SCROG, Out of height. Your opinions, please help!

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Bit of a story, but thank you in advance for your knowledge. 😎

just fabricated a flood table and fuckedup on my height of my current grow. Now I have no room left to move up but have thrown down the net I intended on using and aggressively tucked my larger higher branches to bring things as low as possible without snapping branches.

My question, what would you guys do in this situation?

Flip? My screen is already going to be quite full once the lower plants reach the height of the screen.

veg for another week to fill out more then flip?

Veg until screen full and continue to tuck up until week 4?

Another question, when would you prune out the bottom? Keeping in mind I want to take most for my next run SOG.

Scrog out of height your opinions please help
Scrog out of height your opinions please help 2
Scrog out of height your opinions please help 3
Scrog out of height your opinions please help 4
NewWorld

NewWorld

You might be pushed for height when they stretch.

As regards to flipping I would say to give them a week to recover from the LST. Wouldnt leave them too long because of your height issue.

If you were to flip in a week i'd clear some fan leafs now also and lollipop.

I'm sure others will say differently 🙈😂

Blakeja

Blakeja

You might be pushed for height when they stretch.

As regards to flipping I would say to give them a week to recover from the LST. Wouldnt leave them too long because of your height issue.

If you were to flip in a week i'd clear some fan leafs now also and lollipop.

I'm sure others will say differently 🙈😂

or not say anything lol, thanks for your input. Anyone else have any words of advice?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I like the work on your set-up. You are going to be pressed for height, so the sooner you flip the better IMO. Good job of using the net to keep things going horizontal as much as possible. That will work in your favor, continue to do that. Plants are looking good :)

I might clean up a few of the bottom leaves and anything that is more than 4" below the net, but overall, the height between the light and the bottom of the plant looks less than 24", so you should still get some decent light penetration down there. I just like to clean up the bottom leaves so they don't trap moisture coming off of the soil.

Blakeja

Blakeja

Why can't you just cut the legs off the table?

I could, I built this table for my next run the height is such so my portable A/C can fit underneath the table for summer.

next run is going to be clone SOG so I don’t want to modify the table for this run when I get wont be running this height next go.

Blakeja

Blakeja

I like the work on your set-up. You are going to be pressed for height, so the sooner you flip the better IMO. Good job of using the net to keep things going horizontal as much as possible. That will work in your favor, continue to do that. Plants are looking good :)

I might clean up a few of the bottom leaves and anything that is more than 4" below the net, but overall, the height between the light and the bottom of the plant looks less than 24", so you should still get some decent light penetration down there. I just like to clean up the bottom leaves so they don't trap moisture coming off of the soil.

thanks for the input Chad, I will be flipping and cleaning up below the net this evening. The way I look at it and after hearing from everyone I think I will just keep tucking for the first three weeks of flower to fill up what’s remaining in the net and keep them low through stretch.

worst come to worst if I start noticing any damage from lighting I will pull the net and plants cut the table down and putt new legs on it next run.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Just my opinion but if that was my setup I would flip now. They will power through the LST with the surge of hormones and you are going to need the space you have in the scrog now to tuck the stretching plants under. If you wait and fill the scrog first, your babies are going to be above the light in a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️ I could be wrong though, is it a stretchy strain?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Could you do the supercrop thing on them, I know it can be a little risky with snapping stems but why not give it a go
Yeah, I don't wanna start throwing up pics in your thread but check out my profile I've been supercropping up to the 3rd week of flower

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Could you do the supercrop thing on them, I know it can be a little risky with snapping stems but why not give it a go
Get that snapping word out of your head. Think "crushing". You are basically gently rolling the stem between your fingers until you feel the pholem and xylem get a little squishy. Then you again, gently bend over, or really just let the stem fall over under it's own weight. Done this way you will rarely snap a branch. If you do (like I just did pics r up) you can duct tape it back.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Exhale bags aren't really "running co2" 🤣

The effectiveness of it is being wasted which is why I asked if he’s running active ventilation during daylight hours. If he only exhausts at night then that’s fine but otherwise I’d save a few bucks. But hey that’s me.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Get that snapping word out of your head. Think "crushing". You are basically gently rolling the stem between your fingers until you feel the pholem and xylem get a little squishy. Then you again, gently bend over, or really just let the stem fall over under it's own weight. Done this way you will rarely snap a branch. If you do (like I just did pics r up) you can duct tape it back.

Yeah I have seen how it is supposed to be done but haven't actually tried it, hopefully I won't snap anything when I do, I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks just for fun and because I have 6 plants to play with so it's not a disaster if I screw up a little :-)

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Yeah I have seen how it is supposed to be done but haven't actually tried it, hopefully I won't snap anything when I do, I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks just for fun and because I have 6 plants to play with so it's not a disaster if I screw up a little :-)
I dont want to be that guy...but if you mean flip in a few weeks you're out of time dude. If you're afraid of low yield by flipping now, waiting too long is going to be a much bigger issue to deal with. Again, just my humble opinion. 👍

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I dont want to be that guy...but if you mean flip in a few weeks you're out of time dude. If you're afraid of low yield by flipping now, waiting too long is going to be a much bigger issue to deal with. Again, just my humble opinion. 👍
Sorry, no I meant trying the supercrop thing, mine are autos so no flipping, I'm on a 24/0 light schedule.

Madmax

Madmax

The net could of came down more..say another 8 inches...that would of helped a litte bit.
Supercropings very easy to manipulate to the direction you want it to go.i support with tape and stick so it dont bend down too far...ive down mine mostly outdoors but have used it in my first grow indoors..works a treat 👍

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Sorry, no I meant trying the supercrop thing, mine are autos so no flipping, I'm on a 24/0 light schedule.
I got totally confused and thought you were the OP my bad! 🤷‍♂️🤣

Top Bottom