screen for large scale, traditional production - where to?

• Thread starter funtasmagoric
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

funtasmagoric

Hi everybody! You've probably seen this gipsy nirvana vid about traditional hash making in the morroccan mountains:

I just wonder what type of screen is the one used there. It's prety big and I guess it's not bought from art-stores anyway. I'd say it has the mesh size of 140 to 100, but do correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd love a screen like this, so if anyone knows more on it, please suggest me some place in Europe where I could find smth similar (excluding ebay that is).

F

funtasmagoric

Well... well... it seems nobody is willing to offer more info on this one. I did some research myself and it seems they use both metallic and nylon screens with various sizes, depending on the desired quality obviously.
I found a Swiss based producer who seems to have what I'm lookin for... http://www.sefar.com/htm/609/en/SEFAR-PET-1500.htm?Folder=61152 [Check also the screens section]
Still, is it possible to employ the morrocan hash makin technique on a printing mesh? wouldn't it break when hit?
Second, I was unable to find a retailer to sefar products. Can someone help?

F

funtasmagoric

Ib Man, that won't do it. we talkin about a big (>200lbs) quantity of green stuff.
Anyway, the sefar screens may reach 4 sq meters and have mesh openings ranging from 46 to 150 um (microns), so they should be able to keep the green away... only if it'd be possible to buy them somewhere

M

Metatron

Hey, have looked into this in the past. No pre-made screen sets bigger than a sheet of paper. You're going to have to order a roll of mesh screen and build them yourself, with that qty., wouldn't be a bad (or expensive) investment anyway...

F

funtasmagoric

That is actually a good idea... Could you also recommend some shop(s) to order from?

J

januaryfirst

Screen printing supply in your local town. Most sell a wide assortment of screens and screens sizes on aluminum frames. Also if you want a bigger screen you can order them to size from them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom