Sea-Crop/Ormus

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

cheers for your input but all i have done is remove the salt from my grow, the nutes they are on they were already on but at lowered concentrations... The basis of this style of growing which has been patented and trialled for many years is you grow with 1000ppm-2000ppm of sea salt alongside 1/4 - 1/2 strength nutrients (hydroponically).. If i was growing in soil i wouldn't be experimenting as i've tried most combinations of things and would be confident i would never lose a plant but i am new to dwc. i have figured since posting in this thread that the reasons i am not getting great results is the salt i should be using is 8 times better (sea 90).. seeing as i have scraped along with the wrong salt, the salt switch should make all the difference...

so in theory germinating in 15000ppm sea 90 is only 225 ppm of trace elements.... considering i'm using RO that is just a hearty background ppm. thats not including the high level of NaCl which accompany it and are necessary for those trace elements to be absorbed.. thats why i have read the suggested levels to be this high, and have read a lot higher...... its similar to growing on volcanic soil but its water.. You don't need typical npk contributions, just a splash on N in veg and P in flower... The idea is to grow much more chemically complex plants that possess great attributes such as greater nutrition, flavour, oil production, resistance to pests and shorter ripening times... If done properly it supposedly will increase your yields but i am more interested in growing organic hydroponically with a cleanish looking rez. oh how much easier would it be if i just didn't care...

Oh, it makes more sense now. I really didn't understand before, but you seem to know what your talking about and the Sea 90 is probably the major factor your missing, have fun and good luck.

B

bushdriver

its hard to find anyone adopting this style on the internet and just posting about what i am doing has helped me to realize what i need to do.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lots of folks are stuck on the idea of 'salt' and can't let go of NaCl. I think that's why it's not that popular yet.

B

bushdriver

its not that the information hasn't been available if people looked hard enough, it just turns most peoples view upside down and a lot simply don't beleive it or see it as too big a change without weighing the real benefits of applying this to farming.... man they're already greening up the desert in mexico with massive greenhouses cooled and fed with seawater, this is the way forward really..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, given how Mexico has handled their shrimp farming, I sure as hell hope this works out better.

B

bushdriver

they're doing it all over the world these sea water greenhouses. i don't know if any of them are using sea water as the food source though. although that would be a good idea as it would make the fresh water go further. sorry i made this thread go a little off topic.. i have got a sea crop type product free sample on my way to try out. its called merlin and is advertised as a sea mineral concentrate but is affiliated with an ormus site, but not directly presumably for advertising means.

Redux

Redux

First post here and in an old thread. I worked with Sea-Crop on a project on and off for about 5 years in general agriculture. I've visited the production facility a few times and know the story very well. Honestly I think it's in a class all by itself regarding seawater/sea salt products for use in growing. Still though if you look at products like Concentrace and Blue Ocean Minerals the assays look somewhat similar. The key to Sea-Crop are the active organic compounds. The owner did a lot of testing and found that seawater with the highest mineral content did not produce the product with the highest bioactivity. The most effective finished product was made using seawater which had the highest biological activity (plankton and bacteria). He has two processes...a patented one which he pretty much has abandoned and the proprietary process for Sea-Crop which has enabled him to obtain approval by the Washington State Department of Agriculture for use in organic agriculture. In some ways his product is more akin to Rene Quinton's plasma. Rene stated that his product worked only because he was obtaining seawater from active phytoplankton blooms. Yes ormus, particularly M-state gold, also plays a big part in Sea-Crop's activity.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fascinating overview, thank you for sharing that with us, Redux.

Redux

Redux

Capulator...The dilution rate for Sea-Crop is dependent on how you're using it meaning how often you apply, over what period of time, etc. One thing I've never recommended is to apply Sea-Crop the last half of flower because of the high Mg content. Can cause your finished smoke to burn 'hot' if you over do it. Also applications for hydro and soil a bit different and is influenced by nute program used, etc. I've heard some use it at 1/2 to 1 tsp per gallon in a res. 1 tsp/gal is pretty high IMO if feeding a few times a day. Last time I did hydro was feeding 3x daily and would err on the low side. For soil type grows, indoor or out, it's the first application that's the most important. So say you throw some rooted clones into fresh soil an application of 2.5% appears safe under most conditions while some use up to 5%. The best results seem to come from an initial soil drench then follow up with weekly .5% foliar applications or 1% biweekly or 2% once a month. So if you're doing short cycle indoor growing you'd prolly want to go more dilute more often. Still always nice to throw a little in the soil/media now and then even if you focus on foliar feeding. Once thing I was told is when it's diluted below .5% for either soil or foliar applications it loses it's effectiveness no matter how much total solution you put on. The manufacturer can only theorize why that's the case. We talked about the 'why' and for another time.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

what kind of differences can one expect in the final product when using this. Ive always been interested but there arent many growers on the boards using it.

Redux

Redux

Using it won't hurt yet noticeable benefits may be negligible. For sure should support general plant health. Probably better in outdoor soil applications. Have been hearing CBD content should get the bigger boost compared to THC. Not a silver bullet by any means. I love Sea-Crop and drink it every day. How many nutes would you eat/drink that you would put directly on your plants?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
By 1% you mean 1 gram in a 1000 mL?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Your both right... hahaha.
20ml per 1000ml = 2%
10ml per 1000ml = 1%
5ml per 1000ml = .5%

Sea-Crop Directions state Five tablespoons of SEA-CROP® (two and a half ounces) per gallon of water equals a 2% solution.
Going off there label, 75ml per gallon is 2%

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
sorry I thought it was a powder/solid...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
and yeah I meant 1 gram / 100 mL not 1000... oops. Thanks Lead!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
No problem! Cap maybe test on something non production or a lower rate first.

Some strains showed some signs of toxicity with 1/2 there recommended rate of (1.25 oz 45ml) per gallon.
Organic soil drench with plants over one month old. Have used as a foliar spray at .5% with no ill effects. hit them with compost tea next watering. They are growing well, but some tip burn and lower leave burn make me concerned that rate is too high for my situation.

Redux, So the product contains life? If I take a look at sea-crop under the microscope, I should see bacteria and plankton?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I liked my results using Sea-90 (cessation of BER in Solanaceous veggies, overall better appearance, vigor and health of the cannabis, as well as being able to greatly reduce other inputs), so the Sea-Crop now has my attention again. Sea-90 should have no life in it, not in the form I have.

Redux

Redux

Redux, So the product contains life? If I take a look at sea-crop under the microscope, I should see bacteria and plankton?
Honestly I never put it under a scope and only had a lab test done. The plate count was pretty low and that test did not look for plantkton. I doubt there's any active plankton yet just a guess. Honestly don't believe the type of bacteria in there have been identified yet speculation it's some type of azobacter. I know Kempf worked with a popcorn farmer and every year the required N input decreased so at the least promotes azobacter already in the soil. Considering something does survive the production process and lives in a solution that's 20% solids high in chloride they must be very hardy like super bacteria. Kind of like archae that survive in hot springs which is a harsher enviro than the ocean except near thermal vents.

I said before peeps would probably see negligible results and want to expand on that. I've seen some amazing results yet for the most part a lot of people don't notice a lot. A local friend saw nothing on most of his veggie garden yet on his peppers the fruit count doubled and he'd been growing the same peppers in that same garden for 10 years. I had UC Davis do a small trial on tomatoes using a typical commercial nutrient program cause I wanted to target that market in Cali and there was no appreciable difference in the yield. I sent some to General Hydroponics for testing and they never got back to me lol. The trace minerals in there are important for enzyme function whether in plants or animals. Enzymes are the biochemical factories that build and tear apart compounds. There's also something special about the organic marine compounds which get concentrated. The ocean has about 2.5x the biological activity compared to the same volume of soil. The process used basically supports production of a raw product as it's done at a pretty cold temperature. No cooking or harsh chemicals are used. I've spent a lot of time talking to Arthur at Sea-Crop and seems the product supports increased carotenoid levels. The most common response in users is an increase in crop flavor. I know Kempf would not use something unless he's getting results and a critical component of his nutrient programs for farmers on a variety of crops.

Considering the positive effect on microbes I always thought it would be a good addition to teas.

I still think the best application for it is outdoors in an organic soil program. Seems to do wonders for soil microbial activity. In some cases it's the final piece of a puzzle and 1+1='s 3. It's more like a catalyst and sometimes things go boom. Regardless of any visual results people see or don't I still recommend it as part of a program because I know it's providing benefits. Put it on soil soon after an application of glyphosate/RoundUp and Sea-Crop is basically useless as the glyphosate binds it up.

Last edited:
Redux

Redux

I'll add a bit more info...first on animal studies. Arthur's distributor in Northern Europe used to be involved in the veterinary area with some formulas and sold out after getting tired of dealing with lawsuits and stuff. He did a study with 250,000 broiler chicks from egg to slaughterhouse and pretty impressive results. Unfortunately I cannot put my finger on the exact data and buried someplace. To sum it up there was a significant improvement in the chicks health, improved feed conversion efficiency, lower mortality rate, decreased infections, increased production of breast meat, etc. Some veal farmers started using it then stopped because it was turning the meat darker pink/red. Best I can figure it increased production of myoglobin so shows promise for the health and sports market. Arthur was dealing with cancer and taking the product and when his blood oxygen levels were tested the doctor told him he had the blood of a teenager. From this I would say increased hemaglobin production which makes sense due to what happened with the veal calves. The chick study used like .o2 ml per kg and this equates to about 1/3 tsp per day for a 150 lb humanoid. An interesting comment from the farmers raising the chicks to the slaughterhouse peeps is the comment they were the best behaved, calmest chicks/chickens they ever saw. Dr. Murray made a similar statement regarding the change in mood/behaviour of penned animals eating foods grown with his sea solids. I was recently told that Sea-Crop is being sold and marketed in Pakistan and the Middle East for use against Newcastle disease. There is no known cure once birds become infected. A flock is usually wiped out within 2 weeks of the first sign of infection. Well seems Sea-Crop not only prevents Newcastle it also heals infected birds. I did find a use patent for someone using seawater as an antiviral. I think Rene Quinton's work was interesting and he really deserves the credit for epigenetics and not Randy Jirtle at Duke. My last stint with Sea-Crop was to get it approved for use as a nutritional supplement yet ran into issues with investors and best I could figure the Fukushima issue scared people off. I needed like $250,000 just for the first phase of development, more animal testing, etc.

Top Bottom