Screw you Oklahoma Senate~ Possible life sentences for making hash, WTF!

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

I dunno if someone already posted this, but im in shock.

The Oklahoma Senate Wednesday passed a bill that would mandate a sentence of up to life in prison for making hashish out of marijuana. The House has already approved the measure, but it must go back to the lower chamber for a final vote.

Making this could get you life in prison in Oklahoma if a current bill becomes law (Image via Wikimedia.org)The measure sailed through the Senate with little debate, passing on a vote of 44-2. The House also approved the measure by a large margin, passing it on a vote of 75-18.

The bill, House Bill 1798, creates a new felony of converting marijuana into hash. A first conviction could garner a $50,000 fine and prison sentence of two years to life. Second or subsequent convictions would net doubled penalties.

Oklahoma legislative analysts said the bill would cost the state $56 per day, or more than $20,000 a year, for each day someone is imprisoned. At that rate, if Oklahoma imprisoned five hash makers for 10 years each, the bill to taxpayers would be one million dollars.

The bill was the brainchild of the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (OBNDD), which says on its web site that its mission is "to serve the citizens of Oklahoma in the quest for a drug-free state."

According to the Tulsa World, OBNDD said there have been "few" cases of hash making in the Sooner State. But OBNDD spokesman Mark Woodward said the goal of the bill is to "send a message" that illegal drugs won't be tolerated in Oklahoma.

Neither, apparently, will common sense or a sense of proportionality.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2011/apr/22/oklahoma_senate_passes_life_sent

J

Jsän

so they are trying to classify (making)Hashish as "Illegal Creation of a Controlled Substance."

unfortunately, it will probably pass. But Oklahoma only has 3.7mil people...how many are making hash? Oklahoma has been Methca for 30yrs..why go after hashish?

online excerpt from OK attorney:
""Drug manufacturing refers to the illegal creation of controlled substances such as methamphetamine (meth), crack cocaine, heroin, or other illegal drugs and narcotics. In Oklahoma, meth is the most commonly manufactured controlled substance. Typically, the term manufacturing brings to mind large scale factory-type operations that produce huge quantities of illegal drugs. However, meth labs have now become so portable that a complete lab can fit in the trunk of a car. Motel rooms have also become popular places for lab operations. A meth lab was even found in the stairway of the State Capitol Complex in Tulsa. Under Oklahoma criminal law, an addict who is cooking meth only for personal use in their own home can be still be charged with meth manufacturing.((WOW!!! )))

Oklahoma Drug Manufacturing Penalties

Manufacturing is categorized as a felony drug crime in Oklahoma, and the penalties are severe. A first offense carries a minimum of 7 years to a maximum of life in prison and a fine of at least $50,000.00. A second offense carries a minimum of 14 years to a maximum of life in prison. A subsequent offense carries a minimum of 21 years to a maximum of life in prison.""

Making Hash is as bad as making Meth?!?!?!...what is this world coming to.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Those assholes call pot a "Controlled Deadly Substance". They can also take your house or vehicle for a seed. Tolerant native americans nay. Bible thumpin right wing sheep yay. If you live in that state, MOVE! NOW! I WARNED YA!

-TF

T

tattoojim

that is realy fucked up , cause if you look at states with pending legeslation on compasionate laws. oklahoma was on there....what the hell are they doing?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Another state I won`t touch down in and spend any money at.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Wow! Why are we the taxpayer supporting the jobs of the people that are wasting life on such stupid shit? I mean worry about crack or meth for pete's sake! Hash, really? Hash? What do people do on hash that is so bad anyway? I mean a first timer can't smoke a gram of it without passing out like a few shots of tequila would do a teenager. It's silly that we THE people put up with these treasonous acts against us, the ones that pay the bills for those politicians.

Have you guys/gals heard that in 2016 the International Monetary Fund (IMF) expects America to surrender its leading position as the world's largest economy to China.

It almost seems as though the higher ups in DC don't think that the US "reign" as a super power will ever stop. Arrogance if you ask me. I just want a plot of land off the grid so I don't have to participate in the ignorance in this world. Anyone in NorCal think this is possible up there anymore? Triangle area? I'm not looking for a huge grow spot, but a place to not have to see people anymore lol. My family and I have tossed around moving to a different country, but the stupidity seems to be everywhere these days. Look at A-Dam. Shite might just have to go back to the Homeland, Ireland. But then look at their situation economically. Is there no hope anymore?

Cheers,
Crom

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why wait til 2016 when we can have a negative credit rating NOW??

Never been to or through Oklahoma, and now it's a definite thing. Their legislators are doing what the people want, right?

B

bigcat

i saw this the other day and for the life of me in this day and age with all thats going on they could posiblly think that there time is best spent on a law like this

phenotyper

phenotyper

I'm having a gram of bubble hash and shaking my fist at Oklahoma.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I'm having a gram of bubble hash and shaking my fist at Oklahoma.

lol I thought of Pop Eye with his pipe hanging out and his big ass forearms lol!
Popeye.jpg

Top Bottom