sea bird guanno

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats best way to apply sea bird guano???

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Top-dress scratched into the top inch or so of the soil, then watered in well. You want to avoid it caking.
Hopefully did not overdo. Used about 1 1/2 cup in 5 gallon bucket mixed with 8 year old goat manure, depending on pot size about 1/2 bucket per plant........will water well....

soserthc1

soserthc1

I use about a cup in a 5 gal container top dressed like sea stated and never any issues , don't think the extra half of cup will hurt .
Thou i do have a question to those that also use it ,

Do you add in veg , beginning of flower or a few weeks in ?

peace soser

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use about a cup in a 5 gal container top dressed like sea stated and never any issues , don't think the extra half of cup will hurt .
Thou i do have a question to those that also use it ,

Do you add in veg , beginning of flower or a few weeks in ?

peace soser
:o <--- Whenever I remember, d'oh!

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

depends on the NPK value .i used some in an organic soil i mixed that was high in nitrogen .

soserthc1

soserthc1

depends on the NPK value .i used some in an organic soil i mixed that was high in nitrogen .
yes that is true most are 0-12-0 so thinking around second week of flower thou prob would matter when as 12-p can be added without harm anytime in flower before flush .....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have two types, one is something like 10-0-0, the other is 0-10-0.

organicozarks

organicozarks

Seabird guano can be hot when mixed directly in the soil.So be careful if mixing up a batch of soil. Top dress is by far the safest way to use it.

There are two main types of seabird guano. 0-12-0 which most everyone has seen, and then there is Peruvian seabird guano which is 12-11-2. obviously the 0-12-0 is great for a boost of P in flower (some think that it is not important, and I fully understand that). The other (Peruvian) is a great all purpose that you could apply in the beginning, and reap the rewards through the entire grow.

Just some things to ponder for all ya'll growers out thar!

Top Bottom