Scotts Miracle-Gro to Start MMJ nute line

• Thread starter GeneralRipper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GeneralRipper

Marijuana Market Targeted by Scotts Miracle-Gro Fertilizers And Pesticides

"​Marijuana might still be a federal outlaw. But it's so mainstream that one of the country's biggest gardening concerns, Scotts Miracle-Gro, wants in on the action.
Scotts CEO Jim Hagedorn told the Wall Street Journal that he wants a piece of the medical marijuana cultivation scene.

We can't blame him. It's legal in 16 states and worth a reported $1.7 billion. Hagedorn said:
I want to target the pot market. There's no good reason we haven't.
Miracle-Gro specializes in fertilizers and pesticides.

Back in the days having cultivation equipment could get you in trouble. Now, not so much. And since Miracle-Gro can be used for all kinds of green -- not just weed -- the company probably won't have to worry about the feds gong after it, Tommy Chong-style.

This is bigger than an endorsement by George Soros.

(This is a company with nearly $3 billion in annual sales).

Hagedorn says he takes it as a good sign that some busted grow operations have been found to have Miracle-Gro products on-site.

We like the way this guy thinks."

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
With 3billion in current annual sales, better watch out AN, the big biys are comin...lol

Tex

G

gooey

was only a matter of time, this ceo of miracle grow is a cowboy for sure...not afraid i like it, it says they may look to purchase existing brands rather than create a new mmj line...either way very fucking interesting when the big boys come to the table...peace n puffs thanks for sharing

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
At least we we'll be able to get it at Home Depot....hoprfully lol

Tex

squarepusher

squarepusher

imagine walking out of home depot with 'cannabis fertilizer' kind of attention drawing eh

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
maybe they will do a hostile takeover of AN

if only - lol

I read an article over a year ago saying that the home box stores and and the wally worlds were going to start carrying more MJ related stuff to put a dent in the hydro stores

I have seen some familar MJ products at the orchard supply - but none anywhere else out of the ordinary

B

Bandit

big boys

Paulino Gardens already supplys most of grow stuff for cannibus.:)

G

gooey

not my market lol homedepot could use some more choices in my region...hopefully this will happen, i would love to go get a pallet at homedepot...imho much less unusual than going to hydro store...peace npuffs

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What if they just bought Botanicare/American Agritech or American Hydroponics or even General Hydroponics?

Thier combined sales don't even make up 1% of what MG does, would be an easy aquisition for them..

They could easily pick up companies like Humboldt Nutrients, Cutting Edge Solutions, hell even Foxfarm pretty easy.

Tex

G

gooey

same thoughts over here tex, the ceo says that is the way they will enter the market thur existing brands...your guess is as good as mine...im guessing they will go for the big playas, gh, fox farm etc...peace n puffs

S

smokestack23

Hmm...

They'd almost have to buy some existing companies out and keep manufacturing the stuff under the old companies' names.

Too bad really. If they just made some good mj nutes with the MG label it would have to be pretty cheap. They couldn't say.."This jar of MG nutes is primarily for marijuana but also works great for other crops...it's $25/jar because it's SO MUCH BETTER than the normal CRAP we sell for four bucks".

If they acquire some existing companies at least they could continue to WAY overcharge for the stuff. Also wouldn't offend any brand loyal MG gardeners who are completely against mj.

By the way...for all you Canadian farmers...you do realize that RONA carries GH and all kinds of great stuff like rooting hormones, pesticides, rockwool, Hydroton...PLUS..pipe, tubs, tubing, fittings, elbows, pumps, clones...oops...ok not CLONES but almost everything else.
Nice to know if you live in a small town and the only hardware store in town is a RONA. Beats long trips to the city, ordering online, paying shipping..

PEACE

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Botanicare/American Agritech did around 30 million in domestic sales last year, so they could be had for around 50-60mil if you caught Treg ona good day...

They could just go to the grow store and buy one of ech and copy/evaluate the different formulations in thier labs and then come out with a proprietary product line...reverse engineer their way into the market like the most of the rest of them did.

Tex

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
um-what ?

its not pot fertilizer? .............oh no wait that was the 70s LOL

:harvest:

S

smokestack23

Yeah..it would be awesome if they did that. You'd think they'd pretty much have to sell it cheap if they left their label (MG) on it.

Man..I HOPE that's what they're gonna do. I'll buy the stuff. On the other hand...

I'm not much for the big guy usually.MG comes in and wipes everyone out. That would kinda suck. BUT...maybe it would just force everyone to sell their nutes and supplements at reasonable prices.?

Latest posts

Top Bottom