SCROG VS Cages

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Why choose cages over a Screen for the UC and vice-versa?

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Thank you so much for all of your responses! It's so generous of you to share your expertise and most of all your time!

DS - What do you build your cages out of?

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

if your using undercurrent buckets and want cages the burpee tomato cages are perfect.. i absolutly love mine their like $35 for 3.. they fit nice and snug over the buckets perfectly almost like that what they were made for..

T

tipper619sd

if your using undercurrent buckets and want cages the burpee tomato cages are perfect.. i absolutly love mine their like $35 for 3.. they fit nice and snug over the buckets perfectly almost like that what they were made for..

so the 3 cages will work for all the buckets ???

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

snug to the bucket is fine for baby UC plants. Id be looking more for 10-12 feet around fencing if your trying to do decent numbers.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

so the 3 cages will work for all the buckets ???
no i meant you will need 1 cage per bucket.. i said the 3 bucket for $35 because you cant buy just 1 cage from burpee, you have to buy 3packs.. Sry for the confusion.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

snug to the bucket is fine for baby UC plants. Id be looking more for 10-12 feet around fencing if your trying to do decent numbers.
Thats funny... Baby plants?? That is an absurd statement.. I have seen great grows with these cages.. Its honestly just a preferance on how big you want the cage... How much space you have in between plants, vertical or horizontal light, How much training do you want to do to the plants... Ihave my cages to simply keep the plants from falling over onto one another and to seprate the branches a little bit and to train them a little bit in veg... DS i checked out your cages and they are only a tiny bit bigger than the burpee cages.. You have like a inch between the cage and the bucket?? right?? So what is the size of your plants?? They also have a lot smaller holes which confine the plant more not allowing them to extend out of the cage but rather to keep them bottled up in the cage... I have seen both types of cages work well and to say you will have baby plants if your cages are snug is insane...

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Thats funny... Baby plants?? That is an absurd statement.. I have seen great grows with these cages.. Its honestly just a preferance on how big you want the cage... How much space you have in between plants, vertical or horizontal light, How much training do you want to do to the plants... Ihave my cages to simply keep the plants from falling over onto one another and to seprate the branches a little bit and to train them a little bit in veg... DS i checked out your cages and they are only a tiny bit bigger than the burpee cages.. You have like a inch between the cage and the bucket?? right?? So what is the size of your plants?? They also have a lot smaller holes which confine the plant more not allowing them to extend out of the cage but rather to keep them bottled up in the cage... I have seen both types of cages work well and to say you will have baby plants if your cages are snug is insane...
Honestly, the only thing coming out of DS that is insane is the size/quality of his work,......you may not agree with what the Desertsquirrel is telling you, but you have to understand he is going for the largest, frostiest most density he can create and makes every choice with the intention of pushing the size and GPW to its maximum, look at a few of his posts, check out his attention to detail and look at his long term success both as a grower/photographer and as a system builder/tester then if you have a problem with my HERO only getting 4+# out of 1000watts feel free to call him late for breakfast ~ just remember to never call him insane!!

silverhaze

silverhaze

Honestly, the only thing coming out of DS that is insane is the size/quality of his work,......you may not agree with what the Desertsquirrel is telling you, but you have to understand he is going for the largest, frostiest most density he can create and makes every choice with the intention of pushing the size and GPW to its maximum, look at a few of his posts, check out his attention to detail and look at his long term success both as a grower/photographer and as a system builder/tester then if you have a problem with my HERO only getting 4+# out of 1000watts feel free to call him late for breakfast ~ just remember to never call him insane!!

Agreed UCMETOO: If DS is insane when it comes to growing weed, I want to be insane like that too.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

wow guys how bout u jump on DS dick a little harder.... i was simply saying his cages are just a tiny bit bigger than the burpee cages... So by him saying burpee cages=baby plants is insane because his plants are obviously big and his cages are maybe 10% bigger... That is all

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Those are not "my cages" that was one of the facilities i worked at/consult for. I recommended larger ones. As you will see next thread i post. Baby was not derogatory, often that size is a better yelider given the light/space.... no need to get so touchy. I dont think that was what the question was posed about though. And thanks guys.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Let me see I started with mesh than 3" wire fence than tomato cages but one day when working in the garden on branch broke and hit me in the head, fell over and woke up 20 min later. Now I use red top cattle wire like DS and have not had a problem since. In fact I cut the plant off at the pot and use the cattle cages as a carrying case to move them to the trimming room.

Plants at 6 weeks with 3 1/2 to go.
IMGP8156

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Let me see I started with mesh than 3" wire fence than tomato cages but one day when working in the garden on branch broke and hit me in the head, fell over and woke up 20 min later. Now I use red top cattle wire like DS and have not had a problem since. In fact I cut the plant off at the pot and use the cattle cages as a carrying case to move them to the trimming room.

Plants at 6 weeks with 3 1/2 to go.
View attachment 265660

right on.

They work as drying racks nice as well.

TurboNugs

TurboNugs

If i only had the room i would use cages...hopefully this scrog will net decent for me.

On a side note...DS is the Billy-badass of these systems (not nut swinging) and yes everything in his garden is tailored to his size grow. So if you wanna do like him just tailor things size wise to your area.

F

fuzzy

You could always use less buckets, spread them out more and using vert lighting as well.peace,fuzzy

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've been tying down for a long time and more recently tried trellising. Cages really kick up the output that much, really? And what other changes should I make to accomodate cages?

Latest posts

Top Bottom