Scrog or Sog

• Thread starter efnscreenames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
efnscreenames

efnscreenames

Im planning on my next grow being with just a few plants and was wondering how this works. I know I need to veg a little longer but do I bring the new sprouts through the holes in the screen or wait until I induce flowering. O i have two ak47's I want to grow in a 4'x3' scrog will this work or should I scrap it and start over? co2 induced advanced nutes and a 600 watt light

T

true blue

LBH,s scrog tutorial at the top of indoor growing forum good read taught me alot.Think the 2 aks will be good for 4x3ft of space easily enough light and great strain very stinky i grew 2ak autos and they stunk!I am currently grow 4 euphoria in an area 80cmx80x160 going to scrog these plants would like just 2 but you can veg with less time with more plants.I just make sure i can get my hands through the screen.

good luck mate

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

with the branching the space should fill quite nicely or at least in my mind it will

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

check this out, don't know if you seen it but might give you insight and maybe some good tips (many good green spear tips) :bong-hits:

S

StrikeitRich

Honestly ur best bet with any grow style is to know what u want to get out of ur garden. If u want to keep ur numbers low and u are able to spend allot of time in ur garden than try doing a SCROG, but if not then i would do the SOG style of growing.

They are two very similar, yet different styles. the whole consept behind them both is to have a very even full canapy that allows u to keep ur light source exactly the same distance above all ur plants. Creating an even spread of Watt/inch.

Peace,
S i R

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've always used a combination of training styles. Since a personal goal was- and remains- to keep the stem count low, I've been reluctant to use SOG techniques.

The techniques I used were a combination of topping and bending/tying down. My aim was to create 4- no more, no less- side branches from the main stem, and then tie those down as they grow out maybe 4-6". Top them, so they in turn produce a couple of buds, and allow the whole plant to grow up a bit. With practice- and continually working with the same strain so I could be consistent- I was able to grow a plant that was maybe 15" tall from the soil surface and had 16-30 good cola sites, all at the same height. The plant would end up about 30-36" across, the size of a trash can lid! You could SCROG that if you wanted, I used twine and tape to tie them down (now, I use twine and vine clips because they're more reliable and reusable).

You'll find that the plant has a lot of scraggle and yellowing leaves down low. I get rid of it, since what you're looking for is the plant to direct its energy up to where the good top colas are, in the light. If you're doing it right, the plant will eventually take on something of a saucer shape, about 8-10" deep top to bottom, with only stems below that.

The reason I do it is to keep the plant's fruiting tops at the same height relative to one another, so I could hang my hood at the optimum distance from the canopy. No more burning the tippy top, and watching popcorn grow in the shade! Your yields will explode, and your wallet and head stash will both thank you.

big twinn

big twinn

SOG if you wanna maximize yields by going perpetual with more frequent harvests. SCROG if you want to have longer veg times and lower plant counts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom