Scarring brown spots and stunted growth

• Thread starter Biscotti
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Biscotti

Hello to all fellow cultivators I am new, greetings! Please have patience with me as I don't have a comp and must type from a pda. Recently during starting up a grow I purchased some clones from a collective that I think brought something in that has begun ransacking my plants from seed. The clones had what looked to be scarring on some of the lower leaves when purchased. I treated these with organocide a few times and now they look outstanding. My beauties from seed on the other hand do not. They were doing great until they grew out of the cups and I transferred. Scarring started showing up as well as overall pale color yellow tips and stunted growth. To compound the problem the soil mix I created ss4, Denali gold, mush compost, ewc, perlite, kelp meal, neam meal, azomite, alfalfa has a slightly high ph over 7 after cooking. I don't think this is the problem but any thoughts would be great. Also this is the soil they were transferred into a couple days back. I treated the babies with azamax last night and wish I had treated much earlier. My question is should I repot into straight ss4 and feed a nice all around seabird guano tea w/ kelp molasses and Ewc? And continue the azamax treatment? Also is it def a critter that causes this type of scarring and brown spotting or is it some kind of mold/fungus? Thank you so much peace and wish me luck. Wish I had been patient and not bought the clones but now they are the healthiest.

B

Biscotti

One person at a time please. So update after azamax and repotting everything seems to be getting greener except two plants seem to be sick. I trimmed off the rotting fan leaves and have not seen any bugs. After a second treatment of azamax in 48 hrs the plants do not look like they enjoyed it as much. As an experiment I soaked the two worst ones down with organocide as well since that product worked so well on the purchased clones. Hoping they stabilize and the new growth stays healthy, this def blows wish me luck.

bloads

bloads

First off, I'm going to post what the next poster most likely would say if I didn't: Kind of hard to know exactly what's going on without pictures. If you can borrow a camera/computer, you'll help your cause greatly.

I know 7+ PH is a little high, plants in soil like 6.5, so you may be locking out some nutes (take with a grain of salt: I'm a coco guy, not soil).

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by scarring. At first I was thinking you meant the brown spots that accompany calcium/boron deficiencies, but then you also mentioned these same brown spots, so now I'm back to square one (confused) again.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Yeah your pH is high dude and locking out nutes or your plants are under fed and eating themselves.
Bloads is right though, you need to post a pic or two, it'll help.

B

Biscotti

It doesn't look like lock out. Have actually never experienced lockout in organic soil only coir. The azamax at a higher dosage looks to have damaged some leaf tips. Luckily not all eggs are in one basket here to I may try to transfer a couple into straight ss4 since it always seems to work. The scarring looked like a fingernail was pushed into the leaf then it healed. Leaving a somewhat transparent white spot. U are right in that they are hungry but they are not eating themselves. I am going to repot some and leave some and fertilize all tomorrow. Also some leaf tips literally started to rot from the azamax. And the most sickly lady it just ripped through the spots on the leaves that were already damaged. Gonna stick to the ss4 and Ewc at the most as getting fancy with the soil mix usually just leads to trouble for me even with a perfect ph, plus I'll save money and time. Looks like the bug problem is under control no more gnats and nothin on the roots from what I've seen. Just hoping they recover from how hard I blasted them with azamax. Thanks for all the input sorry can't do pics right now.

B

Biscotti

Most of these ladies are turning to crap fast debating just starting over from seed, six years experience and still riding the rollercoaster. They all started out with such promise too, def never ever get clones from a collective shoulda listened to my buddy and myself. Prolly have to wait til I move now to get something solid goin again, sigh. I'm gonna be ashamed when I tell the same buddy what happened. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow I found a comp just blah blah blahing now my apologies

B

Biscotti

Update most ladies are making a strong recovery. Faith and a Lil love can go a long way. They may not live to their fullest potential but hopefully their kin will, peace.

Top Bottom