Sea got jacked

• Thread starter Mogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Belgians are usually around 65-75lbs for a male,females are a little less.Bear,my last dog was near 90,86 before we had to put him down and he had been losing weight, but he was a fluke,ive never seen another belgian that big personally.Abby my new dog is 6 mos and shes about 55lbs but shes a mix gsd/bm and has some growing to do.While ive never done any competetive schutzhund or even had the desire to do it i have family members that train for LE and govt agencies for a living.Im sure you could train any dog to protect you but for my money you cant get a smarter/better one than a belgian and as far as your other dog there are so many variables its impossible to guess what her reaction would be to a new dog,Was that dog not around when you had your home invaded?because if shes truly that dominant it seems she would have been more vocal and intimidating at the very least,most criminals wont fuck with a bigass snarling dog,its just human nature to be scared,were the intruders armed sea?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
She's a nervous dog who easily finds dominance over other dogs, but her issues with humans are more like leaning onto you, stepping on you, trying to force you to pet her, that sort of thing. She can be easily scared off by a human, not a dog. She is very nervous and fearful of anything unknown, especially objects like, say... an umbrella, or a leftover paper towel tube. It's taken me a while to get her to be more brave in the face of such things, like sticks, but she still cowers. FORGET getting her to, say, go after a buck eating my blueberries, though! I considered running at him, but the confident way he looked at us gave me pause, and then I thought... Oooohh... is it the rut right now? He was thick and gorgeous!

She'll go after raccoons (got her first nice set of scars last week) and other wild animals, but not cats. She's been passed from home to home. I know how she'll be with a new puppy--she'll become extremely excited, want to play and overwhelm it. I have to interfere every time.

She barked and gave good warning, but then she was tossed a biscuit and that was it, dude was her friend. Again points to the likelihood of someone we know being involved. The only thing I know about as far as being armed was the taser, which they left.

I'm on the site right now looking at their Malinois, by the way. They are truly gorgeous dogs. I can see Hazel getting along well, but I think it would be better to have two females than a male and female... not really sure, to tell you the truth but I don't like males pissing on stuff.

Top Bottom