Scrogging screen height

• Thread starter southern
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

southern

How high above your buckets do you guys have your scrog screen? And any little tips with scrogging would help as well. :hi

J

jimbobthe3rd

1ft above the pot for my 1st scrogging net, then 1.5ft above that net for the support net. Working from clone. Many people may do it many different ways, but the sooner u can start bending and such your girl the quicker it will fill out the net :).

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like room to work and get to the pots, so I like at least 18" under the screen.

S

southern

Thanks for the input. Mine is 3 and a half feet from the floor. Bad mistake bc there's some side branches that didn't make it and is kind of leaning over now. I think I'll do 1 foot above buckets so that will probably be 2 feet above floor.

S

ScrOGer

8-12" above the bucket for me. I used to make carts for the buckets. 2 plants per bucket. I could roll them around, pull them out if i need to, easy to move into the flower room. made 2" chicken wire frames for the screens.

you shouldnt need support, if you train the branches under the screen thru the first 2 weeks of flower too. you should get 21" max tops if you train thru....

Scrog in the dark 4x10ft
24UnderSkirt
1Top25
SideView After
S

southern

Wow thats some impressive scrogging. I see why your sn is scroger lol.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

8-12" above the bucket for me. I used to make carts for the buckets. 2 plants per bucket. I could roll them around, pull them out if i need to, easy to move into the flower room. made 2" chicken wire frames for the screens.

you shouldnt need support, if you train the branches under the screen thru the first 2 weeks of flower too. you should get 21" max tops if you train thru....

That's it right there. Q for you: How full is the screen when you flip and at what point do you let the branches through?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I've been finding 8-12" to be the money spot too, depending on the growth structure of the plant. I flip at roughly 75% of the screen, but after reading some posts, I think I'm going to try letting the screen fill completely and have a second trellis for support if necessary

S

ScrOGer

That's it right there. Q for you: How full is the screen when you flip and at what point do you let the branches through?

Depends on the stretch during first couple of weeks of 12/12.

big stretchy girls: I do either 50% - 60% or 60% - 70%

Shorter ladies: 70% - 80%

The pics of the screen is from what happens when you veg too long. Had three of those carts under a 1000w and got a little over 1 & 1/3# totally over grown min trees. I had 36"-39" tops all over. Stretched like crazy!!!

It was back in 2003.... before and after:

SideView B4
DF21 Trees side1
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I apologize for being off topic, but I'm just browsing and this question came to mind and is some what relevant as it has to do with scrogging. could somebody give me a quick run through of what their harvest is like? I would imagine its. disaster and pain in the ass to work those buds back through the net without damaging the trichomes?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, one of the reason why I don't like ScroGs. I simply cut the buds, didn't try to weave them back through the screen. Problematic for me because I prefer to hang the whole plant dry, not individual buds or branches.

kaydeeze

kaydeeze

Thay is some impressive scrogg mate fair play. Do you have any sugestions for mine ??? Here are some pictures u took yesterday. The bigger one is bb cheese from seed 27 days old. The oher one us original ammo 2 days old. It's not enough space for the ammo that will be moved soon as the cheese fillers out a little more. My screen is 14"from the top of my pot is thus ok you think??? It's my firs time.lol

20160730 143850
20160730 143947
20160730 143837
20160730 144102
F

freeker

kaydeeze, how did that grow go? This looks like a good start, but I am curious how it has gone. Looks like you are also using the old Mars Hydro 300w lights that I have. I use two of them side by side and that does a much better job than just one.

kaydeeze

kaydeeze

kaydeeze, how did that grow go? This looks like a good start, but I am curious how it has gone. Looks like you are also using the old Mars Hydro 300w lights that I have. I use two of them side by side and that does a much better job than just one.
I've been busy my man but the bb cheese is just coming to 5weeks flower and the amnesia has been on a weird path to flowering? Had nitrogen problems/heat problems and almost got rid of her but she's doing ok now SLOW!!
I have about 7/8 week on the ammo so once the bb cheese scrogg is done I will move the ammo in to thar space with the bigger spread of light.

I also have a couple autos going too
girl scout coockie/northen express?
I really want to grow them in 1gal pots but some growers say I will only yeild about 10/15 grams???? Might dona transplant to 2gal pots in a few weeks once they to root out...

Firs 2 pictures is the cheese
second is the ammo
3rd is the auto coockies/northen express.
20160912 222954
20160912 045548
20160912 223226
20160912 073747
20160912 073834

kaydeeze

kaydeeze

Super cool grow room man.

I will be working towards grow room perfection along my gardening journey!
I have a long way too go?

Top Bottom