Scrog In Dwc Question?

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

So, I'm on my first round of all DWC, and I really love it. I can't even tell you how much.

However, I don't have a res. And pretty soon the scrog net will go up. But then I realized, how am I going to change the buckets once the scrog gets filled up?

I did a quick search and the only thing I found said to move to a res. Which I could do, if I absolutely must, but i'm wondering if there is a different way?

I guess even if I am able to scrog each one individually, (anyone doing this? If so with that?) it would still be tough to change out the buckets come late flower.

I don't have the funds for a res and pump right now, if that's the only easy way to do it, I guess I will have to find the money.

But I figured I would throw this out there, if anyone else has come up with a solution I haven't thought of. I can plumb the res system up easily, it's the cost of the res and pumps I would like to avoid this time around if possible.

But I have a feeling the res is going to be the only way...I wish I thought of this earlier lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Are you dead set on running a scrog? could just do some very intense LST and topping and achieve similar results without the headache of having things stuck under the screen.

Junk

Junk

Are you dead set on running a scrog? could just do some very intense LST and topping and achieve similar results without the headache of having things stuck under the screen.

Not dead set on it. I just veg my plants out quite a bit and the TD and WW grow very large and heavy. I'll probably train and trim them to have 24 tops or so. I've thought about that route, keep em as squat as possible, but if it works out to be too much, then it will really suck.

But I may give that a go. Give it extra time to develop a strong structure? I can't main line them as they are all monster cropped clones. Well, I could mainline them, but it defeats the purpose of my experiment. If no better ideas come up, I think I'll go that route.

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Howzit Junk! So heres what I did.. I took 2x6 and built a platform 10 in high for the buckets to sit on. I drilled a 5/8 hole in the bottom of buckets and used hydrofarm elbow to tubing. I put on and off valve in there to so the water/nutrient didnt just run out... This way I did not have to move the buckets when draining them... Now for the res part you will need to elevate the res enough to fill your buckets with gravity fed tubing.. If you have any other questions or want to see pics I can show you.. hope it gives you some ideas

Junk

Junk

Howzit Junk! So heres what I did.. I took 2x6 and built a platform 10 in high for the buckets to sit on. I drilled a 5/8 hole in the bottom of buckets and used hydrofarm elbow to tubing. I put on and off valve in there to so the water/nutrient didnt just run out... This way I did not have to move the buckets when draining them... Now for the res part you will need to elevate the res enough to fill your buckets with gravity fed tubing.. If you have any other questions or want to see pics I can show you.. hope it gives you some ideas

They are already plumbed for a res. I just don't have the money FOR the res, or a large arisen for it, or a water pump.

I could put a spigot in place instead the "T" but how are you cleaning the buckets in between water change outs? Based on your suggestion, I assume you aren't?

If I did put in a spigot, for filling the buckets again, I could mix my nutrient solution & dump it in from the top couldn't I? I have 10" net pots so I wouldn't be dumping the nutes directly onto the roots (although I don't see why that would be a problem anyway.

I think this may work!

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

of course you clean buckets out... if I need a quick flush I just pump water from my res to buckets and let the them flush through. Or If I want to deep clean them I get an extra clean bucket and lift the lid of one of the buckets slide the dirty bucket out and slide new clean bucket in! clean other one and repeat

Latest posts

Top Bottom