damned easy to grow with this stuff and it's rapidly becoming my 'go-to gal' mainstay kinda squeeze, especially for when I need someone else to take care of my girls. Just always warn them about that shit staining. I've ruined a couple of pairs of jeans with it.

I betcha a paint-mixer would be good to have on hand for us FN users.

E

Element4NorCal

How much nutes do I use?

It depends on the particular strains you are growing mostly as some plants are more sensitive to nutrients.

A rule that I live by is,
mix the nutes at one quarter the recommended dose.

For example if the bottle calls for 1/4 tsp per gallon
mix it with 4 gallons
the following feeding mix it with 3 until u get to the recommended dose.

Dont go swtiching around from one nute company to the next as u can really hurt your plants.

You burned your plants because you fed them a regular dose without ever feeding them before.

Feed your plants the vegetative nutes in veg like you are supossed to and flush a week prior to switching to flower.

The week you switch your lights over to 12/12 give your plants a dose of flower nutes and keep feeding until about the end of week 6.

You dont need to feed aggressively until you have reached that level of your growing career but dont under feed either.

Your plants need these essential building blocks to produce plant cells if they do not have these building blocks they will produce but it will not be as vigorous or as healthy and strong. Plants can grow in the worst of conditions and still flower but to produce a high quality end product it needs nourishment.

Jay Frost
Element 4
Santa Cruz

:spacecraft:

T

theslums

It depends on the particular strains you are growing mostly as some plants are more sensitive to nutrients.

A rule that I live by is,
mix the nutes at one quarter the recommended dose.

For example if the bottle calls for 1/4 tsp per gallon
mix it with 4 gallons
the following feeding mix it with 3 until u get to the recommended dose.

Dont go swtiching around from one nute company to the next as u can really hurt your plants.

You burned your plants because you fed them a regular dose without ever feeding them before.

Feed your plants the vegetative nutes in veg like you are supossed to and flush a week prior to switching to flower.

The week you switch your lights over to 12/12 give your plants a dose of flower nutes and keep feeding until about the end of week 6.

You dont need to feed aggressively until you have reached that level of your growing career but dont under feed either.

Your plants need these essential building blocks to produce plant cells if they do not have these building blocks they will produce but it will not be as vigorous or as healthy and strong. Plants can grow in the worst of conditions and still flower but to produce a high quality end product it needs nourishment.

Jay Frost
Element 4
Santa Cruz

:spacecraft:

i apreeciate it ELEMENT thats exactly how i feel. its gonna be week 4 wednesday and they havent had any bloom yet kelp meal but no bloom. i knno they need it and local hydro employee said use a tsp but im not usin that much cause he doesnt kno what strains im grownin. i gave them 1/4 tsp of grow which has 7%nit and 4%phosphate bloom has 4%N and 8%P i just dont wanna burn them from the phosphate alone. let me know i appreciate the post im gonna measure the ones that took it good about less than a 1/4 cause i dont ko how there gonna take the phosphate even though they need it.
jus cautious i burned them enough not tryna hurt em again

Top Bottom