Scrog - When To Start? -- First Time Grower

• Thread starter HazePhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HazePhase

Hello Everyone,

I will start off telling you about my situation.

Started: Solo Cups
week 3: 2 gallons pots
week 6: 15 gallon smart pots final home

I have SCROGCO screens 2x2 - going to be having 4 plants in their 15 gallon smart pot and their own individual screen.

Currently at week 4.
I was thinking I would be okay to grow for another 2-3 weeks roughly in veg in the 2 gallons and then move them into the 15 gallons and put the SCROGs on and start training them through.

My Question:
- is that going to be too late to start doing that at this point - I was told it should be fine and I have attached a picture of my best plant so far.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Undergrowth
iKharon

iKharon

Hello Everyone,

I will start off telling you about my situation.

Started: Solo Cups
week 3: 2 gallons pots
week 6: 15 gallon smart pots final home

I have SCROGCO screens 2x2 - going to be having 4 plants in their 15 gallon smart pot and their own individual screen.

Currently at week 4.
I was thinking I would be okay to grow for another 2-3 weeks roughly in veg in the 2 gallons and then move them into the 15 gallons and put the SCROGs on and start training them through.

My Question:
- is that going to be too late to start doing that at this point - I was told it should be fine and I have attached a picture of my best plant so far.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Doesn't look like you've topped at all... do you intend on topping them?

iKharon

iKharon

Typically you top to get more mains, then plant tie/LST to bush out in veg, then flip to flower and let them stretch to the screen.. then you can start tucking the mains under your trellis net

iKharon

iKharon

15 gallons is a pretty big container I think you're overdoing it a little bit
Hb
Agreed. That would be good for one massively vegged indoor plant that's been made a bush.. besides, a little root binding is not a bad thing. I don't go bigger than 3 gal smart pots indoors. 30 gal outdoors tho ;)

H

HazePhase

Typically you top to get more mains, then plant tie/LST to bush out in veg, then flip to flower and let them stretch to the screen.. then you can start tucking the mains under your trellis net

No I haven't I don't know much about it.
Going to try and find time to read more this weekend.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
It looks ready to top unless you want the cut to be a rooted clone then you should let it grow another inch or two. If you just want to grow it out you could pinch off the top with your thumbnail now and it would trigger the plant to grow out those side branches.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I haven't scroged before but I can say you need to top first as the Dr said to start the laterals to set them selves up You can check out the post I put up on LST training I did this morning , good luck keep us posted .

H

HazePhase

It looks ready to top unless you want the cut to be a rooted clone then you should let it grow another inch or two. If you just want to grow it out you could pinch off the top with your thumbnail now and it would trigger the plant to grow out those side branches.

I ended up topping 3of6 this morning to compare.
Girls are heading to sleep at 9am and waking at 5pm will check on them after work :)

Might be time for some
Barley SST

Top Bottom