Schwarzenegger: High Time for Marijuana Debate

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greyfx

Billygoat, who said I was calling you out? I never mentioned your name. I don't thank cali at all for the medical movement. I thank the smart thinking anti-prohibitionist who get up and voice their opinions, because we all know that there were supporters outside of the state who came in to help lobby, also those outside of cali who donated thousands upon thousands of dollars to help get to where prop. 215 is today.

Like prop. 215 the new bill is a stepping stone, you honestly think your going to get to use cannabis and not let the government get their hand in it? Do you know how many other aspects of your life are already controlled by the government? Shit, letting them control it gives us more freedoms now, and leaves room for more freedoms through more votes and more education.

I'm tired of the medical community with the high horse attitude thinking they can rule everything and leave out any recreational user, if your not in a med state oh well. I don't think like that no one deserves to go to jail for growing, or smoking a cannabis plant. This law could help prevent thousands of people losing their lives and their families.

Bro I've had police throw me to the ground on several occasions and even threaten to plant shit on me, I keep my head high and move on. As far as your situation I'm sorry you had to go through that man, but thousands of others have seen worse. If you don't mind me asking if you were just selling to friends, or even smoking friends out for personal smoke then why the huge plant count? You can yield just as much with small plant numbers.

I grew up in a place that's bout it, a lot more crazy shit happened than just a grow getting busted. I also never stated that things were great and jolly, I just stated my opinion for legalization and for this bill.

I definitely do not trust the government and the government has fucked several people I love over time and time again. I've seen friends and family dragged away, had friends killed, parent beat to death by police and thrown in the drunk tank when they had poison in their system. I don't like to talk about my past either and shit haunts me also but we have to rise above that and move forward, let nothing get you down. That's my attitude anyway.

I understand your worry about government and your worries are warranted, we live in corrupt society. You make some valid points.

Cali is a great place bro I love it dearly, but Cali also has too much pride to me it's a bad thing. I definitely value your opinion man and see nothing wrong with your post, keep on keeping and I know that your FOR legalization man.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Billygoat, who said I was calling you out? I never mentioned your name. I don't thank cali at all for the medical movement. I thank the smart thinking anti-prohibitionist who get up and voice their opinions, because we all know that there were supporters outside of the state who came in to help lobby, also those outside of cali who donated thousands upon thousands of dollars to help get to where prop. 215 is today.

Like prop. 215 the new bill is a stepping stone, you honestly think your going to get to use cannabis and not let the government get their hand in it? Do you know how many other aspects of your life are already controlled by the government? Shit, letting them control it gives us more freedoms now, and leaves room for more freedoms through more votes and more education.

I'm tired of the medical community with the high horse attitude thinking they can rule everything and leave out any recreational user, if your not in a med state oh well. I don't think like that no one deserves to go to jail for growing, or smoking a cannabis plant. This law could help prevent thousands of people losing their lives and their families.

Bro I've had police throw me to the ground on several occasions and even threaten to plant shit on me, I keep my head high and move on. As far as your situation I'm sorry you had to go through that man, but thousands of others have seen worse. If you don't mind me asking if you were just selling to friends, or even smoking friends out for personal smoke then why the huge plant count? You can yield just as much with small plant numbers.

I grew up in a place that's bout it, a lot more crazy shit happened than just a grow getting busted. I also never stated that things were great and jolly, I just stated my opinion for legalization and for this bill.

I definitely do not trust the government and the government has fucked several people I love over time and time again. I've seen friends and family dragged away, had friends killed, parent beat to death by police and thrown in the drunk tank when they had poison in their system. I don't like to talk about my past either and shit haunts me also but we have to rise above that and move forward, let nothing get you down. That's my attitude anyway.

I understand your worry about government and your worries are warranted, we live in corrupt society. You make some valid points.

Cali is a great place bro I love it dearly, but Cali also has too much pride to me it's a bad thing. I definitely value your opinion man and see nothing wrong with your post, keep on keeping and I know that your FOR legalization man.

WOW!

Just got home from work and saw that long post. Well, first i'm going to say sorry. I took your post the wrong way. That's what I hate about the internet and getting a point across. I'm bad about that and just want to say I'm sorry. I did not mean to get you going or say you said something i did not agree with. I did not mean to get you going or upset you in any way.

After reading this new post and the others. We do agree with a lot of the same issues. Sorry, to hear about your problems in the past and all that has happen with you and your family and friends. It can be a really bad world. I don't want to say to much more, because i think we both said plenty. I will say we both make some good points and would love to see a better world and free to smoke cannabis in our lives. Without worries of LEO and all their shit.

Again, I'm sorry for the post and taking you words the wrong way. OH, you asked about my plant count. I was doing four different crosses at that time. Pretty sure I posted i was making seeds. One thing I did leave out. Some very old member from the OG days here. Know I was fucked up very bad while serving in the army. I don't want to post what happen to me, but lets say I should not be here. What happen to me. No one survives what happen to me. I was on a lot of pain pills and very strong ones. I perfered smoking, because It didn't make me sick like the strong pain pills. I was smoking a lot and selling some to pay some bills. My plant count was for making seeds and most of my personal smoke. Plus, a little cash on the side. Little

Well, let's hope for the best. I know I will be. Take care and again. Sorry, for taking your post the wrong way.
Later,
BG

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Kid Twist
Posts: 13 This would be so cool. I can't even say all the ideas that are rollin thru my head. Think about the money it would make from tourism alone. (1) California is beautiful, much nicer then rainy amsterdam. (2) People spend what they are gonna spend every week. Guy buys a 1/4-1/2 every week regardless of law. That has been going on forever only thing is theres no tax revinew on it. On top of that most of that money stays underground, it gets shipped to canada or mexico, luanderd in foreign banks. (3) You put a guy in jail for pot not only does it cost money to keep him there. He also isnt paying taxes cuz he can't work or spend money. Most people pay a shit load of taxes over thier lifetime but not when their in jail. (4) It would literally take any violance associated with pot out the picture. Drug cartels, Robbery home invasions ect. (5) When i was in high school we had to come up with some clever ways of getting alchohol for the weekend parties. As far as weed goes people in school sold the weed so it was no big deal unless a draught. By regulating it, it will become cheaper and safer and harder for kids to obtain. Cuz lets face it are you really making sure your pot doesnt end up in the hands of minors. Its illegal to posses and sell it anyways no mater how old the person is. But if this was the only reason you could go to jail, you'd start checking ids real fucking fast! (6) No more need to launder money! You stop 2 crimes yay!

G

greyfx

Yea man my cousin used to be addicted to roxys and I got her smoking weed and she was able to come off of them after a hard long struggle but I know the weed helped her cope with the nausea and constantly throwing up.

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

CNN Debate Harvard Professor Former Drug Czar

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQkc2gPbbA[/YOUTUBE]

F

FastForward

I'm not pro legalization either....at least not for recreational usage - medicinal, yes.

I am however totally pro decriminalisation. I don't want my kids to be able to buy 20 Marlboro Hazes at the local liquor store or pharmacy. I don't want my already lazy-good-for-nothing country to get lazier and less competent (because we're already shite).

What I do want is the freedom to enjoy marijuana in the privacy of my own home. I do want and end to the persecution of regular folks for smoking weed, and I want personal cultivation laws for all adults.

I used to be pro legalisation, but then I had kids....and it changes your perspective. Also, the hard science is undeniable - we must protect immature brains from weed (i.e. kids). But protecting the kids is through education, not prohibition.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
FastForward, Hey ,man , i have kids ,too! Way i see it is : "if, you are worried about kids and legalization... then make laws for dealing ONLY affecting the sale to children , with use ,... same as with alcohol laws." Then, you can all leave my adult freedoms in tact!! Thank You for understanding ! As i talk legalization, i always hear it's for "the children" ,about strict laws, we have now ! Crazy !! Why restrict me , an adult, When a 12 year old or 15 year old is who you are concerned about !! And , of coarse , i would much sooner see my children smoke clean cannabis any day than drink alcohol and drive !!!Just my 2 cents , anyway ! monkey5

S

StonedOwl

I very seriously doubt it will make the world a worse place Fast Forward. Just make (some not all) people relax about a lot of stuff, less heart attacks, less stress.

I think your all worried over nothing, if regulated like alcohol or tobacco everything will work out for the best.

It's just that Anslinger was very good at his job, and we still feel the repercussions.

G

greyfx

If more people smoked weed this world would be a better place, people aren't lazy on pot or get stupid. When I get high I get creative and I am motivated. I smoke before I work sometimes and it has no effect on how I do my job. If anything it helps me be relaxed. It effects everyone differently I believe.

S

StonedOwl

Defiantly lets the day go faster, and with much less stress. If I could openly smoke at work I would never be late and never miss a day, it would be too much fun.
:character0180:

S

SkyHi

I smokle at work all the time, sometimes it get lazy sometimes i dont. im pretty sure if it were legal i would NOT become a cancer to society and continue to work and go to school. I work in the Prosthetic and Orthotic field and i see people with various types of cerebral, muscular, nevous system issues that i wish i could hand them a joint, but the government has demonized it to the point i wouldnt dare mention MMJ.

A

Attis

Exactly once farms ditch there corn crops for marijhuana food priices will rise too. We will be inadated with shitty 1000 acre grows of tex mex. Dropping prices for weed and raising it for everything else wait and see. One good thing will lead to many bad and gov. control. I will never report in.

I pay rent and break even right now with my extra weed. I smoke a shit load and I pay rent with the dough since I can only get 1 good electrical job every 3 months with this shit hole economy.

Great point, cannabis is much easier to grow than most veggies and I can see that effecting prices, but... as for the ditch weed and prices I could care less because we can always grow our own QUALITY meds. Thank god for that:rock

A

Attis

I smokle at work all the time, sometimes it get lazy sometimes i dont. im pretty sure if it were legal i would NOT become a cancer to society and continue to work and go to school. I work in the Prosthetic and Orthotic field and i see people with various types of cerebral, muscular, nevous system issues that i wish i could hand them a joint, but the government has demonized it to the point i wouldnt dare mention MMJ.

You could always suggest that they speak with a physician about using MMJ instead of you directly telling them. Just a thought and I am sure they would be very greatful.

P

Purple Urkel

I live in cali and im actually against legalization. i dont see what that would change for me besides how i make my money. i dont know about the rest of the state but in the bay area its already decriminalized. ive been able to walk down busy streets smoking blunts since i was in middle school and ive never gotten possession charges the worst that would happen is the cop stomps out my buds but never any criminal charges. and growing pot legally for the club is a really good living right now. in oakland you can legally grow 70 plants per card so if you and your friends rented out a small warehouse and all got cards you could work 6 months out of the year and sit on your ass with a large amount of cash. if made legal i would lose because weed companys will rise and put us out of business

on the other hand its a little selfish to be against it because california is lucky, no other state gets the opportunity's we do and i think texas shouldnt have to pay 200% markup to get some buds and risk going to jail.

and as far as the taxes go, at first it will be high a year or so down the road the overproduction of pot will lower the prices and will get them down to about where they are right now

Top Bottom