SDGE Medical Rate? Panel Upgrade Legal?

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.

Is anybody using SDGE's medical rate? If a doctor signs off on the SDGE application that you need additional power for heating or cooling for a life threatening illnesses then you pay only .13/kwh instead of .30!

If an electrician upgrades my electrical and hooks up new wiring to the main line that is already coming in from the power line, do I need a permit? If I don't get a permit does anyone know what, if any, could be a consequence? Upgrade was to handle 11 lights, 3 2 ton mini splits, etc..

Thanks

W

weedfarm

I am pretty sure any electrical work will require a permit, especially if upgrading service.

Typically the panel installed matches the lines coming to the house. If you need more power, you will probably need bigger lines coming in from the pole. Plus this involves the electric company.

I know some sparkies are going to chime in here, so I am curious, what if you have underground service?

BTW do you think 11 lights is going to be eligible for a life threatening disease?

S

strictlyOG

dude just go with the regular rates. i used 9000watts and my bill came in under $300 i think it was like $287 or something now i bumped it up to 11k so lets see what that will come out to. lol yeah and i forgot to mention that month i had 9k running 24/7 for veg. lol

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Some also allow you to use that if you have a disability that requires you to use a powered wheelchair. Those suck up alot of power.

M

Mr.

I did the math on how many kwh's I will use and at what rate per tier. If I get the medical discounted rate my bill will drop almost 50%.

STrictly OG, I have no idea how you can pay only that much for 9k of lights, but I definitely wish that I did.

weedfarm, i believe that 100+ lights would be eligible for my unique "life threatening illness", but I also think that it may be tough to get it approved, but I will try.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
dude just go with the regular rates. i used 9000watts and my bill came in under $300 i think it was like $287 or something now i bumped it up to 11k so lets see what that will come out to. lol yeah and i forgot to mention that month i had 9k running 24/7 for veg. lol
That was *not* using SDG&E as your power supplier. When I lived down there in the 90's my 1br apartment power bill never got below $120/mth. Something tells me it is highly unlikely that their rates have gone down, especially that much.

Mr., I honestly don't see your doctor signing off on that, or SDG&E being cool with over 11K in watts being charged at those rates. But if you succeed, good on ya!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Hello peeps,
First of all strictly OG it is not cool to spout BS.
SDG&E will do the rates for us med pateints.
I have the rate myself. And am running a total of 11,000 watts.
Even with the discount my bill is 1900$ a month.
San diego is way too expensive. My buddy 15min away in temecula running more lights then me. And his bill is only 400$ a month.

I hate san diego.

J

Jalisco Kid

Hello peeps,
San diego is way too expensive. My buddy 15min away in temecula running more lights then me. And his bill is only 400$ a month.

I hate san diego.

"I hate san diego." I bet you don't.
It cost me 85 for a permit to upgrade to 400a. The sdge will pull new cable to your meter but that costs.

S

strictlyOG

Hello peeps,

I hate san diego.

NO BS HERE BOSSMAN. my buddys run the same systems and their bills are the same as yours. they all said what the F#@k when i opened my envelope with my bill. lmao! but back to the point all my stuff is legit i work with a co-op which is a non-profit organization and no tapps here i pay for all my bills legit. i even contacted my carrier and i asked them 4 different times within a two month span and they confirmed that the bills were correct. on my bill it even says the wattage i used. but i also have my stuff converted to 240v and i use MLC-X4 boxes to convert to 110v outlet for each room. hope that helps. btw i dont have any special packages or any cuts on my plan its all on a regular plan. and i dont really waste electricity throughout the house only when i play COD on my ps3. the funny part is my neighbors bills are higher but they all have big familys. im in a rather upscale neighborhood so the estates here are quiet large so keep in mind that these home's already use alot of power throughout the house because it is so large and most of my neighbors just leave their lights on all day not seeming to mind what their bill might come to. im just a regular kid who goes to a university and my goal is to reach out to all of the ill patients throughout CA. my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. im totally against prescription drugs. as i seen it ruin my mothers life right in front of my eyes. so that is the reason i do what i do.

Top Bottom