fukwitit

fukwitit

am i doin this right?
Scrogany suggestions
Scrogany suggestions 2
Scrogany suggestions 3

IndaVI

IndaVI

Screen looks a little high... I like mine 6-8" from the base of the plant... I would consider transplanting into a less deep dish( or putting more medium under the plants in the one they are in). Then lowering the screen, weaving the plants, and pruning any growth thar is more than a few inches under the screen to avoid popcorn buds that will be susceptible to mold down in that container... Plants do look good though!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ha! And I like my screens at least 10" from the bottom of the plant, so I have room to get in under there and clean out the lowers.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

I like to keep pulling them under the screen rather then weaving it. With you on the 10" minimum but my screen is 4'x8' so I need to be able to crawl under it.

Power OG

Power OG

I like to keep pulling them under the screen rather then weaving it. With you on the 10" minimum but my screen is 4'x8' so I need to be able to crawl under it.
I also just pull under and do not weave, no need to weave. I agree totally.
Respect
P-OG

IndaVI

IndaVI

The whole purpose of " weaving" is to completely fill a given area with one plant and getting a massive yeild per plant thereby staying compliant with plant count laws...

IndaVI

IndaVI

Also narrows the vertical growth area providing optimally intense lighting for a given area. Eliminates Larfy bottom buds ect.

IndaVI

IndaVI

No you gotta be ready to put in work when harvesting a scrog... Most of mine have been 4x4... 6 plants that yeild around 20 zips... That's several hours of trimming for one or two people.... Hard work but oh so worth it!

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

The thing is weaving doesn't increase yield just makes harvest more difficult.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not in my experience, not if you've paid good attention to controlling the canopy properly. If you've done it right, all buds will be over the screen, then you just snip, snip, snip, and you're done.

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

Not in my experience, not if you've paid good attention to controlling the canopy properly. If you've done it right, all buds will be over the screen, then you just snip, snip, snip, and you're done.

Have you done it both ways? Either way your canopy is the same. The only difference is you have to cut or pull the branches out of your screen if you weave them through. To me if I'm adding an unnecessary step I'm making it more difficult.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have you done it both ways? Either way your canopy is the same. The only difference is you have to cut or pull the branches out of your screen if you weave them through. To me if I'm adding an unnecessary step I'm making it more difficult.
"Both" ways? I thought there were more than two ways to skin that cat.

What I did was keep the legs shaved completely, wove branches through the screen because those I didn't weave either flopped down underneath to a too low position, or they popped up too high. Once harvest came around, I just cut off the buds, lifted the screen and pulled out the pots.

Either way, I say do what works best for *you*. :)

straincreation

straincreation

I think hes sayin to not perform an actual weave. By simply just training them to go under the screen as they grow. Not going undernover under over under over. Just makes it diffucult when harvesting.
Comw harvest time youll have to peeform multiple cuts per branch instead of just ine and pulling it out from the top. If that makes sense. If not srry.
Happy farmin;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh! Well that's pretty much what I did, I think. When the branches popped up, I crammed 'em back down.

Mah weave kitteh

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

"Both" ways? I thought there were more than two ways to skin that cat.

What I did was keep the legs shaved completely, wove branches through the screen because those I didn't weave either flopped down underneath to a too low position, or they popped up too high. Once harvest came around, I just cut off the buds, lifted the screen and pulled out the pots.

Either way, I say do what works best for *you*. :)

Yes "both" ways not "all" ways because we're talking about weaving through the screen or pulling it under the screen. My question wasn't meant to be snarky like your response. I asked because if you haven't then your experience doesn't mean much in this case. If the branches you don't weave through the screen are either too high or too low I would suggest you need to pay good attention to controlling the canopy properly. If you've done it right then all your buds will be above the screen and you just snip, snip, snip and you're done with a clean screen.

Top Bottom