SCROGing for dummies..questions that are probably dumb

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Hi there,

Will be running 3x3 fabric net scrog in my 4x4 Tent attached to my structure polls.
Four plants
I have questions, that you may be able to answer from experience.

1) height, is it beneficial to run a tall screen (large plants) if you have the vertical space? As this generally provides larger flowers in the end or is the idea to keep the plants short and fill the screen ASAP? I would think this would provide smalls? I’m thinking about getting tall established plants and weaving out?

2) topping, I read a lot about this method being a easy form of promoting vertical training. I am a firm believer that the less you stress the plant the better. Is it possible to run a full size plant and just weave the terminal branch throughout strategically?

3) access, thinking about the methods I would like to follow from previous grows.
I like to lollipop which I think may be difficult if you have a low canopy to top of pot distance.
I also like full defoliation on day 21 flower and think this may be difficult to achieve from front of my tent reaching in 4 feet to the back.

4) pot location for weaving, 7 Gal pots x4 where is the logic place to have them for access all around? I plan on not topping and running the terminal branch linear.

Any other tips tricks one wouldn’t learn or know off internet blogs would be nice

Top Bottom