Scrog Vs Mainline

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Makes a cool picture but in no way shape or form gives a better yield.all that cutting,bending and topping slows down the entire process.throw up a net and let everything grow vertical and than spread it all out.you already got the picture.

To the original poster I would get a couple grows under your belt and get some healthy plants going before you even think about training plants.
Your just adding more headache to an already lengthy process.
Put out some healthy plants,get a couple grows under your belt,master all the basics and any issues your GOING to deal with.
Than work on plant training

If one bents EVERY stem yeah, it could slow down a little, but really what’s going to slow down???
When done properly the slowdown is no greater than the slowdown you get when properly scrogging.
And yes
There is a slow down when properly scroged.
And I believe I said that my mainlines output has not beat the output of my scrog.
This is in reference to MY grow space and tech.
Things may be different if your grow space is different from mine.
Pics are Allways good to look at.
As stated I only bend those that need it and has not slowed down a bit.
Everyone has a different grow setup.
As of now all my veg ( mainlineing) is done in my veg Chamber then into my bloom cab.
With a proper scrog I will have to add 2 weeks onto my grow schedule to fill my screen.
I also believe I meantioned in my previous post that I went to mainline due to my scrog setup was hurting my busted up knees...
( old football and hockey injuries)
After my last post I have made adjustments to my cab enough that I can try to do another scrog nextvrun. ( my knees will tell me if I’ve made enough of a adjustment)
I have been scrogging for over 20 years so I get it.
Have not decided on netting material ( 1 inch openings) but do know I’ll be useing adjustable curtain rods to hold the netting in place.
The added 2 weeks to fill the screen sucks but I’ve dealt with it before and will deal with it again.

Last edited:
Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

Mainline/manifolding definitely has potential to increase yield. When ever a plant is mainlined the trunk and supporting limbs tend to overcompensate from the stress and added time in the veg tent and engorge themselves to get strong and thick, if you run your wet dry cycles right and get a decent root mass, by the time you flip you're set to grow big green baseball bat sized collas! I would suggest for a newbie to start with mainlining , teaches patience, understanding of nodes, basic trimming and cutting practices and an intimate understanding of how to manipulate a plants growth to turbo charge production (much the same as a good scrog will) . If a novice tried to scrog i would imagine too many plants under the nets, humidity and light penetration issues from colas being too close. PLUS mainlining is very straight forward, only really one technique to use (nugbuckets tutorial is great) and if you fuck up, worse you will do is have 4 or 5 bigger domimant colas and 3-4 smaller colas on each plant or if they snap on ya during veg you still have others that will take up the space. When Ive tried to find info to help on scorgs done in the past ive felt lost in the wealth of opinions and techniques used. Hahaha it seems forums have been the hardest to get an answer from. Even just trying to get a definition of scrog and sog was hard because it means different things to different growers. I feel a scrog needs a bit more intimate plant training/care knowledge to reap the benefits that would be best suited to a experienced grower. Everyone does it different! Thats why we are all on here to figure what we wanna do!
Either way you'll end up with some produce to enjoy!
Peace

Top Bottom