SCROG newb interested in knowledge..

• Thread starter Lowkee0420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lowkee0420

Lowkee0420

I'm interested in learning the scrofulous technique I have a 4x4 lighthouse tent.. k bought strong yarn for the fixture. Of it... but I know nothing more about it... all information someone could post would be amazing thank you fellow farmers!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Read someones SCROG diary, theres multiple threads on this site.

Search Google.

Search YouTube.

Theres a few options for you, or you could do all 3, thats what I've been doing for the past 6 years. Your not gonna get all the info you need just by asking a question like that because there is so many different ways to do it, do your own research, thats the best way to learn, good luck.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
im doing my first scrog...and this is what i came up with :D
DSC01877
DSC01878

Lowkee0420

Lowkee0420

Read someones SCROG diary, theres multiple threads on this site.

Search Google.

Search YouTube.

Theres a few options for you, or you could do all 3, thats what I've been doing for the past 6 years. Your not gonna get all the info you need just by asking a question like that because there is so many different ways to do it, do your own research, thats the best way to learn, good luck.

Will do. Also is a 8 bulb t5 okay to flower with I want dense flowers I have the extreme nutes full line.
trying to keep electrical cost down. I know I can use the sun till about Jan. Maybe Dec. Socal becomes pretty cold at night in the winter..lol

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Will do. Also is a 8 bulb t5 okay to flower with I want dense flowers I have the extreme nutes full line.
trying to keep electrical cost down. I know I can use the sun till about Jan. Maybe Dec. Socal becomes pretty cold at night in the winter..lol

T5's are great for veg and not so great for flower, if you really want dense nugs, veg under the T5 for a month or so then put them outside to flower until you have enough for a HPS light kit. It will work from August till it gets too cold around December.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Be careful with what you scrog, its hard to take plants out of a screen to put them outside. If they are going outside there isn't much reason to do a scrog, the sun is strong enough to penetrate just about any canopy.

Lowkee0420

Lowkee0420

T5's are great for veg and not so great for flower, if you really want dense nugs, veg under the T5 for a month or so then put them outside to flower until you have enough for a HPS light kit. It will work from August till it gets too cold around December.

ok will do! yes nothing beats good old mother natures lighting. :)
is it best to get a hps with the ducting on the hood to push the air out.. i use to have a A wing set up for a 40 watt ior 600 watt from oracle.. ad lets say i know a wings suck when your limited on ac or keeping heat down... hahahahaaha

i wont be scrogging till i indoor bloom.. anyone know of a breeder with master kush seeds?? its my favorite strain and cant find it anywhere =/ *sigh*

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Honestly, I believe the Adjust-A-Wings are the best reflectors on the market and there not air cooled, but with proper ventilation and cooling you don't need an air cooled hood. Now if I had to choose between a bat wing reflector or air cooled, I'd go with air cooled because they are the second best IMO.

Master Kush...check out an online seedbank.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

With all due respect to the SCROGers, I think LST is the way to go for a few reasons. LST will give you the same ability to manage your canopy concerning getting the most amount of bud sites exposed to light, getting the canopy to fill out your light footprint and will give you more bud because of the plant hormones and mechanisms you trigger through proper LST. A big downside of SCROG is that once your plants start poking through the screen, they are fixed in place. You cannot move them around to take plants on the outside of the light footprint, where the light is the weakest, and give them better light for a few days in the enter of the footprint. Also if you get bugs, SCROG growing limits your ability to both inspect the plant and treat the pests. You push 2 or 3 plants through a SCROG and they become fixed in place, unable to be moved, rotated, properly inspected, etc.

Again, all due respect to the SCROGers, but it is a growing method that is not as popular as it once was because of the negatives as well as better alternatives. There is a lot of misunderstanding about LST on weed forums and I have seen stickies that do not accurately describe the method, how it is supposed to be done and what is going on inside the plant when you do it.

The guy that I know that brought LST to us stoners was Delta on the old HC boards. Read every post by Delta in this thread:
Read dis shit if you want the real skinny on LST -Delta brought the technique, formally, to us Sweet Lady Jane farmers and Delta knew his shit about MJ

Top Bottom