Scrog Vs. Trellis what's the difference?

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

So I realized the difference between a Scrog and a trellis.

It's how long you let your plants grow before flipping to 12/12.

If you flip too late, you will run out of horizontal space and what you intended to be a scrog is now a trellis.

Happened to me on my first try. Next run I will flip earlier. What happened was I filled the screen too fast and ran out of space to keep tucking the main branches.

Scrog vs trellis whats the difference
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

A trellis is for support, a scrog is for training. Essentially the same thing, but a trellis isn't as dense
Nothing you said is incorrect.

My point was that if you wait to flip to 12/12 until your canopy is full, then you will run out of horizontal space, and the training that you did will be meaningless and now you're just trellising.

One is not wrong, but if you want to truly Scrog and not just have some netting, you need to flip earlier than I did or else your main colas will still overtake the small ones.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Nothing you said is incorrect.

My point was that if you wait to flip to 12/12 until your canopy is full, then you will run out of horizontal space, and the training that you did will be meaningless and now you're just trellising.

One is not wrong, but if you want to truly Scrog and not just have some netting, you need to flip earlier than I did or else your main colas will still overtake the small ones.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Haha, you and me both. I entered a scrog with whole hearted intentions of having a nice, level bed of buds. Then stretch hit, was unable to keep up with the training, and still have a bed of buds, but those buds are using buds as their own bed. Should've done two layers of netting.

Madmax

Madmax

Once you start training earlier and netting is down like a ft or so more you will fill the screen quicker..

Top Bottom