Screens and Scrogging Ideas

• Thread starter PaperStreet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Well im going to have to get into a screen and scrog if i want to be able to efficiently run some of these more stretchy strains ive been wanting to run so im looking for ideas, diy screen builds, screens maybe i can purchase? And ultimately maybe some pointers on how to work a plant into a screen. I dunno why it seems so intimidateing to me to work a plant into a screen maybe im just makeing it all out to be harder than it is in my head idk but some tips and ideas would be helfull and apprechiated. While i figure out what im going to use and how im gonna build a screen.
Im going to start with a 2lamp setup tho no light movers what would be a prime screen size i should should for under the 2lamps. Im thinking like maybe a 5x10?
Thanks in advance!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I use 2x4's cut in half, posts ran vertical (I can't fasten the bottoms to the ground so) and another border of wood around the bottom. This makes a pretty secure frame. Store bought netting the 4'x 30' kind can then be stretched to anything out to almost 6' wide. fasten with zip ties- then it can slide up and down. Its easy enough. FOr super stretchy strains I end up using two nets. Do the first one day one and the second after most of stretch.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

I have used a screen set up that is galvanized aluminum. Same legs as PButter, it can be purchased at any farm supply spot, it comes 48"x 16 feet. You can get 4 inch square openings or 6 inch openings, I love it cuz tops can be positioned where you want em. The rigidity of the aluminum makes for a great anchor for soft ties, no rust, and at the end tops can be pulled through with no hang ups like netting. I will get you a shot of the screen

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Great pix @MedicineFarm looks super clean idk why its taken me so long to make one even if its just a trellis for control that alone would be a serious burden off my back!

purpleberry

purpleberry

Stick 4 bamboo stakes at the edge of the pot, Cut your screen to size you need for each plant push the screen down on the stakes, If you bend them out to the edge of the screen it will get tight and stay in place, zip tie the screen to the stakes. This way you can still move plants around. I do 15g pots 24"x24" screen If you have a stretchy plant you can go 12/12 when it starts to fill the screen and keep it under the screen for the first week and it will still stretch 2' over the screen. If you doing GDP you need to fill the screen up completely before 12/12 just to get 1' over the screen

Alice D

Alice D

Ya that sounds perfect 5x10' with two lights over it. If your growing a stretch strain I like to build the trellis right at plant height before bud then as your tops are growing up just push them back under. Pretty soon you have a solid canopy of buds. I've always made sure to tear out anything under the trellis that isn't getting light by week3 of flower. This way the plants can stretch up into the screen the first couple weeks. I've grown Scrog style for awhile I use 2x4's and a staple gun or even PVC 3/4". It's the only way to grow super stretch strains IME. I'm going to get at you later today OG. Talk soon

Top Bottom