Scrubber Question

• Thread starter Steel Erection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steel Erection

I need to get a couple of scrubbers and I found a deal on Mountain Air Filters the rooms are 8 x 11 x 8. The filters have a recommended high cfm of 435 but they have a 8" flange. I can't seem to find a 8" fan with a low enough cfm. Would it be ok to use a 6" fan with a reducer? Also would this size filter be good for these rooms. And the last question is how do the Mountain Air Filters stack up against other brands? It was to my understanding that they were a very good product. Thanks- SE

Also would using this as a scrubber cause positive pressure inside the room itself?

Mountian Air Carbon Filter
Low CFM High CFM
8" flange - 12" dia. x 20" long 360 435

M

MIway

Have to remember that when pulling through a filter, the true cfm's will be reduced, so an 8" vortex rated at 750 cfm with zero resistance will likely drop by a couple of hundred points... depending... doubt that fan will be too much for the filter, though on a 2'r, I'd likely use a 6" on a reducer myself. And there are speed controls as well.

BTW... mountain air works well... as do can's, just from experience.

S

Seed Buyer

CAN, makers of CAN fans & filters recommend double the cfm for scrubbing. So when using their 6" filters w/ a max cfm rating of 450 cfm's they would say use a 900 cfm fan to scrub. Maybe something to think about. Below is a link w/ their recommendations.

I

Indicated

"Also would using this as a scrubber cause positive pressure inside the room itself?"

positive pressure results from bringing more air into a space than being removed and negitive pressure results from removing more air than being supplied..no matter what type equipment your using..simple as that

Latest posts

Top Bottom