• Tagged users None
M

MCPotential

Oregon
Tangie
SCROG
In ground
Clone

So my flowers are not blossoming and I think it could be the following please vote if you don't have time to detail msg.

I do know I was over watering but not much it's been blazing hot recently this summer.

Vote:
A-Russet Mites
B-Moles Gopher
C-Nuits Def.
D-RootRot
E-Other (detail)

Scrog stunt w pics vote please
Scrog stunt w pics vote please 2
Scrog stunt w pics vote please 3
DGP

DGP

I don't know but we have seen a real bad wave of russets. I am in Western Oregon. Been fogging on sulphur for the last 2 weeks with an atomizer, nothing living on the plants now but it is worrisome.

You need to scope the backs of your leaves if you even suspect russets or any bugs. Your leaves don't looked screwed up as they would if you had russets. My plants are still in pre-flower as well, not showing fully yet.

Roughly where are you in Oregon?

Dee

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
If anything C, I’m west of Portland. I haven’t had any issues with russet mites just grasshoppers, basterds. I’ve got flowers coming in the last 2 weeks.
0B6058D6 FE10 41FA A766 80B7F35759A5
45DC4751 48D5 4D32 8D8F AE698D78CE6E

M

MCPotential

Yeah I live in outter SE like clackamas, but don't russets stay on top the leaf? I got russets in the garden for sure and sulfur burnt them, totally f'd up my other plants once the sun came out the next morning

Pics before sulfur, Mites (I think) and after sulfur sucks

IMG 20180821 070518
IMG 20180821 070812
IMG 20180822 153852
IMG 20180822 153945
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah I live in outter SE like clackamas, but don't russets stay on top the leaf? I got russets in the garden for sure and sulfur burnt them, totally f'd up my other plants once the sun came out the next morning

Pics before sulfur, Mites (I think) and after sulfur sucks
That sucks bro, sorry to see that.

M

MCPotential

Could of been cuz I sprayed been week prior (oil base) then sulfur burnt but didn't touch the scrog, see pic today

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Good possibility, are the flowers in your first pics drying up?

M

MCPotential

All the yellow stuff isn't drying up, only reason I haven't defoliated them yet same with greenhouse n back check

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Burned, shitty. Pluck all those burned up leaves so she can start recovery.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Natural and Organic Remedies
Isopropyl or Rubbing Alcohol is a great inexpensive way to attack the adult russet mites.

Best to treat before flower, but will still work in early flower before the trichome development.

Note this will not take care of the eggs , you will need another solution listed below.

Use a 1:1 ratio of 90 percent or higher alcohol with water and spray on your cannabis plants

Neem oil Neem oil an excellent natural remedy to help your garden for a various number of issues known to be an insecticide, miticide, and fungicide.

The Neem oil can be used in getting rid of russet mites when applied at the early stage.

Do not use too often and not recommended in flower. It’s Recommended to use diluted with water.

Safer Soap is a 3 in 1 solution for mites, insecticides and a fungicides, this is USDA approved and can be used on organics.

It is not recommended to use past the second week of flower. Safer soap contains sulfur.

Green Cleaner is an all natural way to stop all kinds of mites hemp russet included. The ingredients are corn oil, soybean oil, iso alcohol, magnesium sulphate, quillaja saponaria, sodium chloride.

The great thing with green cleaner mites do not become immune to it! Check it out.

Insecticide soap is another way to stop the mites when first noticing them, made from plant derived fatty acids.

This soap will suffocate the mites and affect their feeding patterns. Remember to spray before the lights go out.

Enssentri ic3 is an insecticide that uses peppermint and rosemary wintergreen oil along with other organics.

Used to block the neurotransmitters of the insect. Also recommended for bed bugs.

This solution does not last too long on the plants only around 7-8 hours so multiple application may be required.

Diatomaceous earth is a natural food supplement that is made from fossilized plankton. Diatomaceous can also be used in the soil when growing to prevent hemp russet mites from infesting your plants it also contains silica.

This is just a preventive measure to stop the mites from infesting your plant.

For proper handling here is a resource from: The International Diatomite Producers Association (IDPA).

Beneficial nematodes can be used for growing outdoors when keeping soil out over the winter, can prevent a future outbreak in the spring and summer when your plants are starting back up.

Organocide Organocide is an organic 3 in 1 solution for miticide, insecticide, and fungicide. I have used it in root aphid outbreak.

Organocide uses all natural oils and ingredients. This may be an effective way to get rid of the mites for your garden.

Bugs and Predators
Lady bugs, a natural russet mites predator, can be introduced to your marijuana garden to try and eradicate the russet mite.

They like to eat the mites all day long. Usually, the ladybugs can be found at your local grow store or on Amazon with live delivery!

Predatory Mites such as Amblyseius cucumeris, A. fallacis, and A. swirskii). These predatory mites can be hung from the bottom of your plant's branches which should be stripped of leaves.

Mostly available through a beneficial insect supplier in your area. Or even on Amazon!

Extreme Remedies
Avid is a crazy strong miticide that is not recommended because it is very expensive and harsh on your plants should be used as a last resort. Also, do not use avid when in flower if you attempt it.

Azamax is a product that can best use a s a 3 in 1 insect killer; it uses Azadirachtin with food grade formulation to stop your mites in its track, through starving a disrupting the nervous system.

Floramite is a very strong miticide just like avid and is not recommended to use with cannabis plants. If you do caution is strongly advised.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I would suggest green cleaner. My buddy turned me on to it. Works great but it’s pretty expensive. It can be sprayed up to the day of harvest. It will burn if sprayed during light cycle.

Top Bottom