ScuzyRoach's 2nd Jack Herrer, 10 gal soil, 4000w w/ new Magnum xxxl's

• Thread starter ScuzyRoach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

This will be my 2nd full room of Jack. I got 6 1/2 #'s off of 20 3 1/2 gal pots w/ 5k watts in the last grow. This is my person grow at my house so its a bit smaller. The room is 8'x12'. I only have juice for 4k watts here. I got 4 new 8" xxxl magnum hoods and 8" maxfan for air cooling. It pulls directly from outside source w/ booster fan on intake as well. I also still have my 6" HO can fan pulling from the room/filter. I set up a drip system this time as well so i can save myself from crawling through the bush. 1/4 hp Iwaki pump delivers 30 gals in about 7 minutes. I am used to hand watering so i wanted as rapid of a delivery system as i could figure. Floor is slightly raised. I rimmed the room, putting the ledger boards on angles to create a tilt and thus a gravity style drain in one corner which goes out the back of the garage. 2x6 ripped floor joists as well. Tarp the plywood and your'e good to go. This keeps my pots off the ground which can get pretty cold during the winter months, plus it allows for the drain. I lost height but am trying larger pots this time instead. I am using 10 gal. bags, so only 15 plants. Bottom layer is hydroton rock, then a mix of perlite and sunshine organic (like their #4mix).
I transplanted on July 18th from 1/2 gal pots @ about 8". They got 2 1/2 weeks veg. and were flipped on Aug.5 to 12/12. I run a mix of Fox Farm base nutes w/ GH additives. Canna's root products and I also use mollasses ($10 5 gal.) from the local feed store. Sometimes I use gravity depending on the strain.
I decided to try the 10 gal bags because they have the same height as 3 1/2 gal pots so i gain root mass w/out losing room for growth. I rapped them w/ 36" mesh wire. It has big enough holes to still reach through and a lot of places to pull branches through. Hoping to get them bushy before they explode upward during flower. I have roots coming out the bottoms holes already and thats only a few weeks in. Here are some pics from today.
garage_009_Large_.jpg

garage_008_Large_.jpg

garage_005_Large_.jpg

drain_Large_.jpg

floor_Large_.jpg

garage_002_Large_.jpg

garage_001_Large_.jpg

Off and running again. :boogie:

S

supasticky

Nice bro! Jack Herer is some of the best weed I've ever run into so I'll be watching this grow for sure!

-Supa

Top Bottom